Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Peter Parker back sooner than we think? ***Possible Spoilers***

• 53 results
    Sprayer1218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sprayer1218

Saw this earlier while browsing Midtown Comic's web site, so basically what I'm saying is take it for what it's worth.

Superior Spider-man #7 (4/03/13): 'Troubled Mind' Part 1 • An Avenger no more? • With the public at large realizing this is no longer a 'Friendly Neighborhood' Spider-Man, and in light of his actions in recent events, will the Avengers kick Spidey off the team? Plus the return of Cardiac! • And a new development for a Spider-Man who hasn't been seen for some time. And by time, we mean centuries. • The lead up to the Spider-Event of the Summer STARTS HERE!"

Superior Spider-man #8 (4/17/13): 'Troubled Mind' Part 2 • Peter Parker takes a stand! • With a villain acting like a hero and a hero acting like a villain, one man has decided that enough is enough! • More with Cardiac! More surprises! And a moment that will break a lot of hearts! • To save the life of one of Spider-Man's enemies, Peter Parker fights to regain control of his body, his mind, and his destiny! • Is this the beginning of the end for Otto Octavius?"

Just a couple of thoughts on this. 1. Is this too soon to bring Peter back? I must admit I wasn't the biggest fan of the whole mind swap but since it's obviously happened, they might as well try to get some good stories out of it. Is this too soon to kill off the possibilities of some great issues? 2. I can't help but wonder if they are bringing him back this early, what was the whole point of the swap to begin with? I suppose since I'm assuming they want to stick with the "Superior" version, Peter will keep Doc's memories and intelligence so he will be superior as well, but if that is the case, will Doc have control over the body like "Blue Peter" has control over it now? 3. Surely they wouldn't kill off a seriously big time villain like Doc Ock, so I'm assuming he will get another body and we will be introduce to kind of a new villain, one that knows ALL of Spider-man's secrets. Any thoughts on this?

Just thought I would share. What do you think?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Solicits lie.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Phaedrusgr

I don't think so it's too soon. The whole idea could never be developped beyond an arc of 6-8 comic books. I'd like to add that maybe they saw the reaction of the fans (I doubt it, but who knows). What's the status in numbers with SSM? Anybody knows?

Avatar image for roguejuggernaut
    RogueJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RogueJuggernaut

How's your little wand gonna beat my staff

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xtremekidx

It was just a gimmick of sort to launch spiderman in a new way for the realunch...i dont think they ever intended to go long term with this...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@InnerVenom123 said:

Solicits lie.

This.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Lvenger

@guttridgeb said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Solicits lie.

This.

Have to agree with this.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By wr3h

@Lvenger said:

@guttridgeb said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Solicits lie.

This.

Have to agree with this.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By mewmdude77

It's way too soon for him to be back in my opinion.

gridde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gridde

So far, the biggest reason to pick up Superior each month is to see whether Peter has properly come back yet. Of course there'll be teases like this for a while.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By PunyParker

Slott said they had 6 issues ready before #700 and SSM#1 reactions came in.....these are issues 7+8........who knows....maybe they kinda changed some "details"..

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I think it is too soon to bring him back. If the series was still Amazing Spiderman, then I would believe it. But to create an all new ongoing when the shakeup only last for 10 or so issues seems like overkill

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By fury714

Too soon. Although it CAN be possible though, I remember in Blackest night where they killed Kyle Rayner, but brought him back the next issue due to fan outrage as I've heard. But I believe this would take a year, give or take. like say 15-20 issues due to it being bi-monthly.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Strider1992

I believe this is most likely the beginning of a true fusion between Otto and Pete's mind. After this I think Peter will come out in control but with Ock's memories, smarts and maybe some of his ruthless nature. It'll end up with Peter being slightly schizophrenic.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By soduh2

Based on Avenging Spider-Man 16, I think clones could play a role in how Peter returns. Maybe he'll hijack a spare clone body from Jackal.

Then Superior Spider-Man will be an ongoing story alongside the Amazing Spider-Man. One has the original body while the other has the orginal spirit.

MythiiC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MythiiC

Nah, Doc Ock hasn't messed up Peter's life enough yet... Although, I'm going to guess that Peter will be Spidey again after this big summer event that the solicits are teasing.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@soduh2: That's a theory of mine, that new Octopus (as a villain) will have Peter's body or something like that along with his memories. Perhaps that'd be interesting or dull, don't know

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By soduh2

@Phaedrusgr said:

@soduh2: That's a theory of mine, that new Octopus (as a villain) will have Peter's body or something like that along with his memories. Perhaps that'd be interesting or dull, don't know

That could be interesting. Peter would then have two "brothers". Each one progressively darker than the last.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By gotwillpower

@InnerVenom123 said:

Solicits lie.

Dan Slott probably told the guy who writes the solicits to say that. Being a tease and all, as usual.

If they're legit, it looks like G-Man's predictions on length have been totally off.

mccoym2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mccoym2

I think you are right. Anybody else notice this from the Age of Ultron #1 preview? Someone is wearing blue again.

