Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

OFFICIAL Spidey 3 Talkback thread

• 103 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

The three of us are gonna see it today in glorious IMAX today. I figure let's try to keep all our thoughts and opinions in one place to make it easier to discuss how great (or not) this movie is. I'm sure there will be Spoilers so be warned.
    Post Edited:2007-05-04 13:15:36

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

I'm walking over to the San Francisco Metreon with Lady Solbright in about 20 minutes. See you there.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zero edge

venom looked toooooooo badass

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Martian

So I went and saw Spider-Man 3 last night and it can be sumed up in one word, Amazing. The fight scenes in this movie were so epic that they fly by any other movies by far. All the characters were play amazingly and fit their parts perfect. So here is a breakdown of characters:

Sandman was prefect. The guy looked just like Sandman from the comics and really played the part great. He looked awsome in his sandform and while fighting. My only problem with him was that when he was in his sandform he roar like he is some giant monster instead of talking like a normal person. But besides that it was really well done.

New Goblin was done really well. Yeah he doesn't look the traditional Green Goblin but he did an amazing job playing the part not only as Green Goblin but as Harry Osborn. And the Glider I wasn't sure if I was going to like becuase it looked more like the Rocket Racer skateboard than a Goblin Glider but it turned out to be really cool.

Venom was the start of this show. I wasn't sure about how they got to play the part but he did a good job. He was able to play Eddie very well and after he gets the suit you really get that Venom feeling you are waiting for. Really just another perfect character.

For the rest of the characters they are the ones that have appeared in all the others and did another fantastic job. Overall I have to say this is the best one of the series and probably beats any other superhero movie out there to date.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By The WeatherMan

Going to see it tonight baby! Got a company of 7 people, popcorn and we're off!

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zero edge

spiderman621 says:

"So I went and saw Spider-Man 3 last night and it can be sumed up in one word, Amazing. The fight scenes in this movie were so epic that they fly by any other movies by far. All the characters were play amazingly and fit their parts perfect. So here is a breakdown of characters:Sandman was prefect. The guy looked just like Sandman from the comics and really played the part great. He looked awsome in his sandform and while fighting. My only problem with him was that when he was in his sandform he roar like he is some giant monster instead of talking like a normal person. But besides that it was really well done.New Goblin was done really well. Yeah he doesn't look the traditional Green Goblin but he did an amazing job playing the part not only as Green Goblin but as Harry Osborn. And the Glider I wasn't sure if I was going to like becuase it looked more like the Rocket Racer skateboard than a Goblin Glider but it turned out to be really cool.Venom was the start of this show. I wasn't sure about how they got to play the part but he did a good job. He was able to play Eddie very well and after he gets the suit you really get that Venom feeling you are waiting for. Really just another perfect character.For the rest of the characters they are the ones that have appeared in all the others and did another fantastic job. Overall I have to say this is the best one of the series and probably beats any other superhero movie out there to date."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Nameless one

Most likely going to see it tomarrow

to damn busy today

double shift at work

sides need to do some shoping at the mall shivers

I hate that place

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Darkchild

I enjoyed every minute of it it was the best of the 3 so far

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Lady Tlieso

i agree that venom, sandman & harry were awesome. with topher grace playing eddie brock i wasn't sure he'd be believeable as venom but i thought he was great. my only complaint was the ending. i just thought people changed a little too quickly. i do plan on seeing it again though, watching from the 3 rd row is just painful, maybe i'll like it more then.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The WeatherMan

The movie was wonderful.

I heard critics say that the franchise is running out of steam, but critics got money up their asses to spit lies out of their mouth.

Sandman was great, he was very believable, and easily accessible as a character. The actor played his part very well, plus the CG stuff was there and it was something awesome. His struggle in the movie was carried out well and I liked his story, personally. Only downside I felt to it was that, maybe his family got a little more screen time. An extra scene with him seeing his family after the final battle had happened would have filled up some gaps and made for an interesting conclusion to his story, instead of just flying away.

Harry's part was probably my personal favorite, just because of the changes he goes through. Sometimes, he feels like a harmless guy, and sometimes he is a sinister shadow watching Spider-Man's fall to darkness. He seemed to be somewhat overpowered by the other characters in a few scenes, but hey, he managed to pull through. I believe most of the twists were done with his character, and they were quite good, drawing me in to see what he would do. The ending was somewhat predictable though, and the scene with him and his butler seemed like a loophole (If he knew all this time, why didn't he tell him before?) But that's me being somewhat picky.

