Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17240 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Peter Parker Killed Someone.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

Spider-Man is a killer now. It doesn't matter if Doc Ock won or the fact Doc Ock was about to die in a few minutes, because the way Peter saw it was he deliberately tired to kill Doc Ock.

No Caption Provided

Peter even says pretty much word for word that he crossed a line he said he never would. It doesn't matter how we see it only matters how he sees it, and he sees it as him killing someone. No one really talked about or noticed this when 700 came out because of Slott's sloppy writing and how busy everyone was feeling disappointed about the end of 700, but in all honestly this is and SHOULD be a big deal for Peter. I really hope that if Marvel doesn't retcon/reboot Spider-man to ink out all of superior that they don't just ignore this.

This could actually be very impactful to Peter. I mean if he can learn to live with the guilt of killing someone then he could start killing people when they need to be killed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Peter has killed people before. Sometimes by accident, sometimes purposefully but he has killed people before. Also it could be possible that Octavious' consciousness would be stored in the Octobot like it was when the switch first took place. They could add something like that in later to remove the possibility of Peter killing Ock

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Peter has killed people before. Sometimes by accident, sometimes purposefully but he has killed people before. Also it could be possible that Octavious' consciousness would be stored in the Octobot like it was when the switch first took place. They could add something like that in later to remove the possibility of Peter killing Ock

Maybe accidentally or indirectly he's gotten people killed but never purposely.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lvenger

@teerack said:

@lvenger said:

He's wanted to kill people before. A fight with Shathra got pretty brutal. As did Peter's actions in Back in Black.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By slimj87d

How does he kill Doc Ock when Doc Ock was terminally ill and was going to dye anyway? Peter was performing self defense and trying to save his own life by obtaining back his own body. That's they way I look at it.

What was Peter suppose to try and do? Just stay in Dock Ock's terminally ill body and let himself die while someone hijacks and uses his?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teerack

@lvenger said:

@teerack said:

@lvenger said:

He's wanted to kill people before. A fight with Shathra got pretty brutal. As did Peter's actions in Back in Black.

Wanting to kill someone and killing someone are different things. Peter does lose his temper at times and go a little over bored on the beatings, but he usually stops himself. The thing with kingpin was great and if Aunt my had died i don't think Peter would have crossed the line he crossed in 700. Mostly because of how close he came to killing Osborn when Gwen died, but was still able to stop himself at the last second.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SandMan_

Its not the first time Peter has killed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Wanting to kill someone and killing someone are different things. Peter does lose his temper at times and go a little over bored on the beatings, but he usually stops himself. The thing with kingpin was great and if Aunt my had died i don't think Peter would have crossed the line he crossed in 700. Mostly because of how close he came to killing Osborn when Gwen died, but was still able to stop himself at the last second.

Good point. But what else was he supposed to do? Let himself die in a terminally ill body? He could have just transferred Ock's mind into the Octobot then back into his original body which would mean Ock's death was of natural causes.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

How does he kill Doc Ock when Doc Ock was terminally ill and was going to dye anyway? Peter was performing self defense and trying to save his own life by obtaining back his own body. That's they way I look at it.

What was Peter suppose to try and do? Just stay in Dock Ock's terminally ill body and let himself die while someone hijacks and uses his?

That's how I see it to, but like I said how we see it doesn't matter it's how Peter does, because of how Peter perceived it he believes he's killed someone and crossed a line he hasn't before. If things had gone correctly he said " He would have to learn to live with it." so it would affect him as if he as just murdered someone.

@lvenger said:

@teerack said:

Good point. But what else was he supposed to do? Let himself die in a terminally ill body? He could have just transferred Ock's mind into the Octobot then back into his original body which would mean Ock's death was of natural causes.

I'm not saying he was in the wrong. I just think that a lot of people see this as justifiable and pass it off as him not killing someone.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody hasn't read Spider-man vs Wolverine.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

I already pointed out this was the first time he killed on purpose and not by accident.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I'm not saying he was in the wrong. I just think that a lot of people see this as justifiable and pass it off as him not killing someone.

I guess it might be classed as murder. I just can't be sure. We're dealing in hypotheticals since things didn't turn out that way. Maybe Peter will have to force Otto from his mind thus actually killing him. (until Ock gets resurrected) In any case, it could be that Peter's action would have really been crossing the line.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@frogdog said:

I already pointed out this was the first time he killed on purpose and not by accident.

What about Digger, he might be a zomibe but spider-man had no issue killing him.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: Can you kill a zombie? I mean... isn't it already dead?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@frogdog: Can you kill a zombie? I mean... isn't it already dead?

If you can stop it from moving

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: No different from someone who was at war, shot and killed someone and feels terrible about it and would have to deal with it.

In a matter of fact, him knowing he will have to deal with it probably means he will feel terrible about it afterwards. But it's still self defense.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I liked it... evolves the character right?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @slimj87d said:

That's how I see it to, but like I said how we see it doesn't matter it's how Peter does, because of how Peter perceived it he believes he's killed someone and crossed a line he hasn't before. If things had gone correctly he said " He would have to learn to live with it." so it would affect him as if he as just murdered someone.

@lvenger said:

@teerack said:

Yeah I do see it as justifiable, putting a mad man in a body with that much power is dangerous, so I think it's 100% acceptable to take your own body back. Peter always does this, he blames himself for every little thing that happens. Sometimes he's a big idiot, all he was doing was taking his body back, but yes you're right, knowing Peter he would have cried about it after.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By renamed040924

Eh, Peter thinks everything is his fault. I hardly see this as murder.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

peters is no killer, he was switching his body, it was justice, and bad writing.

exactly

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.