Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Peter parker is the future tony stark

• 64 results
    DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Edited By DATNIGGA

Aside from being a beast of a super hero spiderman is very smart & as he matures hes getting even smarter... maybe even tony stark smart.

he built webshooters & made web fluid as a teen thats a pretty impressive feat considering his webs have held back some pretty strong people in the past. much like stark he also hes always had the abilty to make himself new outfits to adjust to specific situations even when he when he was younger like his rubber anti electro suit

or his metal armor suit (short lived but still awesome)

Then he worked for tony himself tony made him a wonderful suit

iron spidey

No Caption Provided

had some amazing feats powerful tech & when spiderman turned on stark tony used his tech against him... but then

WE FIND OUT THAT PETER REPROGRAMMED STARKS'S TECH! AND OVERRIDES IT!!

(now if that aint a clue that spidey is gonna be one of the greatest minds eventually i dunno what is)

he made more suits than i mentioned all this while working at the daily bugle ok job but it wasn't really challenging his genius but later he gets older and gets a job at horizon labs. and he now has his own lab & he has access to powerful tech & what happens when you mix powerful tech with genius? you get

Sound bending light bending virtually undetectable suits

Stealth suit costume
    Stealth suit costume

(Jason todd the armored spider) sinster six proof outfits

No Caption Provided

Look at em... are little peter is growing up :)

but eventually he'll become top scientist & he'll get exposed to more tech which obviously means more weapons and suits in the future mabey even stronger webs... ethier way hes slowly becoming one of the great minds in marvel. do you think he'll ever reach the level of Tony stark? hank mcoy? or even mr Fantastic?

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Kairan1979
    @DATNIGGA
    only in alternate universes (they even teased us with the possibility in the old Spider-Man cartoon, making on of the Spider-Men a multibillionaire in the armored suit). But they never make Peter Parker rich and famous in the mainstream.
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kidchipotle

Peter Parker deserves to be king of the 616 but, the future iron man doesn't seem realistic to me. Yeah, he's smart and all that but Peter is more scientific smart and Tony is more engineering weapons of mass destruction smart

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By SpidermanWins

The future Iron Man? Unlikely. The Future Reed Richards? More likely..... wait a minute when is "The Future" IYO? Because last time I checked, Peter Parker is in his late twenties or so.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DATNIGGA

@ArturoCalaKayVee: @SpidermanWins:@ArturoCalaKayVee:

When i say future tony stark i dont mean iron man i mean him becoming a future spiderman that heavily uses tech to adjust to specific or everyday situations. cause hes super smart & peter has a good paying job that surrounds him with tech. if he keeps working there he will eventually work his way up this will lead to his money going up & having more access to powerful tech.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

@DATNIGGA: I could see him doing that. He's been making upgraded tech suits already over the past like decade. But he will always revert back to his classic web slinging holsters and blue and red spandex suit

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

I may be in the minority but I fully believe that Peter is on the same level as Tony, Reed, Bruce, Hank, and Henry.....it was a huge slap to Peter when they left him out of the top 8 smartest list in Hulk

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

If there is naything I could reboot or out right delete about Peter Parker it would be his braininess 

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DATNIGGA

@spiderbat87: why? a dumb spiderman would have died long ago

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @DATNIGGA said:

@spiderbat87: why? a dumb spiderman would have died long ago

Hardly, the thing about Spider-Man is that he's meant to be the most relatable, average joe kind of guy and that's not some uber-scientist brain box. At least the Ultimate Peter Parker was just a smart kid and not some genius, it was his dad that invented the web shooters and stuff Peter just put it to a different use.    
    DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DATNIGGA

@spiderbat87: spiderman's wit has gotten him out of alot of tight situations if he wasnt that smart he wouldn't have defeated half of the people he does. alot of his enemys are stronger than him he outsmarts venom there was one time he created acidic webbing to melt rhino's hide. he could have done that if he wasnt smart. & yea he was an average joe once but if you spend your entire high school years battling some of the most dangerous people , lose loved ones & go thew all these tuff times you stop being average. BUT he was always a science nerd

No Caption Provided

over time there has to be mental growth nerds usually grow to be REALLY smart people if they properly apply themselves. which is what peter is doing. but aye comics are odd that way... the characters will be around for years continuously fighting crime & when they slowly change its problem cause there getting out of character. but at the same time if they dont change its just unrealistic.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReVamp

I want IRON SPIDER BACK.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @DATNIGGA said:

