Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Official Trailer for Amazing Spiderman

Day Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Day Hunter

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

EPIC!!! ^__^

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Icon

Finally! XD

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Kallarkz

Liking it. 
    Thank you sir for passing it along.

Mecha_Booshh91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mecha_Booshh91

Uhm, i love it. 

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spidey 15

It seems awesome, but did the spider bit him on his neck??? 
    Not that i'm complaining but i like more the original way, where he bites him on his hand, but that's not important at all anyway. 
    :)

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

looks really good.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @spidey 15 said:
    It seems awesome, but did the spider bit him on his neck??? Not that i'm complaining but i like more the original way, where he bites him on his hand, but that's not important at all anyway. :)
    Was wondering the same thing, honestly I don't see why it would HAVE to be on his hand, it's not the most important factor of his origin and if makes sense I'm fine with that very minor change. :)
    Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Izaiah

Looks sweet :D

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Shadowdoggy

okay, that looks very cool....but doesn't it seem a little too soon to be starting over? 
    I mean, this is another origin story, right? 
    Uncle Ben dies, all that? 
    hmm 
    it does look cool though 
    who's the bad guy? Anyone know?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben....man that is so much win right there

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Caligula

meh. Looks like Twilight meets Spider-Man.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Shadowdoggy said:
    okay, that looks very cool....but doesn't it seem a little too soon to be starting over? I mean, this is another origin story, right? Uncle Ben dies, all that? hmm it does look cool though who's the bad guy? Anyone know?
    I believe it's supposed to be the Lizard.
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spidey 15
    @War Killer said:
    @spidey 15 said:
    It seems awesome, but did the spider bit him on his neck??? Not that i'm complaining but i like more the original way, where he bites him on his hand, but that's not important at all anyway. :)
    Was wondering the same thing, honestly I don't see why it would HAVE to be on his hand, it's not the most important factor of his origin and if makes sense I'm fine with that very minor change. :)
    As i said, i was not really complaining. It's not that important at all. I just personally find the original way a bit more cooler. 
    :)
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#15  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i want next summer RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
    deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looks good ^^ many movies to see next summer lol
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By karrob
    @War Killer said:
    EPIC!!! ^__^
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Caligula

I just don't feel it. It's too hipster feeling, with a dash of emo. I feel like they are trying to hard to give it the gritty dark edge of the recent Bat films. And not trying to make it a Spider-Man film.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icon

@Caligula: Have you not read Spider-Man comics? They can get as gritty, and yes as emo, as anything. There is nothing in the tone of this teaser that is not in keeping with the comics.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Caligula
    @Icon said:

@Caligula: Have you not read Spider-Man comics? They can get as gritty, and yes as emo, as anything. There is nothing in the tone of this teaser that is not in keeping with the comics.

yes I have read them, And I challenge you to show me one as gritty or dark, as The Dark Knight Returns, Arkham Asylum A Serious Home on Serious Earth, Joker's Asylum, Year one ect.

The closest I've seen is Grim Hunt. And it's still not as dark as any of those. But regardless Spider-Man doesn't feel like this.
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Icon

@Caligula said:

@Icon said:

yes I have read them, And I challenge you to show me one as gritty or dark, as The Dark Knight Returns, Arkham Asylum A Serious Home on Serious Earth, Joker's Asylum, Year one ect. The closest I've seen is Grim Hunt. And it's still not as dark as any of those. But regardless Spider-Man doesn't feel like this.

LMAO. First of all this teaser is obviously not as dark as The Dark Knight Returns and is not trying to be. There is a big difference between gritty and the kind of stuff you're talking about. Grim Hunt is a Spidey comic that I would say is much darker than this trailer and evidence that this teaser is not all that dark or disturbing at all.

As for a Spidey comic that is as dark as that, read Spider-Man: Reign.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Caligula
    @Icon said:

@Caligula said:

@Icon said:

yes I have read them, And I challenge you to show me one as gritty or dark, as The Dark Knight Returns, Arkham Asylum A Serious Home on Serious Earth, Joker's Asylum, Year one ect. The closest I've seen is Grim Hunt. And it's still not as dark as any of those. But regardless Spider-Man doesn't feel like this.

LMAO. First of all this teaser is obviously not as dark as The Dark Knight Returns and is not trying to be. There is a big difference between gritty and the kind of stuff you're talking about. Grim Hunt is a Spidey comic that I would say is much darker than this trailer and evidence that this teaser is not all that dark or disturbing at all.

As for a Spidey comic that is as dark as that, read Spider-Man: Reign.

well obviously you are a bigger fan of Peter than I. I'll take your word on it.