No Caption Provided
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Ninjablade09

I think that preview is supposed pre700 if I remember

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@mccoym2: I had a talk with a friend of mine. Told him to take a look at your scan. He noticed that despite the fact it looks totally blueish, it doesn't have the red "web lines" connecting the elbows to the gloves - hands. So, is it Otto making more blue the suit? Is it bad colouring? Doubt that. Since it's an earlier preview of the age of Ultron, could it be that Slott hadn't made the suit that black? Or is it our beloved Peter, back in his familiar blueish suit, but with some changes similar to Garfield's movie version suit (if you notice, the movie version doesn't have that red webbed drawing) ? Well????

mccoym2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mccoym2

@Phaedrusgr: Very good point on the shoulder to glove strip. I looked at the bigger picture from IGN and also didn't notice any claws on the on fingers or the split boot. But this very well could be because maybe it was the original art was before Spidey's new outfit final design. I find that a little hard to believe as back when MARVEL NOW! was announced last July(ish) and the character poster was revealed Spider-man was shown in a black and red suit. Its all speculation by me of course but I just find it strange. I have not heard that AoU was set prior to ASM 700, so I can't really comment on that one. Also with the colouring of the suit, that is usually a final process in a comic so I would find it to be a very pleasant mistake if that's what it is.

Now on the Garfields suit, I did not hate it however I dont believe that the movie will ever influence the comic in regards to the costume. Apperantly the costume is being over hauled for the next movie and will be "the most comic book accurate" costume in any of spider-man movies.

I hope, hope that Peter may be back with a ASM - SSM cross new costume.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ninjablade09

@mccoym2: I don't remember where I read it but the first few avengers issues are pre ASM 700. I can try and find the article again

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Cap10nate

I can't wait for this whole thing to be over. I'm not upset about the change, I just don't like deception stories where someone is brainwashed or not in control. I just find them overly frustrating.

I have thought from the beginning that the 'Superior' part isn't actually Doc Ock as Spidey but how Peter will be when he triumphs through this obstacle.

mccoym2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mccoym2

@Ninjablade09: look forward to it. I have been reading a little bit about AoU and havent noticed anything yet. But putting a little more thought into this, who is to say this isnt a scene set in future events in book 1? Marvel is being quite clear that Ultron is successful in taking over the earth, so cant really rule this out either.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ninjablade09

@mccoym2: Well in this cover its spideys classic suit

And is that scan the first issue?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ninjablade09

@mccoym2: might have been wrong about it being before, cant find the place again so I might be wrong but AU takes place in Marvel Now after Ultron takes over so I think the Superior Spider-man issues after 6AU take place before AU so that's why we see Pete.

mccoym2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mccoym2

Yes it is. It was cited as interior art from Age of Ultron #1, It is from an IGN article. I noticed the cover spider-man also but didn't put much hope into it as Cap's shield is also destroyed, which would be a pretty epic thing to happen in the first book. Let alone the pile of marvel superheros.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By animehunter

Not sure if this will answer any or some of the questions here

but here are the official solicits for issues 6.au to 8 (Nothing yet passed 8)

ISSUE 6.AU
    No Caption Provided
    The Superior Spider-Man enters the Age of Ultron!
    ISSUE 7 + 8
    No Caption Provided
    "Troubled Mind" Part 1 • An Avenger no more? • With the public at large realizing this is no longer a "Friendly Neighborhood" Spider-Man, and in light of his actions in recent events, will the Avengers kick Spidey off the team? Plus the return of Cardiac! • And a new development for a Spider-Man who hasn't been seen for some time. And by time, we mean centuries. • The lead up to the Spider-Event of the Summer STARTS HERE!

"Troubled Mind" Part 2 • Peter Parker takes a stand! • With a villain acting like a hero and a hero acting like a villain, one man has decided that enough is enough! • More with Cardiac! More surprises! And a moment that will break a lot of hearts! • To save the life of one of Spider-Man's enemies, Peter Parker fights to regain control of his body, his mind, and his destiny! • Is this the beginning of the end for Otto Octavius?

And here is the cover for Age of Ultron issue 5 (of 10)

No Caption Provided
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ninjablade09

@mccoym2: Ya it would show how hopeless the heroes really are, even though it will most likely be stopped, but not with out a few deaths I hope.

@animehunter: read those awhile ago and gave me more questions. This is also why I made the prediction above. And the 7+8 solicits are at the beginning of the topic its the first post lol. That cover for issue 5 is interesting.

Sapperjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sapperjak

I am gonna need anxiety medicine until this is all over. :facepalm:

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Sapperjak: Good luck

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Phaedrusgr

So...he won't becoming that soon? I think that they have their plan till SSM 8, meaning Otto posing as Spidey. Somewhere along the road, they will decide whether to continue or not with this concept, a decision that depends no doubt on the hearts of the fans (c'est-à-dire their wallets). I do hope they bring him back. I can't help but hate this concept. I can't follow...

