Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Peter Parker confirmed for MCU, not Miles

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

From Spider-Man News

I almost feel a little silly writing this post. When Sony and Marvel announced their deal last month, Sony Pictures president said “this new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker’s story into the future.” Yet even though the press release clearly stated Peter Parker’s name, every online publication was writing articles about the possibility of Miles Morales coming to the big screen.

If there was any doubt before, we can finally put those ridiculous Morales rumors to bed. Joe Quesada, Chief Creative Officer of Marvel Entertainment, answered some fan questions yesterday on his Tumblr blog (via Comic Book Movie). Quesada confirmed that Peter Parker is key to the reboot that’s coming in 2017:

Have you seen any visual concepts/early designs for Spidey 2017? Also, what’s one of the main things you feel is most important to making this Spider-Man film the best that it can be?

The trick to making any incarnation of Spider-Man great, whether comics, animation or film is Peter Parker. Get Peter’s character right and the rest falls into place.

So there you have it! Peter Parker, not Miles Morales, will be Spider-Man in Sony and Marvel’s 2017 reboot. Hopefully it’s not too long before we hear who will be playing him.

SOURCE:Joe Quesada (via Comic Book Movie)

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@anjales: I still can't believe that this was even a legitimate question.

Like you said, the official press release stated that it was going to be Peter Parker, no doubt about it. Then fans of Miles and sites that had a problem with Parker being Spider-Man again insisted that there was enough time for Marvel and Sony to decide to use Miles, that Peter's mention was just a place holder name.

I couldn't stand it then and I still can't stand it now, say what you will about Joe Quesada but he's right about this, it has to be Parker.

Get that weak Miles crap out of here.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

"Get Peter's character right..."

Something Marvel have not been able to do for eight years

Avatar image for sensationalspiderman
    SensationalSpiderMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get how Miles even deserves a movie already. Its stupid to even think about giving him a movie. His story began 4 years ago.

Peter Parker IS Spider-Man.
    And if there's any alternate Spidey who deserves a movie, then its Miguel O' Hara (Spidey 2099).

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By animehunter

From ComicBookMovie

First Candidate For MCU SPIDER-MAN Revealed?

Find out who was the first known actor to audition for the role of Spider-Man in the MCU. This candidate would seemingly confirm that Kevin Feige and co. are definitely introducing Peter Parker, not Miles Morales (and no, it's not Dylan O'Brien). Continue on for details.

According to Badass Digest, Weeds actor Mateus Ward auditioned for the role of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The auditon was reportedly so secret, Ward had to audition at someone's house, not at a casting office. Despite numerous rumous surrounding other young actors, Ward is the first to actually have his name mentioned for auditions. Badass Digest further reports that Marvel is potentially looking to lockdown the next Spider-Man very quickly in order to film a cameo for Captain America: Civil War. If this report is true, it would appear that Marvel may be looking to cast a relatively unkown for the role and someone young enough to continue playing Spider-Man for at least a decade.

----

From ComicBook.com

Mateus Ward Reportedly Testing For Spider-Man

spiderman1

Supposedly Marvel secretly met with 16-year-old actor Mateus Ward about playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man, according to Badass Digest.

Ward, who is best known for his roles in Showtime's Weeds and CBS' Hostages, reportedly auditioned for the part at a house because Marvel wanted to keep it under the radar. Keep in mind, this comes from a new source for Badass Digest, so they're not even sure how reliable the source the information is. It does back up earlier claims that Marvel is looking to cast a much younger actor for the part than they have in the past.

Next Spider-Man film will arrive July 28, 2017. Rumor has it that Drew Goddard ("Cabin In The Woods") will direct and it will be titled The Spectacular Spider-Man.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

YESSSSS!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kill Peter bring out Miles

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad it's Peter.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blackspidey2099

I don't get how Miles even deserves a movie already. Its stupid to even think about giving him a movie. His story began 4 years ago.

And if there's any alternate Spidey who deserves a movie, then its Miguel O' Hara (Spidey 2099).

YES! THIS POST! RIGHT HERE!!! THANK YOU!

Enrique90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sensationalspiderman said:

miguel needs a movie already... long overdue for an animated movie

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Wasn't it obvious from the start?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blackspidey2099

@blackspidey2099 said:

@sensationalspiderman said:

miguel needs a movie already... long overdue for an animated movie

Yeah, Marvel needs to stop making those crap "Heroes United" CG movies and make something to compete with DC on the animated front - Miguel would be a great start, as would the entire 2099 universe.

This is advice they should follow regarding their games too - stop rushing out poorly made money grabs for kids, and start crafting the masterpieces that their superheroes deserve.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Duzz

Okay fine but can we have a Black Peter Parker is what the people would say....

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    And please nothing of people in their late 20s or 30s as Spiderman.
    And please nothing of people in their late 20s or 30s as Spiderman.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yah I would rather see Miguel get a movie before Miles. My first ever comic book was Spider-Man 2099 #1, so he's always been one of my favorite characters (best Spider suit in comics).

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: I looed up to Spider-Man, I cant see a high school pete, its annoying, I dont understand what was wrong with Andrew, he did a good job in tasm 2

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Kid is wearing a Batman shirt, how dare they even consider him for this. Unless...

BRUCE WAYNE CONFIRMED AS THE NEW SPIDER-MAN! DISNEY AND WARNER BROS STRUCK A DEAL!

PotatoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And then they cast Donald Glover.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

"Get Peter's character right..."

Something Marvel have not been able to do for eight years

^^This

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@animehunter: I don´t like Mateus Ward as Peter, I haven´t seen his acting, but based on looks, he looks nothing like Peter. Just get Dylan, he would be great as Peter.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SJW's are gonna be pissed

Avatar image for sasukemilesmorales
    sasukemilesmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should use miles and geta new face and new actor we haven't seen before

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles sucks.

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.