@spiderbat87: spiderman's wit has gotten him out of alot of tight situations if he wasnt that smart he wouldn't have defeated half of the people he does. alot of his enemys are stronger than him he outsmarts venom there was one time he created acidic webbing to melt rhino's hide. he could have done that if he wasnt smart. & yea he was an average joe once but if you spend your entire high school years battling some of the most dangerous people , lose loved ones & go thew all these tuff times you stop being average. BUT he was always a science nerd

No Caption Provided

over time there has to be mental growth nerds usually grow to be REALLY smart people if they properly apply themselves. which is what peter is doing. but aye comics are odd that way... the characters will be around for years continuously fighting crime & when they slowly change its problem cause there getting out of character. but at the same time if they dont change its just unrealistic.

Of course he would have beat them, he'll do anything the writers want him to do and there's a difference between being smart and being a crazy uber-genies that work for a huge science company that build time machines and stuff, his smart's level should be high school teacher smart, like it was before.
    Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BatteredArmor

I like Pete being smart but I hate that he's a super genius

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Death Certificate said:

@spiderbat87: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16399257

The fact that Peter invented web shooters as a teenager shows, he was never high school teacher smart, even pym and stark are impressed by them.

I'm not talking about facts I'm talking about preferences, that's why I said if I could reboot or delete something and also referenced Ultimate Peter  
    DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DATNIGGA

@ReVamp: yea he really should replicate that suit

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ReVamp

@DATNIGGA said:

@ReVamp: yea he really should replicate that suit

It was definitely one of the best he's ever had and brought out his potential. He barely used it though...

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @BlackArmor said:

I like Pete being smart but I hate that he's a super genius

that's how I feel
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By fodigg

I think that Pete's character is more "situational gadgets" rather than broad gadgeteer (e.g., Batman, Hank Pym) or tech-powered hero (e.g., Steel, Iron Man). Even after the "Big Time" arc, where his inventions are regularly more elaborate such as entire suits, those inventions are still designed for one specific enemy, mission, or use. I think he's sufficiently different from Tony even in the realm of invention. I've always seen him as a tinkerer or someone who comes up with clever solutions rather than a full-time inventor like Pym, Stark, or Richards.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DATNIGGA

@fodigg: i see what you mean but at the same time he seems to be getting smarter you know finding out the existence of Parker particles and such.. i wonder how far there gonna take this...

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump ?

With the current ASM storyline (Parker Industries and whatnot) how true do you lot find the topic statement?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@DATNIGGA:

only in alternate universes (they even teased us with the possibility in the old Spider-Man cartoon, making on of the Spider-Men a multibillionaire in the armored suit). But they never make Peter Parker rich and famous in the mainstream.

=)

Avatar image for deactivated-59848080e4380
    deactivated-59848080e4380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@datnigga: Well, looks like (in a way) this turned out to be true. Kudos to you for predicting it.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@riscrit said:

@datnigga: Well, looks like (in a way) this turned out to be true. Kudos to you for predicting it.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let some people tell it, Peter becoming the next Tony is the best thing to happen to him.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let some people tell it, Peter becoming the next Tony is the best thing to happen to him.

Yes, it completely is one of, if not the best, and you can't even argue against it LOL (the only thing that could be better than this is the marriage).

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be in the minority but I fully believe that Peter is on the same level as Tony, Reed, Bruce, Hank, and Henry.....it was a huge slap to Peter when they left him out of the top 8 smartest list in Hulk

I completely agree.

@datnigga nice job predicting this!

omnipotence88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By omnipotence88
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Actually yes I could argue against it, I think Peter is cool and great enough has character. That he does need to be like anyone else.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like something Slott would do

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Actually yes I could argue against it, I think Peter is cool and great enough has character. That he does need to be like anyone else.

He isn't. He is literally the same guy - just occupying a more fitting position of importance that is apt considering his considerable ability and talent, rather than literally wasting himself.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I really don't see Peter behaving or the same guy anymore, more like an immature man-child. Who happens to be CEO of his own company, I also never viewed Peter has wasting himself.

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I really don't see Peter behaving or the same guy anymore, more like an immature man-child. Who happens to be CEO of his own company, I also never viewed Peter has wasting himself.

Agreed. I wouldn't say that he was wasting it but that there was so much unused potential.

