Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

One More Day (WTF!?)

Vincent Volgin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Vincent Volgin

zero edge says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "Back to the topic since I'm discussing this in another thread. I have a few thoughts as to what happened with Peter at the end, though they're still in question. Especially why Harry's back."
    Share your thoughts?"

No problem. I'll write them in a few. I'm going to go eat something first.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By zero edge

Eternal Chaos says:

"Back to the topic since I'm discussing this in another thread. I have a few thoughts as to what happened with Peter at the end, though they're still in question. Especially why Harry's back."

Share your thoughts?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Alright, now I'll write my thoughts.

After fully reading the book, which I thought was actually pretty good. Mephisto said "everything will that happened will remain the same, except for the marriage." That being said, I think the events of the Other and the other things happened still, even though Peter doesn't remember them for some reason. Since Peter never married Mary Jane, Harry perhaps didn't go completely insane and become the Goblin and end up dying right before Maximum Carnage. Since that never happened, arguably, there never was a second Goblin and if there was, and if it was Harry, perhaps Harry just didn't use that modified Goblin Formula, he didn't have that heart attack(?) that killed him when he saved everybody from the burning building. It's possible that everything did stay the same aside from the Marriage and the "larger" events from the marriage changed like Harry. But other events didn't really depend on the marriage.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#204  Edited By Darkchild

Eternal Chaos says:

"Alright, now I'll write my thoughts.After fully reading the book, which I thought was actually pretty good. Mephisto said "everything will that happened will remain the same, except for the marriage." That being said, I think the events of the Other and the other things happened still, even though Peter doesn't remember them for some reason. Since Peter never married Mary Jane, Harry perhaps didn't go completely insane and become the Goblin and end up dying right before Maximum Carnage. Since that never happened, arguably, there never was a second Goblin and if there was, and if it was Harry, perhaps Harry just didn't use that modified Goblin Formula, he didn't have that heart attack(?) that killed him when he saved everybody from the burning building. It's possible that everything did stay the same aside from the Marriage and the "larger" events from the marriage changed like Harry. But other events didn't really depend on the marriage."

wow u thought that out

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Darkchild says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "Alright, now I'll write my thoughts. After fully reading the book, which I thought was actually pretty good. Mephisto said "everything will that happened will remain the same, except for the marriage." That being said, I think the events of the Other and the other things happened still, even though Peter doesn't remember them for some reason. Since Peter never married Mary Jane, Harry perhaps didn't go completely insane and become the Goblin and end up dying right before Maximum Carnage. Since that never happened, arguably, there never was a second Goblin and if there was, and if it was Harry, perhaps Harry just didn't use that modified Goblin Formula, he didn't have that heart attack(?) that killed him when he saved everybody from the burning building. It's possible that everything did stay the same aside from the Marriage and the "larger" events from the marriage changed like Harry. But other events didn't really depend on the marriage."
    wow u thought that out"

I'm a nerd that loves Spider-Man comics and argues with people for fun. Ofcourse I thought it out. LoL.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Darkchild

Eternal Chaos says:

"Darkchild says:
    "Eternal Chaos says:
    "Alright, now I'll write my thoughts. After fully reading the book, which I thought was actually pretty good. Mephisto said "everything will that happened will remain the same, except for the marriage." That being said, I think the events of the Other and the other things happened still, even though Peter doesn't remember them for some reason. Since Peter never married Mary Jane, Harry perhaps didn't go completely insane and become the Goblin and end up dying right before Maximum Carnage. Since that never happened, arguably, there never was a second Goblin and if there was, and if it was Harry, perhaps Harry just didn't use that modified Goblin Formula, he didn't have that heart attack(?) that killed him when he saved everybody from the burning building. It's possible that everything did stay the same aside from the Marriage and the "larger" events from the marriage changed like Harry. But other events didn't really depend on the marriage."
    wow u thought that out"

I'm a nerd that loves Spider-Man comics and argues with people for fun. Ofcourse I thought it out. LoL."

lol. i knew the first time i read the ending id hear ur rants lol.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Darkchild says:

"lol. i knew the first time i read the ending id hear ur rants lol."

Lol, you pay attention to me.

Copy says:

"Yea, he did. Oh and I believe harry died because the modified goblin formula was poisoning him."

The formula wasn't poisoning him,it was just too strong for his body. It put his heart into overdrive, so a heart attack basically.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208  Edited By Copy

Eternal Chaos says:

"Darkchild says:
    "Eternal Chaos says:
    wow u thought that out"
    I'm a nerd that loves Spider-Man comics and argues with people for fun. Ofcourse I thought it out. LoL."

Yea, he did. Oh and I believe harry died because the modified goblin formula was poisoning him.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Darkchild

Copy says:

"Quote from wiki"The Goblin Formula was damaged by the explosion, and while it had increased his strength, it was also lethally poisoning him.""

wiki is the worst site to get info from man

@EC: yeah i know its odd i do pay attention aint it

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#210  Edited By kuchiku

Darkchild says:

"Copy says:
    "Quote from wiki "The Goblin Formula was damaged by the explosion, and while it had increased his strength, it was also lethally poisoning him.""
    wiki is the worst site to get info from man @EC: yeah i know its odd i do pay attention aint it"

wiki can sometimes be bad but some people that actually read comics (me) try to uplaod right info

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Copy

Quote from wiki

"The Goblin Formula was damaged by the explosion, and while it had increased his strength, it was also lethally poisoning him."

