Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Peter Parker to reveal his secret identity during Spider-Island?!

• 67 results
    Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Deranged Midget

Pfft, he's telling JJ.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53  Edited By RedK

first off how stupid can one man be, never under any circumstance should you revel your secret identity to anyonhttp://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/29-1443/peter-parker-to-reveal-his-secret-identity-during-spider-island/92-632845/?page=2e let alone your girlfriend for obvious reasons, and how many times is this gona be part of a story this sort of gimic with spidey and his identity should be dead in the water after the civil war.

i think it was mentioned in a previous post but what if this isn't peter it could be any ramdom guy trying to grab the spot light, but my own opinion is that it could be Phil Urich trying to score some points with Norah and also explaning away why he's able to get such good footage of the hobgoblin in action

@Gambit1024 said:

He says it to a dog in the final issue.

not a dog but the spider-cat.. now that would be pretty cool he could have his own super-pet like Batman and Superman.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By cosmo111687

@InnerVenom123 said:

@cosmo111687 said:

Glad to see that Marvel hasn't ran out of good ideas. <.<;...

Read Spider-Island. It's awesome.

I suppose it's unfair to suggest that Marvel doesn't have ANY good ideas. Just taking a look at your avatar, it reminds me that I actually like the idea of combining Venom with Flash Thompson. That's a very creative and interesting approach. And there are other examples of this in Marvel - but I feel that it's few and far-between and Marvel (from the perspective of a mostly retired-Marvel reader) has turned to gimmicks like bringing Cable back from the dead, splitting apart the X-Men, and revealing Spider-Man's identity for little purpose than to shock.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Meteorite

I notice that we can't see the person who's speaking's face. Since this is Spider-Island and all, it could be some random person claiming the title, then getting a lot of publicity and such?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#56  Edited By xerox_kitty

Really, did no-one at Marvel learn their lesson from last time?  Has nobody at Marvel seen The Incredibles where Frozone is mouthing off about women always wanting to know your secret identity... It's a terrible cliche that they made a mess of once before.  Even if this isn't a masive press unveiling to the world, it's still B-A-D!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By ComicStooge

Carlie is just a Mary Jane stand-in.  

There, I said it.
    MisterParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By MisterParker

Hmm.. what if it's NOT Peter saying it?

ComicRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By ComicRP

If the intent is to keep Pete and Carlie together he will eventually need to tell her. I also think Pete and Flash exchanging secrets could be an interesting development, but only if Flash gets to keep being Venom.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By fACEmelter88

It would make aspects of his life much easier iif he just told certain ppl close to him the truth. He could have told May, Flash, Betty and MJ a lot earlier but trusting ppl with that would be hard. He will probably tell Carlie who is a C.S.I. and shes been catching onto his charade recently (ASM #668, Carlie wanted to see Spidey and Peter together...Spidey said Peter just left and Carlie inferred that if she were to compare bite marks on Peters leftover burger to Spideys they might be the same.) I've also been wanting Peter to tell Flash the truth for years now since Flash is Spideys #1 fan and since the two have become good friends. Honestly, I doubt it will be Flash because he is off being Venom but someone suggested it might be Eddie Brock/Anti-Venom...but I doubt it, yet i can see it happening but i'm 99% sure it won't be public like during Civil War but it would be kind of unexpected if it was JJ.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By fodigg
    SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#62  Edited By SpidermanWins

Carlie probably, but I would love it if he said it to Aunt May and she replied with something like "I know"

MisterParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MisterParker

@fodigg: Hmm, let's see, it could be, like you said, Ben Reily(somehow back from the dead). Then again, there's also: Mattie Franklin, Kaine, Miguel O'Hara, Mac Gargan, Kraven and Peter Parker. Oh, and let's not forget the thousands(or is it millions?) of

people who have spider powers and could just pretend to be Spider-Man. Oh, and let's not forget:

No Caption Provided
    mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mewmdude77

I'm hoping for Flash Thompson, or Eddie Brock to be the one he tells it to! Either Venom's reaction would be hilarious as hell! Flash would be like "Puny Parker was my hero this whole time?" and I really don't want it to be Carlie and then she dies, I don't want another Gwen situation, The only one who can fill that is Gwen herself, so no Carlie tell and die!

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65  Edited By Timandm

@Nachobomber said:

Hopefully it will be Carlie and she dies shortly after, can't stand her.

You know, back before Carlie and Peter were an item, she was an interesting character. Many of us WANTED the two of them to get together... But once they got together, it's like someone else started writing the character... She's sooooo.. not interesting... But I don't want her to die... Maybe just get amnesia, forget the past few months of her life, and have no feelings for Parker...

Then we can get Peter and M.J. back together...

As for who he tells about his identity... Seems like Carlie has already figured it out.. So, shortly after that she'll get hit on the head and voila... Problem solved.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By muhabba

I think he's going to revel himself to Norman Osborn! *Gasp* Shock and Awe! No, wait. Osborn already knew it. It's Aunt May! *Gasp* Shock and Awe! No, wait. Umm... Ima at a loss.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By mewmdude77

@muhabba said:

I think he's going to revel himself to Norman Osborn! *Gasp* Shock and Awe! No, wait. Osborn already knew it. It's Aunt May! *Gasp* Shock and Awe! No, wait. Umm... Ima at a loss.

Does Norman know it now? I thought he forgot too

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.