Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Peter & Mary Jane still MARRIED - in the daily comic strip

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

The Daily Comic Strip takes place on Earth-77013, currently written by Stan Lee and Larry Lieber

As the title says Peter and Mary Jane are still Married, at least they are in the Daily Comic Strip of a daily newspaper, not sure which one

I only found this out from the latest post from CBR where I found this

While the serial (Comic strip) has featured many familiar friends and foes — from Mary Watson and J. Jonah Jameson to Kraven the Hunter and Doctor Octopus — it’s seldom followed comic-book continuity. However, the two realities intersected in 1987 with the wedding of Peter Parker and Mary Jane, and again in early 2009, when their marriage was magically dissolved, a la “Brand New Day.” But unlike the comic books, the status quo was quickly returned in response to reader outcry.

Which led me to this

Spider-Man, 5/24/09

(All theses articles are from CBR)

Fan letters save Spider-Man’s marriage — in the comic strip

For the full article head here

---

Which resulted from this

Spider-Man newspaper strip gets its own Brand New Day

The Amazing Spider-Man (Dec. 31)

For the full article head here

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

@animehunter:

I hear that they're actually putting the comic strip on sale with IDW. Is there any truth in that?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:

I hear that they're actually putting the comic strip on sale with IDW. Is there any truth in that?

Yes, starting early 2015. I posted the announcement on the main thread - #9112

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MASTER_OF_SUPRISE
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks like something I'm going to check out.

hayley566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Awesome! I'm glad that Pete and MJ are happily married at least somewhere in modern comics.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Aw, they really do still care!

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Still married? so this is the REAL spider-man from what your saying?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still married? so this is the REAL spider-man from what your saying?

I'd like to think so

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will definitely be on my pull list.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker should be happy about this, Gwen stacy was never part of the Strip, instead Peters first love seems to be someone called Carole Jennings

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker should be happy about this, Gwen stacy was never part of the Strip, instead Peters first love seems to be someone called Carole Jennings

Carole,you sweet SWEET thing,i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:

Who's Carole Jennings? This is the first time I've heard of the character.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By animehunter
    @master_of_suprise said:

@animehunter:

Who's Carole Jennings? This is the first time I've heard of the character.

I was doing some more research on the strip and that's were I came across her, I'm trying to find out something a bit more specific, so far this is all I found is that she was his first love when he attended University and that Aunt May like her far more that Mary Jane, so Carole used that to her advantage, but left Peter because of an incident with a cult.

for info on that incident(read in order)

1. Swingin' 70s SPIDER-MAN Sunday Strip! "Dance, Spidey, Dance!" MarvelMania!
    2. Smashing 70s SPIDER-MAN Sunday Strip! The Deadly Danger Continues! Marvel!
    3. Spectacular 70s SPIDER-MAN Sunday Strip! Car-Cruisin' Cultists Crash! Marvel Comics!
    4. Superlative 70s SPIDER-MAN Sunday Strip! "The Cult Assassins!" Marvel Comics!
    5. Superb Sunday SPIDER-MAN Sunday Strips! Exit: Carole Jennings?! MarvelMania!

@punyparker

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stan Lee show how the job is done.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good stuff

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does anyone know the month when this comes out?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By animehunter

So does anyone know the month when this comes out?

No specific month, only that it's early 2015, which could mean within the 1st 3 months of the year

Here is the dull article regarding it

NYCC | IDW to collect ‘Amazing Spider-Man’ comic strips

Following news of an expanded partnership with Marvel for its Artist’s Edition line, IDW Publishing has announced it will release deluxe hardcover editions of the Amazing Spider-Man comic strip through its Library of American Comics imprint.

The strip debuted in January 1977 with a storyline by Stan Lee and John Romita Sr. that pitted wall-crawler against Doctor Doom, and it’s continued daily ever since. For much of its run, the comic has been produced by Larry Lieber, who was joined in more recent years by Paul Ryan, Alex Saviuk and Joe Sinnott.

While the serial has featured many familiar friends and foes — from Mary Watson and J. Jonah Jameson to Kraven the Hunter and Doctor Octopus — it’s seldom followed comic-book continuity. However, the two realities intersected in 1987 with the wedding of Peter Parker and Mary Jane, and again in early 2009, when their marriage was magically dissolved, a la “Brand New Day.” But unlike the comic books, the status quo was quickly returned in response to reader outcry.