I mean, the guy's a super genius and he's doing photography/teaching? He could've done so much more.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izamanaick: If Photography and teaching are his passion the why shouldn't he do them, never really dug the whole Peter Parker the whole "Super Genuis" concept.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, sometimes he does behave annoyingly like that. That's why I have said I'm kinda getting tired of Slott. But overall, he is the same guy from Queens who is out to help as many people as he can.

@theheaven_guardian10 said:

Agreed. I wouldn't say that he was wasting it but that there was so much unused potential.

I mean, the guy's a super genius and he's doing photography/teaching? He could've done so much more.

Yeah, that's what I meant by wasting himself. His motto is literally help as many people as he can, yet he wastes so much time taking pictures and shit when he could literally be a hero 24/7 if he wasn't so annoyingly badly written sometimes and used that intelligence to do some good. And for a very family-minded guy, he never seems to care that he is kinda ruining Aunt May's and Uncle Ben's hopes for him by self-sabotaging his success. Honestly, I often see Peter Parker being a photographer/teacher or whatever as being so selfish, both on his part as well as the writer's part. Peter is basically too lazy/unwilling to make a big difference in the world (be the change you want to see in the world, Peter) so he sticks with what is easy to him (you know, f**king about at the Daily Bugle taking selfies all day, and fighting street crime that he can one-shot, never/rarely stepping outside of his comfort zone to actually up his game and help more people). The writer is too lazy to think logically and too scared to step away from some misguided notion on the behalf of many fans that believe Peter should be like "them", an overweight loser that lives in his aunt's basement, when he never has been like that at all (and yeah, I know I'm being very harsh, but this pisses me off SO MUCH - thank you Joe Quesada) so he/she pisses out the same old stories. Honestly, even some of the people who want Peter to grow are annoying, since they want him to grow personally (get married and stuff) but are firmly against him growing professionally and as a superhero, for whatever reason. Pretty hypocritical, but I like them more since I at least partly agree. Anyways, rant over. Thanks for reading, if you did. LOL.

@izamanaick: If Photography and teaching are his passion the why shouldn't he do them, never really dug the whole Peter Parker the whole "Super Genuis" concept.

Yeah, his passion is not photography OR teaching. It is science and has been since his inception. You can't seriously say that an in character Peter would rather be a photographer or teacher than a world-renowned researcher. And I don't see how you can dig or not dig "the whole Peter Parker the whole Super Genius concept" (some grammatical errors there, but whatever) since it is a core part of the character since his inception. Literally the first thing he does is build webshooters, and the first time he beats an actual supervillain is through his super genius.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are you talking about, mate? Peter's passion is science. Always has been.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By amazingfantasy

Yeah, currently he's undoubtedly more like Stark. But that's because of Parker Industries, which was basically forced into him. If Peter were to use his intellect in a more natural route he would be more like Reed Richards, I believe. Peter even said he identifies more with Reed than any other super geniuses in the MU IIRC.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, currently he's undoubtedly more like Stark. But that's because of Parker Industries, which was basically forced into him. If Peter were to use his intellect in a more natural route he would be more like Reed Richards, I believe. Peter even said he identifies more with Reed than any other super geniuses in the MU IIRC.

Yeah, this.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: @blackspidey2099: Want I meant by saying that Peter took joy in teaching young minds about science, he also he enjoyed Photography. Both things brought Peter a certain amount of joy and satisfaction, them being his passion perhaps not the best choices of words. I know all about Peter passion and love for science, since I been a die hard fan of his since I was four. Let me also rephrase my previous statement by saying, that I don't mind better being on the list of the most smartest characters in Marvel. But he shouldn't be too three or five.

@blackspidey2099 I don't need you to point out ever time I make some grammatical errors, some times I just don't catch them. I also don't need you or @amazingfantasy talking to me like less of person or Spider-Man fan and calling me a hypocrite just cause I don't like Peter becoming more like Stark. I would rather he become like Reed, since he is a lot more laidback and low-key

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By blackspidey2099

@amazingfantasy: @blackspidey2099: Want I meant by saying that Peter took joy in teaching young minds about science, he also he enjoyed Photography. Both things brought Peter a certain amount of joy and satisfaction, them being his passion perhaps not the best choices of words. I know all about Peter passion and love for science, since I been a die hard fan of his since I was four. Let me also rephrase my previous statement by saying, that I don't mind better being on the list of the most smartest characters in Marvel. But he shouldn't be too three or five.

