#1 Posted by MitMan (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone could give me the name of a good Spidey Graphic Novel that would be a good jump on point for this character?

#2 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

People say Ultimate Spider-Man is good for people new to the mythos, but I'm not a fan of Bendis' writing.

#3 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider-Man trade paper backs are good to jump in, it basically starts the Spider-Man mythos over. If you want to get in to the main continuity of Spider-Man I'm not sure if it's out yet but when it is get Spider-Man: The Other (although it might be boring to someone new), and catch up on the latest event Spider-Man was in called Civil War and the Spider-Man civil war tie in.

#4 Posted by PACman (17 posts) - - Show Bio

You could get the Amazing spider-man OMNIBUS which has his first 40 or so appearances, or you can get all of the amazing spider-man line on CD..it's called "40 Years of Amazing Spider-man"

#5 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

i just want to say this, Vine villans rule.

#6 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

You can read the "Spider-Man: Reign" It is very good, although it's not really an entrance point. When you read some Spider-Man books, make sure you read that one.

#7 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Photon says:

"You can read the "Spider-Man: Reign" It is very good, although it's not really an entrance point. When you read some Spider-Man books, make sure you read that one.1"

Ugh. Am I the ONLY person here who HATED Reign?

I agree with above sentiments. You want to jump in all fresh, go with the Ultimate Spidey line. If you want a good place to jump in with the original Spidey, I'd personally start with the 2001 beginning of J. Michael Strazynski's run. He introduces some new characters and concepts to the Spidey mythos, and changes Peter's life forever, but does a decent bit of recapping his history along the way.

#8 Posted by Darkchild (40680 posts) - - Show Bio

god how could u say u hated reign i love every minute of it having pete be old and all the rest of the world having forgotten about him i loved it so much

#9 Posted by Twilight Keyblader (98 posts) - - Show Bio

The "Back in Black" stuff is really good. Peter is back in a black suit and he isn't afraid to kill anymore.

#10 Posted by Iori Yagami (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, Spider-Man kills now? Maybe its worth taking a look at him again; I hated all the mystical stuff with Doctor Strange and Ezekiel.

#11 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"god how could u say u hated reign i love every minute of it having pete be old and all the rest of the world having forgotten about him i loved it so much"

I dislike disjointed story-telling, which Reign had in loads.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.