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Copy

Darkchild says:

"Copy says:
    "Quote from wiki "The Goblin Formula was damaged by the explosion, and while it had increased his strength, it was also lethally poisoning him.""
    wiki is the worst site to get info from man @EC: yeah i know its odd i do pay attention aint it"

Quote from comicvine

"Harry Osborn collapsed dead, poisoned by the formula of Green Goblin."

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Darkchild

kuchiku says:

"Darkchild says:
    "Copy says:

wiki can sometimes be bad but some people that actually read comics (me) try to uplaod right info "

if u want to upload or input right info take it from the comics not Wiki

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Copy says:

We're talking about Wiki. They said the Silver Surfer's power rivaled Galactus before. What the f*ck are they talkin about?

@DC: It is a little bit. LoL.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Darkchild

Eternal Chaos says:

"Copy says:

We're talking about Wiki. They said the Silver Surfer's power rivaled Galactus before. What the f*ck are they talkin about?

@DC: It is a little bit. LoL."

lol

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Copy

Copy says:

"Darkchild says:
    "Copy says:
    Quote from comicvine "Harry Osborn collapsed dead, poisoned by the formula of Green Goblin." "
    Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Eternal Chaos

zero edge says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    Good observation"

Thanks.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Darkchild

Copy says:

"Copy says:
    "Darkchild says:
    "Copy says:
    Quote from comicvine "Harry Osborn collapsed dead, poisoned by the formula of Green Goblin." "

"

Quote from Darkchild

"WIKIPEDIA SUCKS!!!"

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By zero edge

Eternal Chaos says:

"Alright, now I'll write my thoughts.After fully reading the book, which I thought was actually pretty good. Mephisto said "everything will that happened will remain the same, except for the marriage." That being said, I think the events of the Other and the other things happened still, even though Peter doesn't remember them for some reason. Since Peter never married Mary Jane, Harry perhaps didn't go completely insane and become the Goblin and end up dying right before Maximum Carnage. Since that never happened, arguably, there never was a second Goblin and if there was, and if it was Harry, perhaps Harry just didn't use that modified Goblin Formula, he didn't have that heart attack(?) that killed him when he saved everybody from the burning building. It's possible that everything did stay the same aside from the Marriage and the "larger" events from the marriage changed like Harry. But other events didn't really depend on the marriage."

Good observation

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By kuchiku

Darkchild says:

"kuchiku says:
    "Darkchild says:
    "Copy says:
    wiki can sometimes be bad but some people that actually read comics (me) try to uplaod right info "
    if u want to upload or input right info take it from the comics not Wiki"

i meant i try to correct peoples mistakes on wiki im the good person with info

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By kuchiku

Darkchild says:

"kuchiku says:
    "Darkchild says:
    "Copy says:
    if u want to upload or input right info take it from the comics not Wiki"

i meant i try to correct peoples mistakes on wiki im the good person with info

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Copy

Darkchild says:

"Copy says:
    "Copy says:
    "Darkchild says:
    "Copy says:
    "
    Quote from Darkchild "WIKIPEDIA SUCKS!!!""

Maybe it does. But this is a quote from comicvine. If you want me to look at another website I will. I remember my spiderman handbook even said it.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Copy

zero edge says:

"I'm pretty sure Harry died from being poisoned by the GG formula. "

Thank you.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By zero edge

I'm pretty sure Harry died from being poisoned by the GG formula.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By zero edge
    Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Rdeegvainl

MJ was karma's way of giving back to peter. The only worse recon i can think of would be if Darth wasn't lukes father, this seriously P!5535 me off.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Eternal Chaos

zero edge says:

""

That doesn't mean it poisoned. I remember them saying it was too much for his body. It was too strong.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Copy

Ec, you have the marvel encyclopedia right?

In there it says "Tragically, his body was killed by the deadly concoction"

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Copy says:

"Ec, you have the marvel encyclopedia right? In there it says "Tragically, his body was killed by the deadly concoction""

I don't have it. And that still doesn't mean anything. It could've meant he was poisoned, but it could've also meant it was too much for him and put his body overdrive.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By zero edge

Convulsion - Convulsions may occur in such conditions as epilepsy, poisoning, high fever (especially in young children), disturbances of calcium or phosphorus metabolism, alkalosis, diabetes, oxygen insufficiency, and a low blood-sugar content, as well as in local irritation or injury of the brain.

Nothing really indicates a heart attack when he dies.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Eternal Chaos

zero edge says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/user/4000/7221e5c8ec6b08ef6d3f9ff3ce6eb1d1/1951_400.jpg Convulsion - Convulsions may occur in such conditions as epilepsy, poisoning, high fever (especially in young children), disturbances of calcium or phosphorus metabolism, alkalosis, diabetes, oxygen insufficiency, and a low blood-sugar content, as well as in local irritation or injury of the brain. Nothing really indicates a heart attack when he dies."