But my personal feelings are that this is not the Spider-Man I am familiar with. Not that, that is a bad thing. Sometimes it can be better. But this trailer rubs me the wrong way. I will of course see the film before passing a final judgment. but this trailer leaves a bit to be desired.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By fodigg

Inclusion of his parents and possible connection to SHIELD make me wish this was tying into other Marvel films.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Icon

@Caligula: Fair enough :]

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @fodigg said:
    Inclusion of his parents and possible connection to SHIELD make me wish this was tying into other Marvel films.
    I get the feeling that they're going to take the Ultimate route with his parents where Peter's father was a scientist who's work was stolen and was killed in a plane crash to cover it up. Maybe by Oscorp?
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Gambit1024

Gotta say, it looks pretty good. I just don't know how I feel about dark toned Spider-Man. Jokey Spider-Man is the one I know and love. 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Gambit1024 said:
    Gotta say, it looks pretty good. I just don't know how I feel about dark toned Spider-Man. Jokey Spider-Man is the one I know and love. 
    I really do hope this Spidey's got a sense of humor, that's one of the things I didn't like about Tobey's Spider-Man is that he didn't make any jokes.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By Gambit1024
    @War Killer: And when he tried, they weren't funny at all. Yelling "Here's your change!" at a bank while fighting Doc Ock was just silly.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cascadeking09

What's up with him getting bit on the back of the neck?

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Gambit1024 said:
    Agreed.
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Icon

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:
    I really do hope this Spidey's got a sense of humor, that's one of the things I didn't like about Tobey's Spider-Man is that he didn't make any jokes.

Oh god that is such a good point. It pains me to think a whole generation has grown up thinking Iron Man is funny, and Spider-Man is not. :/

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By danhimself

the first person stuff reminds me of Mirror's Edge

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

Epic!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @danhimself said:

I've seen people criticize the trailer for that, but honestly is that a bad thing? I've never played the game and found that part in the trailer really cool actually. I feel like people just bash this movie for the sake of bashing, making comments like "the suit sucks!" and "he looks like a basketball!" or "Web-Shooters are lame!" I mean jeez, no wonder Marvel and DC are under so much stress to make a good comic book movie when they've got that crap to deal with.... <_<
    SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By SpidermanWins

That last part will be awesome in 3D

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By fodigg
    @War Killer said:
    @fodigg said:
    I get the feeling that they're going to take the Ultimate route with his parents where Peter's father was a scientist who's work was stolen and was killed in a plane crash to cover it up. Maybe by Oscorp?
    that would make things personal again, but are they really doing green goblin again?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @fodigg said:
    @War Killer said:
    @fodigg said:
    that would make things personal again, but are they really doing green goblin again?
    As far as I know they aren't, if they do though they'll probably set it up in this movie and in the next and finally have Osborn be the villain in the third movie.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By danhimself
    @War Killer said:
    @danhimself said:

I've seen people criticize the trailer for that, but honestly is that a bad thing? I've never played the game and found that part in the trailer really cool actually. I feel like people just bash this movie for the sake of bashing, making comments like "the suit sucks!" and "he looks like a basketball!" or "Web-Shooters are lame!" I mean jeez, no wonder Marvel and DC are under so much stress to make a good comic book movie when they've got that crap to deal with.... <_<
    oh I'm not saying that like it's a bad thing....Mirror's Edge was a fairly decent game....I'm not a huge fan of the arms on the suit but that's not really a big deal....fanboys will be fanboys and they'll hate almost everything with little reason to...I mean we've seen what 2 minutes of the movie and I feel pretty positive that they won't use the first person stuff in the actual film...but either way...you can post a single image from anything and fanboys will start saying how much they hate it and think up huge elaborate reasons for their hate
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @danhimself said:
    @War Killer said:
    @danhimself said:

oh I'm not saying that like it's a bad thing....Mirror's Edge was a fairly decent game....I'm not a huge fan of the arms on the suit but that's not really a big deal....fanboys will be fanboys and they'll hate almost everything with little reason to...I mean we've seen what 2 minutes of the movie and I feel pretty positive that they won't use the first person stuff in the actual film...but either way...you can post a single image from anything and fanboys will start saying how much they hate it and think up huge elaborate reasons for their hate
    Oh I wasn't meaning I thought you were criticizing it, I was just mentioning because I've seen it a lot the past few days xD But I agree, I mean people were even making up crap about Thor's CAPE being to big in his movie for goodness sake, it's just sad when fanboys do that just for teh sake of it.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By danhimself
    @War Killer said:
    @danhimself said:
    @War Killer said:
    @danhimself said:

Oh I wasn't meaning I thought you were criticizing it, I was just mentioning because I've seen it a lot the past few days xD But I agree, I mean people were even making up crap about Thor's CAPE being to big in his movie for goodness sake, it's just sad when fanboys do that just for teh sake of it.
    See I try to overlook little crap like that....I'm usually just happy that they're making a movie about a comic book character....except for Jonah Hex...that whole movie was crap
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @danhimself said:
    @War Killer said:
    @danhimself said:
    @War Killer said:
    @danhimself said:

See I try to overlook little crap like that....I'm usually just happy that they're making a movie about a comic book character....except for Jonah Hex...that whole movie was crap
    Agreed.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By daredevil21134

cool

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#43  Edited By muhabba

I hate to see the "origin" rehashed.  It seems too soon after the Rami films to have a origin movie.  I still hate the new costume, not because it's slightly "new" but because it looks like he's wearing "swatches" and tap shoes.  Still looking forward to it tho'.  The earlier comics were more grounded in reality than what we saw in the Rami movies and I'm hoping that's the way their going with the movie.  I feel hesitantly hopeful to see it. (if that makes sense)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.