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ninjablade09

I think this concept would have worked better if it was just a What If? story.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Hmm. Honestly, maybe the fan response and the death threats the writer received (he spoke of them in an interview with CNN or such) kinda put things in perspective.

As a story arc, I think this could have been interesting and dramatic. As a permanent thing? This is terrible. More terrible than the recurring Phoenix Force in the X-Books like, oh, every five months it seems.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Ninjablade09: As a what if story? Oh, I'd love that! 6-8 comic books and I'm open to whatever end. But in 616? With that end in ASM 700? To be totally honest, I tried to read SSM 1, cause a friend of mine told me I shouldn't be so narrow-minded, but I found it boring and meaningless (that's just me).

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PunyParker

@animehunter said:

Not sure if this will answer any or some of the questions here

but here are the official solicits for issues 6.au to 8 (Nothing yet passed 8)

ISSUE 6.AU
    No Caption Provided
    The Superior Spider-Man enters the Age of Ultron!
    ISSUE 7 + 8
    No Caption Provided
    "Troubled Mind" Part 1 • An Avenger no more? • With the public at large realizing this is no longer a "Friendly Neighborhood" Spider-Man, and in light of his actions in recent events, will the Avengers kick Spidey off the team? Plus the return of Cardiac! • And a new development for a Spider-Man who hasn't been seen for some time. And by time, we mean centuries. • The lead up to the Spider-Event of the Summer STARTS HERE!

"Troubled Mind" Part 2 • Peter Parker takes a stand! • With a villain acting like a hero and a hero acting like a villain, one man has decided that enough is enough! • More with Cardiac! More surprises! And a moment that will break a lot of hearts! • To save the life of one of Spider-Man's enemies, Peter Parker fights to regain control of his body, his mind, and his destiny! • Is this the beginning of the end for Otto Octavius?

And here is the cover for Age of Ultron issue 5 (of 10)

No Caption Provided

Plus,he's batteling alongside the Avengers in Age Of Ultron.....he's suppose to be fired,right?!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PunyParker: age of ultron is confusing with the timeline so you never know what will really happen

@Phaedrusgr: ya SSM was just bad, a what if would make more sense. The only thing I liked about ASM 700 was that the hero lost, love those stories

mccoym2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mccoym2

I still do not find anything really wrong with it in the story. Its not like a mind swap has not happened before in marvel comics. I am just glad to know that it clearly will not be long before this is reversed. I also think if Slott is going for the redemption of Doc Ock then this may be very interesting in the end.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PunyParker

@Ninjablade09: Ι dont think they will make AOU happen before Superior.....but some pics have "Parker" costume,some have the "Ock" Costume......confusing,really.!......but the SSM 7+8 events are also confusing so....

P.S. i insist on my facts....Slott said that by the time ASM700 and SSM1 came out,they had 6 ish. done......this is 7+8....maybe they saw the reactions,and acted properly....

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ninjablade09

@mccoym2: I think the problem is that it was around Spiderman's 50th anniversary plus the 700th issue, and they relaunched the title for something that would only last for a few months. If it was a small story arc in ASM a few years ago it would still be hated but not as much because it wouldn't be sold to us as the end of peter parker.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PunyParker: bendis said AU is after ultron takes over so I think its the future and the current issues that are being released while AU is going on will before that and lead to it

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PunyParker

@Ninjablade09: So.....Superior exists....so its Peter,or Ock wants to try the classic tights,for a change,and i believe,no its Pete.....

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PunyParker: Confusing as hell, AU was written awhile ago before marvel NOW, so maybe superiors suit was destroyed, and he had to use the classic red and blue? I don't know but AU interests me so I will pick it up

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By animehunter

@Ninjablade09 said:

@PunyParker: Confusing as hell, AU was written awhile ago before marvel NOW, so maybe superiors suit was destroyed, and he had to use the classic red and blue? I don't know but AU interests me so I will pick it up

I managed to locate an interior art preview of issue 1 of Age of Ultron (Found Here) (Quality isn't great but OK), that seems to show that SSMs (if it is SSM) costume was destroyed as he seems to be wearing the classic look and I also included the cover image of the tie-in issue of SSM 6.AU, that also shows his costume is damaged.

AGE OF ULTRON #1 INTERIOR ART
    No Caption Provided
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN 6.AU
    No Caption Provided
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#47  Edited By Teerack

Considering the Age of Ultron stuff has a red and blue Spider-Man I've been expecting him to be back before the years end.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ninjablade09

@animehunter: That first pic is where the predictions started with AU and Spider-man, because the superior suit is red and black, the one in the interiors is red and blue.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ninjablade09
    No Caption Provided

I was thinking, with the possible return of Spider-man 2099 in Superior, and after reading 7+8 solicits was this supposed to be the teaser for the event and everyone took it the wrong way.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PunyParker

@animehunter: MINDF**K!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.