The formula could've injured his brain too. I don't want to jump to poisoning all willy nilly. I'll re check that book later on.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Copy

I've looked at three websites that said he was poison. Comicvine, wiki, and marvel.com. And one that just says it was a side effect. marveldatabase.com

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By zero edge

How about this? This is when he starts showing signs of fatigue.

He looks more poisoned then brain damaged.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By zero edge

Eternal Chaos says:

Well let's get back on topic, I could've sworn that I read Quesada talk about retconning the Other and stuff, trying to find it but it's a pain right now.

Vincent Volgin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Vincent Volgin

zero edge says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    Well let's get back on topic, I could've sworn that I read Quesada talk about retconning the Other and stuff, trying to find it but it's a pain right now. "

WHAT!?!?! Are you f*cking kidding me!? Oh c'mon! They need to kill Quesada NOW.

The Speedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By The Speedster

Grabs some guns and explosives

Ready ec?

Vincent Volgin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Vincent Volgin

The Speedster says:

"*Grabs some guns and explosives* Ready ec?"

Gets in tank.

C'mon, let's go.

Darkchild says:

"EC u going to make a post anytime soon bro"

Yeah I am. It's just taking some time to get this one out.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Darkchild

EC u going to make a post anytime soon bro

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Darkchild

taking time HA isnt that how u usually do it.

The Speedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By The Speedster

Vincent Volgin says:

"The Speedster says:
    "*Grabs some guns and explosives* Ready ec?"
    *Gets in tank.* C'mon, let's go. Darkchild says:
    "EC u going to make a post anytime soon bro"
    Yeah I am. It's just taking some time to get this one out."

Gets in a plane with a nuclear missile

Alright!

Flies off

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Darkchild

Vincent Volgin says:

"Darkchild says:
    "taking time HA isnt that how u usually do it."

Lol, very funny."

its true i still remember a duel we have yet ot finish

The Speedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By The Speedster

TURN BLUE EC! Just for moment cause then G will turn blue and kiara always wanted to see blue. So do it for your girl.

Vincent Volgin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Vincent Volgin

Darkchild says:

"taking time HA isnt that how u usually do it."

Lol, very funny.

The Speedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By The Speedster

Eternal Chaos says:

"The Speedster says:
    "TURN BLUE EC! Just for moment cause then G will turn blue and kiara always wanted to see blue. So do it for your girl."
    How about "No". Lol. @DC: I posted, now read. LoL."

Wait I mean kiara wanted to see g blue and he said he would do it if you and kiara would turn blue too.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Eternal Chaos

The Speedster says:

"TURN BLUE EC! Just for moment cause then G will turn blue and kiara always wanted to see blue. So do it for your girl."

How about "No". Lol.

@DC: I posted, now read. LoL.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Eternal Chaos

The Speedster says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "The Speedster says:
    Wait I mean kiara wanted to see g blue and he said he would do it if you and kiara would turn blue too."

I'll do it eventually...

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Darkchild

Eternal Chaos says:

"The Speedster says:

How about "No". Lol.

@DC: I posted, now read. LoL."

yeah i read it and now look at my post u can either post now or wait for RL

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Darkchild

Eternal Chaos says:

"Darkchild says:
    "Eternal Chaos says:
    "The Speedster says:
    yeah i read it and now look at my post u can either post now or wait for RL"

I am so going to kick you in the face. LoL."

why. u should have read the previous posts i said some rather funny things.

"Dont touch anything....ok Max dont touch anything you Vincent touch what ever you want, it will save me the trouble of killing you myself."

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Darkchild says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "The Speedster says:
    yeah i read it and now look at my post u can either post now or wait for RL"

I am so going to kick you in the face. LoL.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By zero edge

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12688

Question:

"Let’s get back to the ramifications of this story and focus on the larger Marvel U implications. It seems reversing the unmasking causes some major continuity issues, especially events in “Civil War” like the unmasking. Will this be addressed outside “Amazing Spider-Man?”"

Joe Quesada says:

"I don’t know if it’ll be directly addressed, as the methodology behind this is as simple as the methodology behind the Sentry’s origin, if Reed Richards can do it why can’t Mephisto? Everything that happened in “Civil War” happened, the unmasking happened, people just don’t remember whose face was under the mask. Tony Stark also did something like this when he brainwashed the world to forget he was Iron Man. They remember the event, but they can no longer recall who the guy under the mask was. This again was the reason why we went with this Faustian pack story as opposed to shifting way too many continuity blocks. It doesn’t cause all of those past Spider-man stories to be discounted. Almost all of that stuff that happened, happened, except Peter and MJ weren’t married.As I said before, is it perfect? No. But it keeps years of history from being wiped out and collections from being destroyed. Those were the issues we had to weigh. There was one other very simple solution and that would have been to kill off MJ. But I love MJ and what she brings to the book. I think that would have been a mistake. And let me point something out that seems missing in all of this…MJ is still around. "

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.