Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

OH No!!!! Spider Man Dead....

greenlight1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By greenlight1107

What do you guys think about Marvel killing off Spider Man in issue number 160 of the Ultimate Spider-Man series....

I think this kind of sucks but we still will have him alive in The Amazing Spider Man. Also based on the Spider man trilogy which was based off of the Ultimate Spider man series; will the new Spider man that is due to come out soon have Peter Parker dieing in it?

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By Timandm

I actually JUST started a thread because of this very thing...  For me, comic book deaths have no impact...  So he died... The question is, "How long till he comes back?"  They ALL come back...

In the thread I started I'm asking people to help me make a list of characters that have died and STAYED dead verses a list of characters that have died and come back...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

I heard the new USM will be Kenny "Kong" or whatever his name is. Makes sense. 

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chaos Prime

Stupid Marvel..

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @Timandm said:
    I actually JUST started a thread because of this very thing...  For me, comic book deaths have no impact...  So he died... The question is, "How long till he comes back?"  They ALL come back...  In the thread I started I'm asking people to help me make a list of characters that have died and STAYED dead verses a list of characters that have died and come back...
    Abin Sur died and stayed dead. Aside from Flashpoint, which is an alternate reality, and aside from Black Lanterns, which doesn't count.

PS: Spelled "versus."
    greenlight1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By greenlight1107

@Timandm

Well in my opinion comic book character are supposed to kind of stay dead, but the creators always seem to find a way to bring them back this seems very silly to me. Do you remember when Captain America, died (being killed by a sniper) I was ticked off by this; Marvel Comics even had funeral for him, then they brought him back due to some kind of dimension time travel thing of some kind. And Superman being killed by (I think )Apocalypse. The only one comic character I think stayed dead was Hell-Boy and I even think that eventually he came back as the UN-dead. I think that this is all a big Marketing ploy by the comic book companies to get you all rowed up and distraught to buy the comic copy. just my opinion.... What do you think?

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Timandm
    @greenlight1107 said:

@Timandm

Well in my opinion comic book character are supposed to kind of stay dead, but the creators always seem to find a way to bring them back this seems very silly to me. Do you remember when Captain America, died (being killed by a sniper) I was ticked off by this; Marvel Comics even had funeral for him, then they brought him back due to some kind of dimension time travel thing of some kind. And Superman being killed by (I think )Apocalypse. The only one comic character I think stayed dead was Hell-Boy and I even think that eventually he came back as the UN-dead. I think that this is all a big Marketing ploy by the comic book companies to get you all rowed up and distraught to buy the comic copy. just my opinion.... What do you think?

LOL!  This is my BIGGEST gripe with comic books... Although, I still read them.  I have for decades and I probably always will...  But I reserve the right to gripe...

Marvel and DC are afraid to let characters mature and get on as if they could have normal lives... Things like marriage, kids, grand kids, etc....  But they are ESPECIALLY afraid to let a character actually die a REAL death...  Odd when you consider that, in the real world we STILL manage to go on even when others die...  Just let it be a natural part of the process....  Someone else WILL step up to fill the role of the lost hero... Yes, they'll be different.... Maybe they won't be AS good... Maybe they'll be BETTER...  AND there would be no need for idiotic ret-cons or unrealistic story-arcs where a characters marriage suddenly just DIDN'T happen...

check out the list if you have a moment...   Dead verses Alive Again

See how many have died and come back... and I'm sure there are many more who we haven't listed yet.
    Avatar image for thesilverbeatle
    thesilverbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thesilverbeatle

@greenlight1107:

The death of ultimate Spidey hit me pretty hard actually.... but if it's done with grace then and it's meaningful then it's good it's done.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By zombietag

ultimate deaths dont usually come back actually.

but this is the point for ultimate universe really, telling the stories they cant in 616. so this death is cool i guess, but it will never resonate as much as a 616 death (even a cheap one)

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By fodigg

It makes sense to have a new Spidey at the same time that they have a new Wolverine. The Ultimates universe is now the universe of spinoff characters. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

greenlight1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By greenlight1107

@zombietag

Good point.....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.