Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Off My Mind: Why Peter Parker’s Return Won’t Be Easy for Spider-Man

• 57 results
    Baron_BJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Baron_BJ

@14nc3 said:

I just want his problems to be solved with everyone who is personal with him (MJ, Aunt May, The Avengers, Felicia etc.) and only has to face the problems with the public and Jameson... And if he goes through some amnesia %$^£ then i'm gonna hunt Slott the &^%$ down.

This is what I'm most concerned about, up until #30 where Peter returns it looked like he was going to have amnesia, there are even solicits for a Spider-Man title being written by Fialkov that are following that premise (a TERRIBLE premise), not to mention how it kept going over the idea that he was reduced to his "defining memories". Although, in #30 of SSM the dialogue and the images of Peter's memories all portray them as having returned in their entirety (which doesn't make sense, though the portrayal of events that led to his memories returning leads me to believe this, the problem is that despite my loving SSM, the way they've dealt with memories has been completely retarded and never made sense, like they kept changing their ****ing minds!).

It seems like throughout SSM's run the team were constantly subject to some forced re-writes, especially regarding memory. It reminds me of "Ghost Peter" in the first 9 issues; there are two conflicting stories behind what happened, Slott was forced by editorial to include Ghost Peter to calm the readers and ease them into the story before shuffling him off, OR Slott received some advice from a fellow writer near launch and decided to include Ghost Peter for the same reasons (the only question is whether or not he was forced). This is why in the early issues a lot of the scenes with ghost Peter just felt like random pages jammed into an otherwise good book: They were.

Anyway, I PRAY that we're not going to get the amnesia story, that would be so trite, boring and ****ing lame.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at Wolverine judging Spiderman for killing one of his enemy.

Lmao

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

It's been a while since you've written one of these and this is a really good article G-Man. Of course, the main problem here is that Slott and those involved with this story have basically done this to set Peter back to ground zero. AKA the classic Stan Lee days in a very literal way. Assuming Octavious doesn't admit to mind controlling Spider-Man or no proof arises that Spider-Man was mind controlled, Peter will be seen as a 'menace' to the world once again. J Jonah Jameson hates Spider-Man with an even deeper passion. Parker Industries will most likely be sold off by Peter so he'll be left peniless without a job at Horizon. And his personal life is ruined by SpOck.

So, in essence, this literally sets Peter back to the conditions when he was first created. Is that truly a good goal to reach for? I think not in all honesty.

even the Daily Bugle probably won't hire him back. if it's even around by the end of Goblin Nation. he'll have to live somewhere too, but MJ's is out of the question cause she's dating Pedro.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BAH, he's peter and will be fine........,.......,.......

Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

One thing I will say, despite the whole relationship fixing thing. If Parker had ANY sense (if the writers had any sense), they/he better make use of Ock's special improvement's to his suit and his tech, which made him a more fearsome Spiderman than Peter could ever be, his fighting abilities along with Ock's tech would make him near unstoppable.

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Darksider555

I think that Jessica (Spider Woman) will cut him some slack due to being in the same situation with the Skrull Queen. I mean... unless they choose o forget about it.

It would be kind of awesome to see Peter decline rejoining the Avengers on the ground that he has to earn back their trust.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just another part of Marvels plan to get the status quo back.

The whole brand new day thing was also to take things back to the status quo with him being single and not so many people knowing his identity. But the writers have realized that he still has something that he didn't have back in the 60s and 70s his reputation. This is all a massive plot device to get Spider-man where the writers want him, an untrusted loner in and out of the costume. The only difference is people won't trust him as much as Peter Parker either, which isn't a 100% return to the status quo but he can get that back in a few issues.

I personally detest this, people and times change even in comic books. We have to let Spiderman grow up, we need to let him settle down start a family and grow old eventually. He's been at it over 15 years (comic time) and over 50 years real time, after 15 years a character needs to have shown more development. It would have been more realistic if they had him and MJ actually get divorced IMO (of course I wanted them to stay together though) because MJs always kind of been a bimbo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.