The main show was left for Venom, with whom was the grand finale. As everyone had said and noted, the biggest fear was that such a skinny guy would be playing Eddie, who is usually pretty muscular as he is a weight lifter. But when they do show him as Venom, he seems to have gained a few more muscles and does look very imposing in the whole costume. Eddie Brock's character is portrayed probably the worst, not just because of the muscular guy character, but the actor just didn't give the character enough hate and anger. There was "revenge" there, but not so much "anger", like the Eddie Brock we know from comics, who does show extreme anger at Peter. I must say the part was not played up to it's strengths, although, it still does a decent job at showing the character to the average viewer. The CG Venom, as I said, looked very imposing and he did have the scare factor going for him. The CG was done with high detail I just wish they gave him the tongue, like in the comics, but again, a comic geek just being nitpicky.

On the very small downside, while the ending is bittersweet, and very likable, the loose ends aren't completely tied up and it leaves you wondering what, why, where, who... It's a slight downfall, but it's understandable, since there is a Spider-Man 4 coming, there must be a way to show that the franchise is not complete.

Overall the movie did have it's small kinks, but it would be fairly hard to catch them. Eddie Brock's actor could have done better at the role, the emotions are not so different in the end, from what they were in the beginning. Yes, this movie does deserve the praise of "Best Comic Book Movie Yet," and if that isn't saying much, it is on par, or maybe even better than, Batman Begins. Go see it. You won't regret it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By -000

I'm confused, a lot of critics are saying it was bad, but everyone here loved it.

I'll probably see it this weekend.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zero edge

Critics are biased

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I liked it.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Prodigal Son

Critics are mostly idiots. Unless they're not.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gmanfromheck

I liked it too. How could you not. Cascader didn't seem to like it and I think RedLAMP is kinda on the fence. Sure there were parts that seemed a little off. But bottom line, it was entertaining. Loooooooooved Bruce Campbell. And how about Peter's clothes shopping spree. I think what bothered them was all the emo stuff and whining about losing MJ. That bothered me a little too but I thought about it on the way home and it was because of the suit. It messed with his emotions. Why would it only make him aggressive. It feeds off his emotions and probably amplifies them. So he became a crying school girl over MJ (no offense to any crying school girls out there). The fight scenes where great.

Not sure how I feel about seeing it in IMAX. It was nice. It was loud. The action scenes were good on such a big screen but it was kinda hard to focus on everything at once. And you could also see all of Tobey's pours and facial features. But I'm glad I did see it there.

I kinda don't like how Sandman was treated. Why change his character to have him involved with Ben. That didn't really seem necessary. And his ending was a little much.

Venom's ending? Seems like we didn't get enough of him. A movie with just him would've been great. Topher was good although I kept thinking about That 70s Show. Not necessarily a bad thing. I kept waiting for Kelso or Fez to show up.

Overall I liked it. For having over 40 years to work with, I thought they did a good job fitting everything in. I even liked Harry better than I did from the previews.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I liked it. Sandman has never been a favourite of mine, but I liked him here. I think they did a good job fitting him in to Spidey's origin, though why they did I don't know. I suppose they wanted him to have a connection to Pete and that was the easiest way. I coulda used more Venom too. I think it did get a bit convoluted, it had enough plot for two films, but I think Raimi did a good job of keeping the pace while expositing.

Bruce Campbell and J.K. Simmons had me laughing every time they were on screen. They are proof that there are no small parts.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zero edge

There wasn't enough Gwen =(

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

There wasn't enough spider-sense.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zero edge

lol yeah

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The WeatherMan

Yea dude. What happened to the awesomeness of the "Fzwing..." kind of noise and everything going very slow?

I want my spider-sense back.

Although, Venom does cancel out spider-sense.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

There were tons of times it could have been used that didn't involve Venom. Even if they didn't have the special slo-mo thing they still could have had him act like he knew stuff was coming. The only time I saw it was when Harry was on the floor in his house and he threw the pumpkin and Emo Peter dodged it and flung it back.
    Post Edited:2007-05-05 00:42:40

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The WeatherMan

Buckshot says:

"There were tons of times it could have been used that didn't involve Venom. Even if they didn't have the special slo-mo thing they still could have had him act like he knew stuff was coming. The only time I saw it was when Harry was on the floor in his house and he threw the pumpkin and Emo Peter dodged it and flung it back.
    Post Edited:2007-05-05 00:42:40"

That scene was badass.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

It did seem odd that Harry was able to stab him without any warning.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gmanfromheck

Nah, he just wasn't thinking rationally. The whole situation probably screamed danger to his senses. He was just being stubborn and ignoring it. His emotions got the better of him.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

That wasn't the only time. How about when Harry first attacked him and took him off his bike? In Spider-Man 2 he avoided pretty much the same thing (it was a car not a flying ninja).

