Peter as the Goblin King?

#1 Edited by camstevens80 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I've seen the theory mentioned several times that Peter will be revealed to be the Goblin King. For those who have mentioned this or think this will happen, please explain to me how that even works. In Amazing 697, we see Peter swinging away from talking to Max with the golden octobot following him. The next panel shows Norman gone from his bed. There is no way for Peter to have been the one who took his body. Chronologically it was at least the next day, maybe two days later that Peter learned about the body swap and learned he could control the golden octobot. While it would be a neat twist for Peter to have control over Norman's body, it just doesn't make sense, especially with some fragment of him returning in his current body because of Ock thinking too hard. My guess is that there a fragment in the Living Brain that Peter downloaded in there.

#2 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

@camstevens80: Peter.................... As a Goblin?..................................................

#3 Posted by Spideysense44 (2759 posts) - - Show Bio

If its true that would be pretty cool...at least to me it would

#4 Posted by JasonHawke (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont see it.

#5 Posted by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't be ridicoulous.

#6 Posted by LimboBot (116 posts) - - Show Bio

That's Interesting, but It's asking for trouble. so thanks, but not thanks.

#7 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be HILARIOUS and great if he did.

I also find it funny so many people think it's ridiculous but want to complain about how Superior Spider-Man doesn't make sense at all. Plus, complain that Slott is a terrible writer.

It's impossible for Slott to make a nonsensical story of Parker control Osborn's body but still every other "terrible" story plot is possible for Slott to write.

( +)

#8 Posted by slimchin23 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

it could happen

#9 Edited by HumanRocket (7064 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics is a funny thing so I wouldn't be surprised if this would happen.

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10913 posts) - - Show Bio

Goblin King is so unlike Peter I just can't see how it'd be possible.

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

This. Is. Going. To. Happen. Thus far the Goblin King hasn't actually done anything criminal as far as i'm aware aside from kidnap Carlie who probably wouldn't believe Pete was in Normans body and the Spider-man Vs Goblin fight with the roles inverted sounds like the kind of thing Slott would do.

#12 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1662 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Oh my, if you say so, it might actually happen...I always trust both your knowledge and your guts concerning spidey stories, nevertheless, the solicitations don't indicate something like that. Don't know.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17158 posts) - - Show Bio

This. Is. Going. To. Happen. Thus far the Goblin King hasn't actually done anything criminal as far as i'm aware aside from kidnap Carlie who probably wouldn't believe Pete was in Normans body and the Spider-man Vs Goblin fight with the roles inverted sounds like the kind of thing Slott would do.

No....no....no...

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32192 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't be ridicoulous.

What, he's being ridiculous by saying that it's impossible for Pete to be the Goblin King?

#15 Posted by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: @phaedrusgr: Maybe i'm just trying to scare you guys! But my thoughts are we don't actually know the timescale of those panels when Normans body went missing. Did it happen prior to Spider-mans fight with Ock as shown OR did it happen after like a Tarantino-style out of sync frame to throw us off the scent and Osborn's body actually went missing after the fight. We never saw what happened to the gold octo-bot after the fight IIRC maybe it called off to Osborn.

@camstevens80: Peter.................... As a Goblin?..................................................

Its already happened twice you know. Once Norman put a drug into his toothpaste when he thought Peter would be the perfect heir and Peter flew round as the Green Goblin. It then happened again in House Of M.

#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17158 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Hey at least that means Peter woulda had Gwens kids then! Yeah......even I felt a little sick typing that.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17158 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Hey at least that means Peter woulda had Gwens kids then! Yeah......even I felt a little sick typing that.

*dies of heart attack*

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I don't think it would make sense if Peter was revealed as the Goblin King. I mean, he was freaking out when they captured Carlie because he couldn't remember the true identity of Spider-Man and who was under the mask, but he knew Octavius was in control from Carlie's book but she left out the secret identity stuff.

#20 Edited by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Stop trying to apply logic and consistencey to a series that almost had Peter kill a kid *shakes fist*

#21 Posted by pedrada (29 posts) - - Show Bio

If you guys read the solicits for SSM TEAM UP #11, this could be it... Peter, the amazing spider-man, is either on the body of Dr. Ock, or he's apearing as Green Goblin, and they're both facing SSM... How I wish this had ended already...

#22 Posted by Lvenger (17887 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: The way you've expressed your point makes it seem all the more convincing that Slott would pull this half arsed trick now. Ter-freaking-rific -_-

#24 Posted by Squares (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

What is he, a seahorse?

#25 Posted by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I like thinking out the worst possible scenario and make it as plausible as possible to make people worried.......mwhahahahahaha

#26 Posted by Lvenger (17887 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: You have perfected the art to dangerously good levels :P

#27 Posted by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Welcome back btw. Hope your exams went well!

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Stop trying to apply logic and consistencey to a series that almost had Peter kill a kid *shakes fist*

#29 Posted by Lvenger (17887 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Essays and I hope they did, I put blood, sweat and tears into them!

#30 Posted by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

Don't be ridicoulous.

What, he's being ridiculous by saying that it's impossible for Pete to be the Goblin King?

I find the possibility of Peter being a Goblin ridiculous.....plus the evidence say otherwise.

#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32192 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@punyparker said:

Don't be ridicoulous.

I find the possibility of Peter being a Goblin ridiculous.....plus the evidence say otherwise.

That's exactly what the OP is saying

#33 Edited by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@punyparker said:

Don't be ridicoulous.

That's exactly what the OP is saying

I rushed and replied to the thread title.
My bad.

#34 Posted by pedrada (29 posts) - - Show Bio

And I find the possibility of Dock Ock stealling peter's body and becoming spider-man ridiculous too, but then again... heheheh

#35 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I didn't like it then either. Also, what makes everyone think it would be a good idea? I want Peter to defeat Ock as Spider-Man not a Green Goblin knock off. So please, explain

#36 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (9886 posts) - - Show Bio

Goblin King ?

#37 Posted by Oscars94 (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

You've just opened a whole new can of worms!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.