Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Oh My God! You lost HALF your readers!

• 119 results
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@danslott said:

@punyparker said:

If you're talking F-ing toilet paper with Peter Porker:The Spectacular Spider-Ham on it,it will sell ,no matter the promo.

It is SPIDER-MAN!!!

And yet... The current SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN book sold, on average, 20,000 more copies an issue than ASM has in years-- and has jumped up to a flagship spot that Spider-Man hasn't had in regard to the rest of the comic book market for a while.

So, qualitatively, you might not have a good point there. :-/

1. Do you believe the Amazing title will continue the "high sales" tradition,Superior established,ignoring the fact that a dislikable character like Peter Parker will be the protaginist?!... :)
    2. Will you protect and "back" the book like you do/did with Superior?...
    pedrada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, Mr. Slott, and I apreciated you making that clear...

I'm the same "pedrada" from the extinct marvel's forum, and, even though I've never made any kind of threats to you, I remember having an argue or two with you when I've expressed my opinion on yours SSM there (all of those argues were always in respectful manners, neither you or I were disrespectful, and it couldn't be different, since we were arguing about comics!). Since I usualy excuse myself for any language mistakes, explainning peopple I'm from Brazil, I thought that tweet was for me (even got a few jokes from my friends here)! My bad, and I apologize for my misjudgement.

Despite my opinion on your aproach of the last year on spider-man comics, I'm a huge fan of this comic for at least 20 years, and can't wait for april to come. So, there is nothing personal here... Just an opinion on your work that isn't even shared by the majority of the readers, as you like to say...

That's the problem about generalization, you adress something to those five "especific" brazilian guys, but doing so in general speech, it can be misread a lot of others brazilians. This also endorses my idea that you shouldn't spend so much energy with peopple that doesn't like you, they probably never will at all! And maybe, they doesn't even deserve your atention (I mean, a death thread for comics?? let them talk to the hand!!)

And since you ARE the guy who's bringing Peter back, I can only wish you a great run in this new ASM era. I'll be the first to buy all of those books, you can be pretty sure about that!

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By lifeofvibe

These Dan slot threads always go places to bad Scott doesn't come around now those would go places

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you believe the Amazing title will continue the "high sales" tradition,Superior established,ignoring the fact that a dislikable character like Peter Parker will be the protaginist?!... :)

I hope so. :)

The one thing I can guarantee you is that everyone on the book will work as hard as they can.

1. Will you protect and "back" the book like you do/did with Superior?...

Yup! Of course! Just like I've backed Spider-Man/Human Torch, BND, Big Time, and every Spidey project that I've been fortunate to work on.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@danslott: Just bring back Way of the Spider...beyond that, I am getting everything else I wanted with Pete's return. I've wanted to see a growth in Pete's skill level for years, and would hate to see it go the way of the dodo.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By spider11211

@danslott said:

@mrgreenlantern said:

honestly a thread like does nothing but detract from real discussion on the book...

How so? If you don't like the subject of the thread, don't open it. Problem solved.

@pedrada said:

the funny part? I, as one of the "haters", don't like when he adresses to me at his twitter, saying I'm one of the five crazy brazilians, I mean, he insulted me.

What?

1) I had no idea you were from Brazil.

2) I'm guessing there's more than 5 people from all of Brazil who post online.

3) That tweet was about 5 very specific Brazilians who sent some of the scariest of the death threats.

So I'm guessing that comment on Twitter wasn't directed towards you.

@punyparker said:

Don't make threads that contain "I told you so"/sarcastic/inviting(hate) content.They tend to go badly.

It was a thread that did one thing: simply, once and for all, put the lie to a constant misconception. But who'd know about that...?

@spider11211 said:

Hmm sounds like someone wants attention to promote a book.

...maybe a certain poster who only showed up after their pal started posting graphs with some of this bizarre and nonsensical "analysis" from the same IP#...

...like the one clearly smacked down in this thread. :-)

@matteopg said:

I always say that! Thank you. Now that a professional stated it so clearly, maybe the babies out there will stop making arguments up?

One can only hope.

See? This guy gets it.

Here we go again, sorry but I do not have time for your games. I hope you get the attention you want from your this which it seems is the main point. Once again from a different IP# but works at the same place that is not from the same poster that made you look foolish and had his account reinstated after it was proven.

I wish you and your book the best.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

OWNED!

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By DanSlott

Here we go again, sorry but I do not have time for your games.

Games? Just dealing with some stone cold truth here.

I think we can all agree, given the very basic, easy-to-understand information in the first post of this thread...

...that anyone who ever made the argument that a launch title lost "half of its readers" from issues #1 to #2 of its run...

...was completely full of it.