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gmanfromheck

Maybe he doused him with that anti-spider-sense stuff Green Goblin made in the comics and the scene got deleted.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

The stabbing was the one that caught me in the cinema. I agree, there's more.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gmanfromheck

You guys have to realize that he does use it all the time. Like when he's swinging. He has to know, on the fly, where to snag his web to acheive the perfect arc to swing to the next point. Especially when he was swinging away from Harry. What about when he rescued Gwen? As he was diving down towards her, he had to know how to twist and turn to avoid all the debris. Look at the comics, he's not untouchable. His senses go off, but he still needs to react to them. I still say he was so juiced up on emotions at Harry's place that he ignored the warning of the knife coming. I seem to recall an explanation long ago in the comics that he just knows when danger is coming and which way to dodge. I don't think his senses will say "Watch out dude, there's a knife coming."

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NiteFly

We saw it last night for a 9:40 showing. Venom--awesome. Fight scenes--awesome. Movie--awesome. Topher Grace was a perfect Brock. I loved it and would highly recommend.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Final Arrow

Stand and claps "Bravo , Bravo" sits back down.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

G-Man says:

"You guys have to realize that he does use it all the time. Like when he's swinging. He has to know, on the fly, where to snag his web to acheive the perfect arc to swing to the next point. Especially when he was swinging away from Harry. What about when he rescued Gwen? As he was diving down towards her, he had to know how to twist and turn to avoid all the debris. Look at the comics, he's not untouchable. His senses go off, but he still needs to react to them. I still say he was so juiced up on emotions at Harry's place that he ignored the warning of the knife coming. I seem to recall an explanation long ago in the comics that he just knows when danger is coming and which way to dodge. I don't think his senses will say "Watch out dude, there's a knife coming." "

I understand that and really, I don't think it's a big deal, it doesn't hold the movie back, it's just something I expected to see. In the first two movies they made a point to show him using it, but in this one he doesn't. There were plenty of times where he could have used it and gotten out of the way of something, but he didn't.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I saw it last night, it was great. I think it's good how they taken bits of both 616 and Ultimate Venom and merged it, and left it open for Carnage in future movies.

My main problem was the scene where Spider-Man posed infront of a gigantic USA-flag. As a non-american i felt that it was extremely cheesy.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

fesak says:

"My main problem was the scene where Spider-Man posed infront of a gigantic USA-flag. As a non-american i felt that it was extremely cheesy."

That was cheesy, but not the first time he did it (he does at the end of the first one). Maybe it looks cheesy to us because we're on the outside. Like when you're the only sober one at a party and you realise everyone's talking nonsense.

SuperYard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SuperYard

I haven't seen Spiderman 3. But I'm gonna see it next weekend :D (Y)

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"fesak says:
    "My main problem was the scene where Spider-Man posed infront of a gigantic USA-flag. As a non-american i felt that it was extremely cheesy."

That was cheesy, but not the first time he did it (he does at the end of the first one). Maybe it looks cheesy to us because we're on the outside. Like when you're the only sober one at a party and you realise everyone's talking nonsense.

"

Yeah, i'm always the only sober one. That's why i tend to avoid parties.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Martian

fesak says:

"I saw it last night, it was great. I think it's good how they taken bits of both 616 and Ultimate Venom and merged it, and left it open for Carnage in future movies. My main problem was the scene where Spider-Man posed infront of a gigantic USA-flag. As a non-american i felt that it was extremely cheesy."
    I actually found the worst scene was with stan lee. Stan Lee is cool but that whole scene was fine until he had his line. It seemed after that the whole scene was just so he could be in the movie. He would have just been better off pulling people out of the way again.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gmanfromheck

I didn't mind that. Sure it was cheesey. But the really really sad unfortunate thing is he won't be around forever. I look forward to his appearances in Marvel Movies.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Martian

Oh I like seeing him in the movies. But I perfer having to look for him then him being right there in front of you.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By gmanfromheck

Well he's gonna be pretty obvious in the FF 2. Think he might even be playing himself in the wedding scene like he and Kirby did in the comics when they got married. That wouldn't make sense since he already appeared as Willie Lumpkin.

