Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Off THEIR Minds: Who is the Perfect Woman for Spider-Man?

• 169 results
    Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

Okay I'm just going to say it. The whole Silk/Peter thing is very forced. Or is this a joke I'm not in on? I can't remember if I commented on this or not. I say MJ they have the most chemistry together.

Felicia even if she wasn't having a heel turn just wouldn't work. Carol Why I'm not opposed to it I can't see them being more than friends. Gwen Stacy well....she kinda dead so yeah. Plus even if she was alive then they'd have to deal with Sin's Past which is still cannon per Quesada's orders. On top of that I feel MJ and Peter have the best chemistry together.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By Rubear

Kitty Pryde)

Gwen Stacy well....she kinda dead so yeah.

And kinda not

No Caption Provided
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear:

If they went for that route it kind of make Peter look a bit scummy for essentially replacing 616 Gwen. It'd be like treating Kaine as if he's Peter.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. Mary Jane
    2. Gwen Stacy
    3. Kitty Pryde
    4. Carol Danvers
    5. Felicia Hardy

Are the only ones I accept in that order

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear:

If they went for that route it kind of make Peter look a bit scummy for essentially replacing 616 Gwen. It'd be like treating Kaine as if he's Peter.

Well, they already used Kaine as "Peter" of Houston with his own character and in Ultimate Universe Peter was with Gwen's clone for some time. So...)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#156  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@iceslick: she's his aunt by marriage not biology *hint hint : p*

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear:

Personally I felt they had Kaine be Kaine in the Scarlet Spider series. I can't really say much about the ultimate universe as I haven't read all that much of it though. Besides I'm pretty sure Spider-Gwen is going back to her own universe.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Felicia even if she wasn't having a heel turn just wouldn't work.

It might have worked if Felicia retained her Pre-OMD persona.

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78:

Pre-OMD maybe but she isn't. Add in too that Pre-OMD Peter and MJ were married and Felicia from what I understand moved on. But given this is post OMD this is the Felicia who was in love with Spider-Man and not Peter Parker.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By darthfury78

@master_of_suprise said:

@darthfury78:

Pre-OMD maybe but she isn't. Add in too that Pre-OMD Peter and MJ were married and Felicia from what I understand moved on. But given this is post OMD this is the Felicia who was in love with Spider-Man and not Peter Parker.

Considering that Peter never restored her memories, the current situation with Black Cat feels like a What if Peter never revealed his secret identity to the Black Cat? We are seeing the results first hand. Peter Parker was her moral compass when she knew he was Spider-Man. The only way for Spider-Man to restore his friendship with Felicia is restore her trust in him once again as Peter Parker.

As an alternate twist of fate, I feel that when she took off Spider-Man's mask, Felicia might have seen Peter's face while blocking the Camera with her bad luck powers at J.Jonah Jameson. If her memories of Peter as Spider-Man were restored to her, she's going to very angry at him that she'll go all super villain in order to rebuild her life as a crime boss. And once that's complete, she'll go after Peter Parker's company as a major shareholder. Thus, Felicia will become Peter's worst nightmare in the corporate boardroom and on the battlefield until she's satisfied that Peter's has gotten the message(through his thick skull) that her friendship to him was more important to her than the costumed hero Spider-Man(The Mask).

If Felicia has a valid reason to hate Spider-Man, it's not because of what Superior Spider-Man did to her. It's because he failed to honor their friendship by not restoring her memories of his secret identity as Peter Parker. This would make Felicia feel as if Peter had taken advantage of her trust by engaging in a Friends with Benefits relationship without her consent(her original memories) because she would never had agreed to that proposal with him. For the Black Cat, it was either to resume their relationship from where it left off or nothing at all. Provided if Felicia's memories were restored to her after she unmasked Spider-Man. This would make the Black Cat into an enemy that Peter will never avoid until he confronts her face to face. To Felicia, Peter has committed the greatest sin of all, which is he violated her soul(by not restoring her memories himself); and for that she's going to violate him as payback.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Mary Jane
    2. Gwen Stacy
    3. Kitty Pryde
    4. Carol Danvers
    5. Felicia Hardy

Are the only ones I accept in that order

A very good list. How do you feel about these alternates to your list:

1. She-Hulk(Jennifer Walters human form persona)
    2. Jessica Drew
    3. Betty Brant
    4. Natasha Romanov
    5. Psylocke
    6. Silver Sable

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the original (616) Marvel Universe, the only universe that matters to me, it is undeniably Pete's only true love and that is Mary Jane.

Gwen died a long time ago and whilst she was Pete's first love, she never ever knew him as Spider-Man.

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By ZariusII

@trashpanda said:

Silver sable or mockingbird in my mind. Parker doesnt have to worry because they can defend themselves but honestly silver sable

Bobbi and Peter had virtually nothing in common (Bobbi's own words), and MJ can take care of herself. If you ever actually read the books, you'd know this.

Trashpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your right. Mj is probably the best

Btw i did read the comics

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By darthfury78

@zariusii said:
    @trashpanda said:

Silver sable or mockingbird in my mind. Parker doesnt have to worry because they can defend themselves but honestly silver sable

Bobbi and Peter had virtually nothing in common (Bobbi's own words), and MJ can take care of herself. If you ever actually read the books, you'd know this.

Bobbi and Peter do have a few things in common. Dan Slott never addressed this during his run, which is a love for science and possible ties to Dr. Conners and Ted Salis(aka. The Man-Thing). Some forget that relationships are formed on the foundation of shared interests. And we all know that that Slott is not known for creating an romance in the traditional fashion.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

For the Win!

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By ZariusII

Dream on fury

MJ for life.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: No one can beat MJ. On an alternate note, here is another pic I found:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.