And someone who went on to repeatedly make that claim over-and-over again, would be a very foolish person indeed.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott said:

@spider11211 said:

Here we go again, sorry but I do not have time for your games.

Games? Just dealing with some stone cold truth here.

I think we can all agree, given the very basic, easy-to-understand information in the first post of this thread...

...that anyone who ever made the argument that a launch title lost "half of its readers" from issues #1 to #2 of its run...

...was completely full of it.

And someone who went on to repeatedly make that claim over-and-over again, would be a very foolish person indeed.

I see, for one I never made that claim so I guess I was not part of that.

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see, for one I never made that claim so I guess I was not part of that.

My bad. That wasn't you. It was someone using the same IP #. And more than one person can use the same IP#.

But that other guy? It was very silly of them to make that claim. And for anyone who linked to that. They'd be silly too.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By spider11211

The guy you mentioned (my friend and coworker) never made the claim "half of it's readers" he made a completely different statement. As for the IP address you should really look into it there can be thousands on one IP depending on how it is setup. At our office their are at least 58 setup on one IP at this time.

I am sorry as much as I would love to continue this debate with you I must admit I just do not have the time or care to do so. We are very close to the same age so you probably are going through some similar challenges. You may have noticed that I have also not been posting as much over the last few months and that is with good reason. Last year and this year have been very challenging for me. At the beginning of last year I found that my cousin that I am very close to passed away due to an epileptic seizure that lead to a heart attack surprisingly just a few hours after I had the pleasure of visiting him. Then two days before Thanksgiving I lost my grandmother she had a long run and almost made it to 100 but it is still hard to lose someone that you see and take your child to visit every week. Then the one that hit me hardest was just 10 days before Christmas when I had to make the choice that no one should ever have to make as I made the decision that my mother wanted which was to take her off of life support. I then held my mother’s hand so that she would not be alone as she struggled to live for the next 24 hours as she slowly passed.

This year brought me more hope that it may be better than the last but with a large course load to teach and a deadline for my next publication looming I have been very busy. On top of that it seems that the trend of bad luck continues. My uncle is now in the hospital losing his fight to cancer, my brother is in the hospital again for yet another stroke (my brother lives with our family since he no longer has the ability to take care of himself). You would think the trend would end but now I get to go to another funeral for a friend that we failed to get off drugs that died of hypothermia since he was homeless and we could not find him.

So please forgive me for not pursuing this debate and countering false statements, it is just not as important to me as it is to you. I hope that you find what you need in life and that you get what you were looking for in this discussion post that you started.

Hitmanspike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott: There seems to be a correlation between ignorance and shouting... the more ignorant you are the more shouting and ranting you will do... And if you insert belief in that, you get a crusader, so convince of his wrong ideas that he will continue to rant even confronted by undeniable facts... There will still be people using that argument...

On another subject that whole superior thing got me very confused... At the beginning I was mad, then I hated myself for loving the book then I really enjoyed it! And now I'm confused again... I'm hyped that Peter will be back :), but the end of Superior saddens me :(..

Mitran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott: your not losing readers. look at the sales

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#115  Edited By PunyParker

@danslott: your not losing readers. look at the sales

He doesn't believe it....the thread has a sarcastic theme.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I just want to know one thing.

Are Stefano Caselli and Steve McNiven ever coming back to Spider-Man?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#117 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I know this isn't a "Ask Dan anything thread," but since your eyes are on this thread, I'd just like to say: more Cardiac and Prowler, please. That is all :D

Arachnobat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Arachnobat

No Escape was like the only good arc in Superior. Goblin Nation had the makings of the best spidey story ever but so far it's been a real letdown.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Where is this all coming from lol? Complaining about SSM is so 8 months ago get with the times man!!

Opunaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Opunaya

@lvenger said:

I wouldn't care if Superior Spider-Man was the best selling comic book of all time. The extent of what you've done to the book has tarnished my memory of my favourite Marvel character and third favourite comic book character after Batman and Superman. Plus you've ruined one of my favourite villains by sticking him in a situation where it's impossible not to hate what he's doing. So stick to your sales figures, they change nothing of the outbreak of criticism nor the valid facts that your writing of this series has disrespected the very core of Spider-Man's character and rivals One More Day and Sin's Past in its level of criticism amongst comic book fans. I hope you can do better when you bring Peter back but I was beginning to have problems post Ends of the Earth anyway so that'll be a mountain to climb as it is.

Pretty much my feelings on the matter.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121  Edited By Wyldsong

@k4tzm4n said:

I know this isn't a "Ask Dan anything thread," but since your eyes are on this thread, I'd just like to say: more Cardiac and Prowler, please. That is all :D

At least I am not the only one making requests=)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.