Maybe he should just play a ninja in his next role.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By zero edge

I thought it was pretty cool he got to say something to the character he co-created.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gmanfromheck

Any interest in pinning this for a little while?

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Boken

you ether love it or hate it. over the past two days i've herd both sides of the story.

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nameless one

ok yes Venom looked bad ass and was truly bad ass

however, peter parker proved two things to me last night

one he is a chancy second he is an emo chancy!

in short far to much chancy ness in the film

not so please

could have been better

especially for the amount of time i had to spend waiting in line behind and emo kid who was facinated with his nipple!

emos ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Walkingstone

I'm beginning to wonder if I should go and see this at all. I really didn't like Spidey 2, it annoyed the hell out of me, so based on that, should I see the new one?

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Walkingstone says:

"I'm beginning to wonder if I should go and see this at all. I really didn't like Spidey 2, it annoyed the hell out of me, so based on that, should I see the new one?"

If you really didn't like Spidey 2 (and I admit I can't comprehend that) then I doubt you would enjoy this one as it carries on from it. I suppose it depends on what annoyed you about the last one thiugh.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Walkingstone

Mostly what annoyed me was the soul searching. It was fine for a while but it got boring real quick. They could have shaved off a good half an hour of film just by having him deal with it. Sorry. I love Spiderman. I hate Peter Parker in Spidey 2

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Yeah, there's a bit of that. Spidey's always been abit of a whiner though. One of the cartoons had him meet Stan Lee (from an alternate universe) who says something like "You're confident and you have it all together, not like the guy I write about."

I like my superhero films to be heavy on the super-action, otherwise it has nothing to distingush it from other movies. One of the best things about Superman Returns was the plane rescue. Zero character development, but where else can you see a man catch a plane? There is some good action scenes in this one and the stuff at the Bugle is great. I'd see it for JJJ alone.

Metal Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Metal Head

I haven't seen it yet (going Wed night) so I'm avoiding reading too many spoilers in here. But for everyone in here who's just bashing critics cause they're in it for the money... I don't put as much stock in critics as I used to, though it's a good general theme. Our local paper gave it a C+. Lots of reviews seem to be putting it at 2 1/2 out of 4 stars (or 3 out of 5). So it sounds like a decent flick.

But just as you guys are bashing critics, it also gets me irked when comic fans feel they must praise every part of every comic book movie ever. Just because it's a comic movie doesn't mean you have to like it. It's okay to dislike a comic film or even parts of it (I hated the Green Goblin's costume in the first Spidey flick, and think Kirstin Dunst adds absolutely nothing to the part of MJ in any of the flicks, but I still really love the first 2 Spidey films.) I just don't get why so many comic fans feel they're being disloyal if they bash a film at all. (Well, unless it's Howard the Duck or Tank Girl, because then it's cool to bash it...)

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By zero edge

Metal Head says:

"I haven't seen it yet (going Wed night) so I'm avoiding reading too many spoilers in here. But for everyone in here who's just bashing critics cause they're in it for the money... I don't put as much stock in critics as I used to, though it's a good general theme. Our local paper gave it a C+. Lots of reviews seem to be putting it at 2 1/2 out of 4 stars (or 3 out of 5). So it sounds like a decent flick.But just as you guys are bashing critics, it also gets me irked when comic fans feel they must praise every part of every comic book movie ever. Just because it's a comic movie doesn't mean you have to like it. It's okay to dislike a comic film or even parts of it (I hated the Green Goblin's costume in the first Spidey flick, and think Kirstin Dunst adds absolutely nothing to the part of MJ in any of the flicks, but I still really love the first 2 Spidey films.) I just don't get why so many comic fans feel they're being disloyal if they bash a film at all. (Well, unless it's Howard the Duck or Tank Girl, because then it's cool to bash it...)"

I don't feel disloyal when I bash a comic movie (I.E. Elektra, Daredevil, Batman Forever/and Robin, Superman 3,4 and many more). I honestly liked all 3 movies although there were things that annoyed me, it doesn't make me hate it overall. I never trust critics to judge a film for me.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I liked Superman 3. Yeah it wasn't the epic that the first two were, but I enjoyed it. The Quest for Peace was totally awful. Batman Forever was okaaay. Batman and Robin was rubbish, though not quite as bad as people say it was. I think the Spider-man movies and Batman Begins have been the best so far. They're the ones that seem to get the character closest and strike the rigth balance of action and drama and what not. That's not to say that there aren't things that could be improved upon and it's all just my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.