New to Comics: OMD, BND, AND OMIT=SUPER CONFUSING

#1 Posted by BBoyKnowIdea (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I'm sure this has been discussed a million times I'm sorry, but I need some clarification and I'm just getting back into comic books.

-In OMIT Aunt May still gets shot and Mary Jane and Peter were still "together" in a sense. So essentially, nothing changed just every time Spider-man has said "wife" is now "girlfriend"?

-BUT why doesn't he have his Other powers, especially if EZEKIEL STILL EXISTS, THEREFORE SO DOES MORLUN?

Can someone clarify specifically and detailed if possible, what changed and what didn't.

#2 Posted by Baron_BJ (117 posts) - - Show Bio

With Regards to OMIT - That is exactly the answer we have been given, though it still leaves plotholes.

Peter's loss of his "OTHER" powers has been 100% ignored. We have been given no answers at all.

You're up to date, this entire plot thread has just been handled rather terribly.

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretend they didn't happen and jump on with "Big Time".

Seriously, just save yourself the trouble.

#4 Edited by Amanthine (80 posts) - - Show Bio

You should know that OMD wasn't created to be a great story, it's main purpose was to remove the marriage between Peter and Mary Jane, and that's what it did. The in-universe ramifications are mainly told in OMIT, but the smaller stuff across all the years isn't expanded upon. Subtle shifts in the continuity like the following:

Peter experienced both the events of Disassembled and The Other, he just either never received the powers, or he got them and lost them some time in the new history. The creative teams have left these changes open to exploration, but haven't done any stories for them yet.

By the way, Brand New Day isn't really a story arc, it's just the label they put on the books post-OMD.

#5 Posted by muhabba (288 posts) - - Show Bio

So basicaly you're only as confused as the long term Spidy fans. So basicaly there's no way to answer your question. But hey, good news is you missed Marvel trying to shove new continuity down on you 3 times a month.

#6 Posted by BBoyKnowIdea (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so I'm up to date, just super annoyed he no longer has his Other powers, HE WAS SO BROKEN WHEN HE HAD THEM

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.