Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

One Moment in time?

Braxxis7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Braxxis7

Has anyone read OMIT? I've wanted to get back in to spider-man but i dont know where to start.
    J-Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By J-Infinity

I don't recommend reading OMIT it explains the details of OMD or at leasast what happed to make them not get married.

Bald Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Bald Eagle

Yes I read it.  There shouldn't be an OMIT, because they should have left things alone.  Spiderman should have kept his mask on then aunt May wouldn't got shot(not that I really care if she dies).
    xlizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xlizen

I've never really cared for Aunt May at all. I don't know why Marvel is so attached to the character. I liked Peter Parker when he was the teacher in the Marvel Knights series. I still want to see Aunt May just die from Mephisto with him saying "I'm the devil so ha ha ha" at the end of OMIT. Sorry to vent a little haha

JarJarMinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JarJarMinks

I recently got back into Spidey titles.  After consulting my local comic shop and looking around this site, this is how I went about getting caught up. 

-"One More Day"- I got the trade paperback to make things easy.  This will get you up to date on the current status of Peter and Mary Jane and prepare you for OMIT
    -Then I started with The Gauntlet storyline in Amazing#612.  With this story arc you get caught up with the current status of Electro, Rhino, Mysterio, Chameleon, Sandman and get set up for the Grim Hunt story arc.

It seems to me that you picked a great time to get back into the Spidey-verse.  I've enjoyed Gauntlet and Grim Hunt immensely.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By zombietag
    @Braxxis7: i would say get into the spider-man universe right AFTER omit. and maybe after origin of species, too. once they start this BIG TIME w/ dan slott, im sure it will be pretty new reader friendly. omit definitely isnt new reader friendly, and im not sure about origin of species or not yet. although im sure it does have a lot of ties to the past
    Avatar image for the_angry_comic_book_critic
    The Angry Comic Book Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 6

If you want to understand origin of species you'll have to read the American Son Arch 595 to 599 I believe and parts of that arc redefine wrong personally I HATE O.M.I.T it adds insult to injury I'm not going to get into it here if you want to know more read my review of the 1st 2 parts of the arc

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By skaarason

start at the gauntlet it 's not too far behind and it's good !!!! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.