Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

NEW Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series Trailer

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

A new trailer for the highly-anticipated Ultimate Spider-Man animated TV series has surfaced. Feast your eyes on some fourth wall breakage, wall crawling, sombrero wearing, and Drake Bell-- I mean Spider-Man!

No Caption Provided

This seems to be a very up-beat, fun show, but it will probably step away from the sequential story its predecessor contained. I have made it very clear in the past that Spectacular Spider-Man is my absolute favorite media rendition of my favorite comic book character. Please excuse my skepticism for this show's potential success. Then again, I shouldn't complain since my favorite voice actress, Tara Strong (Powerpuff Girls, Fairly Odd Parents, Ben 10, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic), will be playing Mary Jane Watson. What do you guys think? Are you excited, or are you weary like me?

Ultimate Spider-Man will premiere inside the Marvel Universe block on April 1 at 11:00am ET (9:00am PT) on Disney XD!

Source:Marvel.com

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @Geo_sorathekey

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By ReVamp

Awesome.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I am excited to see this show ,but I hope it is not too kiddy

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cattlebattle
    This show not only looks as if it will be the "Batman: Brave and The Bold" version of a Marvel show...It will also be airing in a block with the Avengers called "Marvel Universe"

For a place that calls themselves the "House of Ideas" they sure don't have many original ones
    WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WildStyle

Glad to see the Heroes For Hire and White Tiger in this. I might actually watch this now.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @sora_thekey: I miss Spectacular Spider-Man :( 
    vicioushero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vicioushero

@cattlebattle said:

This show not only looks as if it will be the "Batman: Brave and The Bold" version of a Marvel show...It will also be airing in a block with the Avengers called "Marvel Universe"

For a place that calls themselves the "House of Ideas" they sure don't have many original ones

As I was watching the trailer I thought it looked like Brave and the Bold too . What I would like to see is an anime version like they recently did with Iron Man and X-Men

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I am excited to see this show ,but I hope it is not too kiddy

This is exactly what I was thinking.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I love the animation, the idea of Nick Fury training Spidey, and that he's still a teenager. Not happy with all of his villains also being based off their Ultimate counterparts (going off of how Venom looked), not sure I'll care for the new Power Man and others like Iron Fist being in the show (I like that they're putting lesser known heroes in the show, I just don't care for them personally). I wish no one had told me Drake Bell was the voice of Spider-Man, I don't think he's a bad voice actor...I just keep picturing him instead of Peter Parker when he talks now... -___-

What I most excited about though is this show being in the same universe as Avengers: EMH! :D

Ultimate Spider-Man
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

LOL at 00:19 where Spideys in a Sombrero thts the sheer reason for me to watch this show x3

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sora_thekey

@spiderbat87: SO DO I!

@War Killer: What makes you think that this show will be in the EMH's universe? O_o

@vicioushero: I just started watching the X-Men anime and I loooove the animation!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey: Well because that image I think pretty much confirms it (unless it's fan art, though it does look like the animation of the show). Not to mention that if the show has Iron Man, Cap, Nick Fury, and Doctor Doom, who all are in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, it would make more sense for Marvel to say that it's one universe than two separate ones...especially when they're calling those time slots the "Marvel Universe". At least, that's how I'm reading into it.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sora_thekey

@War Killer: The costume design for both Cap and Iron Man are different than that of EMH in that image (Not fan-art). That's what made me believe that it would be a separate "universe". Still, it makes sense to make allow some kind of crossover... Especially because of the time slot like you mentioned.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @War Killer: It's not the new Power Man, it's a deaged Luke Cage that dresses like the new one, Iron Fist has also been deaged and the Nova is not Ryder
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey: Their costumes may be slightly different, but not by much when you compare them. They my look slightly different as both Cap and Iron Man are getting new looks for Season 2, but even then it would make more sense for them to both be in the same universe. But we'll just have to wait and see to find out for sure.
    Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Mega_spidey01

this looks awesome reminds me of ferris bueller day off movie with breaking the fourth wall.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sora_thekey

@Mega_spidey01: Reminds me of Lizzie McGuire.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By SpidermanWins

0:19 is the best. This seems kinda hilarious.... I feel like I'd love it. I DECLARE IT A WIN

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.