New Spidey Suit ?

#1 Posted by Batmanikk (77 posts) - - Show Bio

What do we think about the suit redesign ?

#2 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really a huge fan of it... the texture just looks weird. The suits from Toby Maguire's Spider-Man, though, now that is what I think of when I think of Spider-Man

#3 Posted by tootyghost (139 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like he made the suit with the leather from a basketball

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

It's ok, but Raimi's was perfect.

#5 Posted by The_Tree (7773 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Amazing suit the most, but I still think it could use a bit more red.

#6 Posted by SlackerGuy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

The 77 suite was excatly what it was in the comic, although I seem to remember a big web shooter on one of his wrist. Maybe that was the Japanese version, I can't remember. The raised webs on the Rami suite are annoying, and the new one's pattern is dumb and it's made of a weird rubbery texture. Maybe it'd be cool if Spidey fought electro, bot otherwise, Blah.

#7 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

1977=70s cheesy attempt to make a "realistic" Spidey suit... but its better than what Captain America got (see the Spoony One for that mess for those who don't know)

2002=PERFECTION! The diffinative Spider-Man costume.

2012/Amazing=Both good and bad. What I hate is that the front Spider is way to big, the blue part of the arms goes into an odd spiral thing continuing from the gloves to the FINGERS and those stupid, stupid, STUPID racing stripes down the legs GAWD! But what I do like is the texture and the design which both invokes the great Alex Ross redesign and gives the costume a slight "cossplayer" feel to it, like Peter really did make this costume himself on a budget. I also like the (almost) all blue palms of the gloves and the shoes have kind of grown on me. The game also adds an awsome belt that kind of (not really) also makes up for the stripes on the legs. I mean really costume department? REALLY?...

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34016 posts) - - Show Bio

2002 suit looks goofy as hell

#9 Posted by _Heart_ (200 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new suit, I thought it actually looks pretty cool.

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the new one a lot better plus i think andrew garfiled will be a lot better than toby miguire dount get me wrong i loved the two sam rami spider-man movies (the third one is not real no matter what people tell you) i just think that garfiled will be a better peter parker/spider-man than toby was.

#11 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

A bit too "squary" (not a word, but it works) for my liking, but still not horrendous, that's for sure.

#12 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9205 posts) - - Show Bio

I love to see how the suit has improved so much over the years!

#13 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

None of these suits seem believable to me. I want a suit that looks like it was actually made by a high school student. That doesn't necessarily mean it has to look bad, but raised webs and fancy materials take away from him being a kid. Just make it out of spandex

#14 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the one for the new movie, but I hope they show Peter develop the suit more in the sequels and eventually design it to resemble his classic look more closely.

#15 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

None of these suits seem believable to me. I want a suit that looks like it was actually made by a high school student. That doesn't necessarily mean it has to look bad, but raised webs and fancy materials take away from him being a kid. Just make it out of spandex

Agreed.

#16 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

some very 'intelligent' people say the new one looks more believable. why? the desing is almost the same, but to me it appears more complicated because the web pattern seems to be in the cloth of the suit as opposed to the original which only had it stuck on top of it. and the material ? seriously where does a kid get that basketball skin type cloth?? it aint bad but the web shooters too steanpunk for me.

and perfection is:

Spider-man poster
#17 Posted by Batmanikk (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlackerGuy: The web shooter was actually first introduced in the 60's series as far as im aware

#18 Posted by Batmanikk (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: I like the new suit but I think it could do with less red, the 'lines' on the suit are supposed to look like a web thats the whole point.

But I also think like them all its un realistic . Infact the best one has to be the one he wears against bonesaw !!

#19 Posted by omz2007 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

The new suit is cool but I think it's to complex for a "teen", like him, to make. Still looks awesome though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.