Peter Returns As Spider-man In June?

• 66 results
#1 Edited by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

Found this teaser for Zeb Wells retuning to write Spider-man in June 2013 and couldn't help but notice that whoever that is, is wearing the classic red and blue suit and isn't sporting the SpOck eyes:

So is this just artistic representation or does the return of writer Zeb Wells mark Peter's return to the webs as well?

Heres the CBR link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44181

#2 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice!!!!!!

#3 Posted by Lvenger (18329 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this makes Superior Spider-Man pointless. The blue parts of the costume, the 'Get Well' pun and Wells being a well received Spider-Man writer does make it more likely that Slott's reversing the decision and getting the hell out of Marvel.

#4 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17298 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Well this makes Superior Spider-Man pointless. The blue parts of the costume, the 'Get Well' pun and Wells being a well received Spider-Man writer does make it more likely that Slott's reversing the decision and getting the hell out of Marvel.

#5 Posted by consolemaster001 (4950 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Damn it ! Too soon

#6 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

didnt see this lasting more than a year, and since its probably peter in the main age of ultron book it really doesnt come as a suprise.

#7 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

didnt see this lasting more than a year, and since its probably peter in the main age of ultron book it really doesnt come as a suprise.

#8 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

Very Very NIce.

#9 Posted by Lvenger (18329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: But it doesn't match with Spider-Man's June 2013 solicitations. There isn't any mention of Wells writing anything.

@DH69: It's Superior in the Age of Ultron book. There's even an Age of Ultron tie in with Superior Spider-Man

#10 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

Could he be returning to Avenging?

#11 Posted by impossibilly (884 posts) - - Show Bio

The above teaser is for the Joe Mad illustrated Marvel title coming in June. Wells is writing it.

Remember that story about Joe Mad returning to Marvel from Monday? http://www.comicvine.com/news/joe-madureira-returns-to-marvel-in-june/146154/

Are we seeing Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine II?

#12 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Strider92: But it doesn't match with Spider-Man's June 2013 solicitations. There isn't any mention of Wells writing anything.

@DH69: It's Superior in the Age of Ultron book. There's even an Age of Ultron tie in with Superior Spider-Man

eh the event confusing as hell, half the characters are runnin around in pre-Marvel Now duds, he's acting and dressing like pete, and emma frost didnt detect anything when she scanned his thoughts, so i'm sticking with pete in the main book and otto in the tie in.

#13 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally! It's been spock for to long already!

#14 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

It goes with this

Plus the June solicits for Superior and avenging have the same creative teams and it superior.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #11
DAN SLOTT (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A/C)
“No Escape” Part 1 of 3
• The Spider-Slayer is scheduled for execution and Mayor J. Jonah Jameson is leaving nothing to chance. To ensure that everything goes according to plan, Jameson’s called in the one man he can trust to oversee everything—the Superior Spider-Man.
• Since the startling events of Superior Spider-Man #9, will anyone realize that things have changed...?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #12
DAN SLOTT (W) • GIUSEPPE Camuncoli (A/C)
“No Escape” Part 2 of 3
• The Raft is complete shutdown. Which means that Spider-Man, Jonah, Glory, and Norah are trapped inside with practically ALL the villains that the Superior Spider-Man has brutalized over the past 12 issues!
• It’s time for a little payback for the Spider-Slayer, Scorpion, Boomerang, and the Vulture!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #22
CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO (A)
Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
• The Punisher and Spider-Man have never seen eye to eye, but this is the Superior Spider-Man! What does Frank Castle think about Spider-Man’s new, hard edged attitude?
• Plus, Mysterio is BACK! Or is he? The Superior Spider-Man has a few questions for ol’ fishbowl head, but the Punisher has something else for him: bullets.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
#15 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

once peter's back in the picture it'll be interesting to see how long doc ock will be gone. or how, if it all, they will fit him back into the mix.

#16 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah i think it will be longer

#17 Posted by Pwok21 (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping not, as Superior will definitely have some interest plot points in the future.

#18 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

I'm hoping not, as Superior will definitely have some interest plot points in the future.

THIS. Superior has potential for some very good stories and in my opinions has already done some.

#19 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Superior at this point. It's getting better, and I like the concept. I mean, everyone knows Peter will be back someday, so why not just go with the flow until then?

#20 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

@Strider92: Damn it ! Too soon

Not soon enough if you ask me. Seriously the ONLY good thing that came out of this debacle was the Superior costume. Yes, despite my seething anger and hopes it just turns out Peter is under the delusion he's Ock, I absolutely love the new costume.

#21 Posted by VeganDiet (978 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll probably just be set before ASM 698. I vaguely recall Zeb Wells saying he was working on A Spidey, Wolverine, and Elektra team up for Avenging Spider-man that had to be delayed because of Robot Chicken.

#22 Posted by darthfury78 (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@VeganDiet said:

It'll probably just be set before ASM 698. I vaguely recall Zeb Wells saying he was working on A Spidey, Wolverine, and Elektra team up for Avenging Spider-man that had to be delayed because of Robot Chicken.

True, If Zeb Wells and Joe Mad are back, its likely to be a Spider-Man x Wolverine mini-series that is separate from Avenging Spider-Man. For now, Chris Yost is the permanent writer for Avenging Spider-Man. I don't think that Wells is coming back to Avenging Spider-Man anytime soon except as a mini series.

#23 Posted by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

Far far far far to soon

#24 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. I don't think Peter is coming back in full capacity this year even.

#25 Posted by PunyParker (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok.......thats....well...of cource im happy,but.....im not sure about Peter/Ock....