The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 1, will be released early next year.

from that, we can surmise they're starting right from the beginning of the strip under the IDW/Marvel banner

Because

Currently the you can get the following from Amazon

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man Newspaper Strips Volume 1

All the strips that are fit to print! And since we're talking about Spider-Man comic strips written en by Stan "The Man" Lee and drawn by "Jazzy" John Romita...that means ALL of 'em! Collecting all of Stan and John's "Amazing Spider-Man" newspaper strips in chronological order, this first volume brings you the earliest classic panels that hit the daily and Sunday papers of the late 1970s! All the daily strips are printed in the original black and white, and all the Sundays in their original colour, featuring remastered linework that will spin a web of enchantment upon anyone who reads them!

COLLECTING: JANUARY 3rd, 1977 - JANUARY 28th, 1979

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man Newspaper Strips - Volume 2

All the strips that are fit to print! And since we're talking about Spider-Man comic strips written by Stan "The Man" Lee and drawn by "Jazzy" John Romita, that means every one of 'em! The second volume collecting all of Stan and John's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN newspaper strips in chronological order, this titanic tome brings you the classic panels that hit the papers in the late 1970s and early 1980s! All the daily strips are printed in the original black and white, and all the Sundays in colour, ready to spin a web of enchantment upon anyone who reads them!

COLLECTING: JANUARY 29TH, 1979 - JANUARY 11TH, 1981

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zarius

I've been reading the strip since 2008. I did'nt know about Carole Jennings either. I'm fascinated by the early history of this, it feels so fresh to me because it's such a rarely acknowledged world. So glad the IDW trades will bring all of this to a new audience

Gwen was actually brought up in the strips this year, she appeared in a flashback with her father when Peter was snuggling up to MJ and talking about people he had lost, and that he was glad things had turned around now that he was married

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

I've been reading the strip since 2008. I did'nt know about Carole Jennings either. I'm fascinated by the early history of this, it feels so fresh to me because it's such a rarely acknowledged world. So glad the IDW trades will bring all of this to a new audience

Gwen was actually brought up in the strips this year, she appeared in a flashback with her father when Peter was snuggling up to MJ and talking about people he had lost, and that he was glad things had turned around now that he was married

Any chance you can tell me the month she appeared in.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zarius

I think it was in a Sunday strip the weekend before Valentines Day. The story at the time was Jameson pitting Peter against Stark's old Iron Man armor, and he eventually wore it himself and fought Peter with it. The b-plot was that Robbie got fed up with Jonah going after Spidey and quit the Bugle in protest. He and Jonah patched things up by the story's end though.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

I think it was in a Sunday strip the weekend before Valentines Day. The story at the time was Jameson pitting Peter against Stark's old Iron Man armor, and he eventually wore it himself and fought Peter with it. The b-plot was that Robbie got fed up with Jonah going after Spidey and quit the Bugle in protest. He and Jonah patched things up by the story's end though.

Thanks I just found it, the date according to what I found was February 2nd 2014.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zarius

Glad I could help. Did you get a chance to read the "crime fighting Doc Ock" story over the summer? I loved it, it felt like Stan was taking the mickey out of Superior Spider-Man the entire time, especially with how Ock's act didn't fool Peter and MJ at all

The current story is pretty interesting, the last couple of weeks has seen the focus shift entirely to MJ's point of view while Peter's on his routine patrol. Mysterio may have something to do with the movie MJ is starring in, but it's been a while since he's been seen

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By animehunter
    @zarius said:

Glad I could help. Did you get a chance to read the Doc Ock story over the summer? I loved it, it felt like Stan was taking the mickey out of Superior.

The current story is pretty interesting, the last couple of weeks has seen the focus shift entirely to MJ's point of view while Peter's on his routine patrol. Mysterio may have something to do with the movie MJ is starring in, but it's been a while since he's been seen

Yes I did, and while I did not get that, I do see where you're comeing from

I usually wait till the end of the month before I read it, I prefer to read the whole thing in one go.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today's strip was pretty funny, "I bet Angelina never had to wait for Brad to stop a carjacking"

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those that might be interested, IDW is soon releasing the FIRST volume of Amazing Spider-Man The Ultimate Newspaper Comics Collection 1977-1978 in Hard Cover

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61tVPkU8O1L.jpg

The wondrous wall-crawler's long-running newspaper strip by Stan Lee, John Romita, and others is given the deluxe Library of American Comics treatment, with all Sundays in colour and integrated with the dailies—just as they originally appeared in newspapers worldwide. Edited by Bruce Canwell, this first volume includes the complete strips from the series start in 1977 through the end of 1978. Written by Stan Lee, with artwork and a cover by John Romita.

IDW, hardback, 312 pages, published July 2015

You can pre-order it before June 16th, 2015 from Amazon UK (£24.69) & Amazon US ($34.35)

steavejames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.