Original or New

#1 Posted by plehplehgaga (2 posts) - - Show Bio

hello people. i know spider man 4 was canceld. so they made a new one. i liked it but my opinion i like original spider man movies better. what do you think.

#2 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this has been done before, but I like the older ones.

#3 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8096 posts) - - Show Bio

The first two were pretty good.

#4 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the new one

#5 Posted by Strider92 (16838 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedOwl_1 said:

I prefer the new one

#6 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

The old one.

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Amazing Spiderman more.

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (15117 posts) - - Show Bio

The fisrt two were cool.

#9 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the new one.

#10 Posted by nickzambuto (15026 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM was the better Spider-Man movie. More true to the comics, and I thought it was simply more entertaining.

#11 Posted by mewmdude77 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Each had their good points, the original (not including 3) had better villains, and better villain motivation, Amazing had a better love interest, better chemistry between Peter and Gwen, , the original had more close to the comics origin (since it had him wrestle when he first got his powers), and the original actually said "with great power comes responsibility, Amazing kept the villain alive, and more believable teens, and you felt more connected to characters when they died.

#12 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the new version. (But the comics are better.)

#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

I like SM 1 and 2 a lot, but I also really like ASM. I think if both movies were meshed together, they would be perfect. Because SM showed Parker as a true geek, while ASM showed him as somewhat of a punk. Plus the pre-spiderman back story in SM was much better than ASM, in my opinion.

#14 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the original one as an origin movie. However, I believe that the new movie has set things up for the sequel to be better than any of them. Plus Gwen and Peter had much better chemistry

#15 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

they both have their own strengths and are both good movies in their own right, however if someone asked me right now "which would you rather see again? The amazing spiderman or spiderman 2?" I would say spiderman two. To put it simply though, the old ones were nearly straight from the comics (character wise mostly) but the new one was better made.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.