#26 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

It is probably just a miniseries written with Peter as Spidey. The Superior Spider-man concept has been really fun so far, however, I think that having Peter in the background of every scene is going to get very annoying eventually. There is going to be a fine line, especially after this Massacre story, where Peter has to get back into his body soon or Slott runs the risk of alienating readers.

#27 Posted by PunyParker (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n: Thats what i fear,it would be....but i see June's Avenging SM is the classic costume......interesting!

#28 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@r3d_rob1n: Thats what i fear,it would be....but i see June's Avenging SM is the classic costume......interesting!

No it's not. June's Avenging is still Superior Spider-man.

#29 Posted by Sarenis (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001: ...are you out of your mind ?

WHY SO LATE ???

#30 Edited by Sarenis (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Im NOT into Spider-Ock - the whole idea with the Spider-Man was that no matter how bad things were he allways had some smart-ass joke or comment about it and many times THAT get him out of the mess...

And this "Spider-Man" ? - hes just a cheap-ass Batman !

Slott took one of the greatest superheros and turned him into a cheap Marvel ver. Batman - FOR GOD'S SAKE THAT WAS THE IDEA FOR PUNISHER !!!

Spider-Man was the first and only superhero comic of my childhood and I must say that after the events of AMSP #700 I dont even bother of downloading this crap anymore.

As long as (real) Peter is off - Spider-Man is dead to me.

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't think that Pete's getting back!

#32 Posted by PunyParker (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: Ηow do you explain the other pic,with Morbius?!...and the promo "Get Wells....soon..." (which can also mean getting back to his body.....) where he is in his classic costume?!

#33 Posted by consolemaster001 (4950 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sarenis said:

@consolemaster001: ...are you out of your mind ?

WHY SO LATE ???

not late enough ! Also welcome to the vine !

#34 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: Morbius I cant explain. Wells I can, last year before ASM 700 Wells and Mad were working on a Wolverine, Spider-man and Electra team-up mini-series but it was delayed. That's why it's Pete this is supposed to take place before 700 (I think not positive though). Oh and by the way, might be going to Boston Comic-con this year. Mark Bagley is going to be there so exited!!!!!!! :)

#35 Posted by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09 said:

Mark Bagley is going to be there so exited!!!!!!! :)

Lucky sunava!!!!!

#36 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

Mark Bagley is going to be there so exited!!!!!!! :)

Lucky sunava!!!!!

Wasn't planning on going then someone was reading to me the artist that would be there and Bagley was going so I was like lets go. April cant come fast enough. Thank god I live 1 hour from Boston.

#37 Posted by PunyParker (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09 said:

@PunyParker: Morbius I cant explain. Wells I can, last year before ASM 700 Wells and Mad were working on a Wolverine, Spider-man and Electra team-up mini-series but it was delayed. That's why it's Pete this is supposed to take place before 700 (I think not positive though). Oh and by the way, might be going to Boston Comic-con this year. Mark Bagley is going to be there so exited!!!!!!! :)

You hit me.....hard.....right in the soul....

#38 Edited by IckyFanboysSHOO (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

I like Superior at this point. It's getting better, and I like the concept. I mean, everyone knows Peter will be back someday, so why not just go with the flow until then?

Because according to the Internet going with the flow is wrong and you should feel bad for voicing you're personal opinion if it differs from the opinion of everyone else.

#39 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@Ninjablade09 said:

You hit me.....hard.....right in the soul....

But why that part and no the next part.

#40 Posted by PunyParker (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: Because i wanna go to a convension.....generally....Bagley is awesome of cource,too,but.....i generally wanna go,y'know

#41 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker:

They are really nice. I went to Boston in 2010. Last year for April Vacation I went to the Pittsburg one where I got stuff signed by J. Scott Campbell and Stan Lee. (Don't want to come off as bragging if I do sorry)

#42 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@IckyFanboysSHOO said:

@mewmdude77 said:

Because according to the Internet going with the flow is wrong and you should feel bad for voicing you're personal opinion if it differs from the opinion of everyone else.

That is very true.

#43 Posted by Funkypanda123 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Im wondering how did Mysterio get (back) to 616 O:

#44 Posted by HushoftheWind (806 posts) - - Show Bio

Look up when the Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out people, thats when Petey is coming back. So next year, around the Summer time....its going to be a huge event.....there may be cake.

#45 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

@HushoftheWind said:

Look up when the Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out people, thats when Petey is coming back. So next year, around the Summer time....its going to be a huge event.....there may be cake.

I like cake. I hope its vanilla

#46 Posted by Humanoid (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

In that regard, every story is pointless. Just enjoy the ride. The last two issues have been pretty spectacular.

#47 Posted by Lvenger (18329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Humanoid said:

@Lvenger said:

In that regard, every story is pointless. Just enjoy the ride. The last two issues have been pretty spectacular.

I gave Slott a chance. I was open to the possibility of a new Spider-Man and even was temporarily won over by Slott comparing his run to being like Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes' body. But sadly Slott hasn't delivered for me. The first issue was average in terms of writing, 2 was the worst Spider-Man story I have ever read and 3 was barely a decent read. Still on 4 and I'm a month behind because of the way I order comics. Point is that I was hoping Slott could make this matter but in case you haven't seen the solicitations, it seems this will all be pointless come May and June.

#48 Edited by Teerack (5349 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently it's Savage Wolverine 6.

#49 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: It is? That's weird.

#50 Posted by Teerack (5349 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: Yeah's its really disappointing because it means this probably wont be the return of Peter :\

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.