@blackspidey2099 I don't need you to point out ever time I make some grammatical errors, some times I just don't catch them. I also don't need you or @amazingfantasy talking to me like less of person or Spider-Man fan and calling me a hypocrite just cause I don't like Peter becoming more like Stark. I would rather he become like Reed, since he is a lot more laidback and low-key

Why not? What's this obsession about rankings anyway? As long as he isn't shown to be less than a super genius, I don't really care. I don't even get the obsession with rankings, since like the next like 10 places can be argued upon (maybe not 10, but you catch my drift) fairly.

Also, I just pointed it out since I was quoting you and it sounded off to me, but I didn't want to change your quote. And also, chill. I don't know where you thought either of us was addressing you like you are any less of a person, and I find your anger even stranger since I've always stated that I want Peter to be like Reed as well (and so did amazingfantasy, right above your post).

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By amazingfantasy

@theheaven_guardian10: That is true, Peter does enjoy being a photographer and/or teaching. He even missed being a teacher while he was a scientist. But again, working with science is his "dream job" (quoting Peter), it's simply on another level for him imo.

And I did not talk to you like a less of person, much less because of your personal views on Spider-Man, I just misunderstood your post and I thought you meant that Peter didn't have a passion for science which is false so I went argue with it. But if that's the impression you got, lemme say that it was not my intention. I must say I do prefer Peter being more Reed than Stark as well. Hell my previous post pretty much said that lol and if I know blackspidey he thinks similarly.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: @blackspidey2099: I took offense cause misinterpreted what you both were saying, my bad for that.

Science is so intrical to Peter Parker and Spider-Man, one would be a fool to say Peter doesn't love for have passion for it. In my opinion Peter shouldn't be a super genuis millionaire to begin with, but if he must than I rather he be like Reed Richards. On that concept we three agree very much.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10:

I tend to agree somewhat with you guys in that Peter is in some ways more akin to Reed Richards than Stark. They do after all share a long history going right back to ASM #1.

If I may just reinforce one point, as someone who has spent 7 years in the film industry that photography and cinematography is very much a technical and scientific profession. ?

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: Yeah If Peter was being presented as the next Reed Richards, then I personally wouldn't mind or be bothered by his characterization lately. Especially like you said Peter and Reed share a long history going right back to ASM #1.

Again I agree with you. That photography and cinematography is very much a technical and scientific profession, then given credit for. I think those would have been cool and interesting ways for Peter to display his gifted intelligence and mind, if he were to choices those professions.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By animehunter
    @blackspidey2099 said:

Yes, it completely is one of, if not the best, and you can't even argue against it LOL (the only thing that could be better than this is the marriage).

While I agree with Peter being successful, it's the level of success I don't agree with, Peter isn't a character who IMO would do well having a global company, personally I feel he is more suited for a small-medium size company that is located in New York with him as head scientist. And I 1000% agree that the marriage would improve things considerably.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: I wouldn't mind that at all, the concept also seems to fit Peter more. It makes him bigger, but not over the top.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: said

@blackspidey2099 said:

While I agree with Peter being successful, it's the level of success I don't agree with, Peter isn't a character who IMO would do well having a global company, personally I feel he is more suited for a small-medium size company that is located in New York with him as head scientist. And I 1000% agree that the marriage would improve things considerably.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I agree, it's the extreme level of success Slott has afforded Parker Industries that makes it absolutely absurd. There is no regard for plausibility in his storytelling.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't get you guys. what's wrong with peter being successful? nothing. it's more believable for him than some stupid pis thing happening to peter so he can just have 'that parker luck'.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper:

There's nothing wrong with Pete being successful on his own merit and within the confines of plausible storytelling. Slott is a terrible writer.

My willingness to suspend my critical faculties and believe the unbelievable, to any sacrifice of realism and logic for the sake of enjoyment with Slott's writing is non existent. Why? because he doesn't factor in plausibility into his storytelling.

Some people say "oh, but it's only comics!" Well I can only suspend my disbelief for so long before all plausibility flys out the window. IMO the quality of writing on ASM has significantly dropped since Slott started.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:

Peter barely runs it. Anna Maria pretty much does, so I don't find it unbelievable, and since she knows he's spider-man I am also willing to accept that she tolerates his flakiness unlike the other people in his life who just assumed he's bailed repeatedly on them over and over for the last 13 years .

This is all going to blow up in his face anyway I'm just glad May got to live to see him become successful.

My favorite point of peters life though was Horizon. Not a big boss but his unorthodox ways got him respect, or at least backhanded compliments.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.