Official Synopsis for 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'

#1 Posted by mccoym2 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Found this today on Latino-Review.

Columbia Pictures announced that filming has begun on The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2 in New York. The film is the first in the history of the franchise that will be filmed entirely in New York City and New York State.

The sequel to last year’s critical and box office hit The Amazing Spider-Man, the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.

The film’s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Dan Mindel, production designer Mark Friedberg, editors Pietro Scalia and Elliot Graham, and costume designer Deborah L. Scott.

The latest chapter in the Spider-Man story is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.

Also to anyone who is interested I have a new Superhero Blog for those who wish to check it out http://superheroesnow.blogspot.ca/

#2 Posted by MrShway88 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprise it's coming out in May and not Summer.

#3 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88 said:

May is actually considered the beginning month of summer movies

On another though, I'm exited glad the movie takes place not long after the first one. Find it interesting that Peter and Harry are old friends like Pete and Eddie were in the Ultimate Universe.

#4 Posted by Onemoreposter (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88 said:

Actually, both Spider-Man 1 and 3 were release early May with Spider-Man 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man being released in late June and early July respectively. This makes May the most common month for releasing Spider-Man films. Also, Spider-Man 1 and 3 were the most profitable films worldwide so this also makes May the most profitable month in which to release a Spider-Man film as well.

#5 Posted by TheHulk (813 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk interested. Maybe it will introduce MJ.

#6 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHulk said:

Hulk interested. Maybe it will introduce MJ.

Didn't they cast Shailene Woodly as MJ

#7 Posted by TheHulk (813 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk don't remember. Hulk wasn't really following progress. Hulk was focusing more on progress of Godzilla reboot in 2014.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.