New Spider-Powers

• 61 results
#1 Edited by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Webslinger could have a new ability, gadget, or weapon that would be a new and permanent one on his power set, what would you choose for him to have? Make it related the attributes of spiders in some way. What do some spiders have that Spider-Man could learn from? Think about what Peter Parker already has in his arsenal and see if you can add on to it a spider-like ability you think he could pull off. I, personally, would have him armed with emergency "venom glands" on a gauntlet that could act as a more lethal alternative to webbing and would be controlled in a similar fashion and hold its own surprises for foes.

#2 Posted by pulseangel666 (313 posts) - - Show Bio

He should have his spider-sense back, combined with his new fighting art skills will be leathal. Well a new power, something like the bola spider. The make a long string of web with a stiky ball on the end, this ball have a smell to lure insects in for the spider to eat, and it also works as a lasso. Could be a pretty awsome power.
#3 Posted by Paco T.V. (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer would be a little hard since spider-man isn't supposted to kill and most of my answers relate to lethal weapons, but, maybe I'd think about making him do all web shapes and types that he used to make in the very begining, myabe I'd go on just upgrading his actual abilities, maybe giving him organic web again.
#4 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom blasts like spider woman has.

#5 Posted by UltraHeroix (155 posts) - - Show Bio

tranquilizer darts

#6 Posted by inkBot (105 posts) - - Show Bio

... burrowing?

#7 Posted by Txapote (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Stingers!!!!

#8 Posted by labarith (669 posts) - - Show Bio

Step 1:  Spidersense back. 
Step 2:  New spidertech gadget... artificial stingers w/ some artificial poison/sleeping agent... would work. 
Step 3:  Reveal why he lost his new powers in OMD, and explain why Mephisto manipulated him such that he would do just that.  IE, mystic spider crap for an arc.  He overcomes w/ tech, win.

#9 Posted by tbone1225 (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Paralysis toxin. But here's the kicker. He has to deliver it by biting.

#10 Posted by zombietag (1491 posts) - - Show Bio
@Txapote said:
Stingers!!!!
NOOOOOOOOO
#11 Posted by inkBot (105 posts) - - Show Bio
@tbone1225 said:
Paralysis toxin. But here's the kicker. He has to deliver it by biting.
You mean like SPider-Man 2099 had?
#12 Posted by tbone1225 (210 posts) - - Show Bio
@inkBot: I never followed any of the 2099 stuff. I guess I'm unoriginal. :)
#13 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio
@zombietag said:
@Txapote said:
Stingers!!!!
NOOOOOOOOO
they need to bring those back where he can control them
#14 Posted by cattlebattle (13696 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Girl could repel objects from surfaces hands as well as sticking, Thought it was pretty nifty to have sometimes

#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely get his Spidey Sense back (for reals or artificially) and the Stingers. 

#16 Posted by labarith (669 posts) - - Show Bio

Real spider sense back. 

Having that "get out of jail free" card is pretty useful when written by someone who knows how to write.

#17 Posted by zombietag (1491 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpidermanWins said:
@zombietag said:
@Txapote said:
Stingers!!!!
NOOOOOOOOO
they need to bring those back where he can control them
NOOOOOOOOO
#18 Posted by TheAvenger802 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Spider Sense
2.Organic Web Shooters
3. (Well this is not really to much of a power but) Show more strength.

#19 Posted by CATPANEXE (9265 posts) - - Show Bio

It sounds silly on paper I think, but some form of communication and control over real spiders.

#20 Posted by ScytheClawB (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple. Have you ever played Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions? He made hammers and fists out of webbing, why can't he do that in the comics using new webshooters? Also, i'd really like a new suit, like the Iron Spider suit, except with looking like his normal costume. I mean, nothing like the Iron Man suit, with flying and everything, but like a GPS, an insulator, waldoes, a digital spider-sense, and, to fit with O'Hara, small retractable Talons.

#21 Posted by DarkChris (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Give him back his Spider- Sense and his Other powers, Marvel!

#22 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11766 posts) - - Show Bio

well I like those Poison Darts that Randy Robertson had when he got spider-powers

#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

How about we just keep screwing him over and taking away more of his powers, having him beaten up by knock-offs and overpowering his villains? YAY, MARVEL =D

#24 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Spey sense and stingers.
#25 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
How about we just keep screwing him over and taking away more of his powers, having him beaten up by knock-offs and overpowering his villains? YAY, MARVEL =D

LMMFAO.
#26 Posted by Sissel (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say much but Spider-sense and Stingers will be great.

#27 Posted by fodigg (6155 posts) - - Show Bio

• Well, what are some of the other powers versions of spidey has had?

- Power cosmic 
- Stingers 
- Claws/glider/sight 
- spidey sense 
- kung fu abilities 
- impact webbing 
- various special-use gadgets (e.g., armor)
- various "big time" gadgets (e.g., invisibility suit) 

I think he's had a ton and honestly less is more. Leave him as he is for now and explore his martial arts training. If I had to choose to bring back any of the above, I'd go with impact webbing.

#28 Posted by Deadcool (6762 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his original powers just ike Steve Ditko created them...

#29 Posted by iLLituracy (13495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:
I like his original powers just ike Steve Ditko created them...
#30 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio
@ScytheClawB said:

Simple. Have you ever played Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions? He made hammers and fists out of webbing, why can't he do that in the comics using new webshooters? Also, i'd really like a new suit, like the Iron Spider suit, except with looking like his normal costume. I mean, nothing like the Iron Man suit, with flying and everything, but like a GPS, an insulator, waldoes, a digital spider-sense, and, to fit with O'Hara, small retractable Talons.

That's a great idea
#31 Posted by Overseer (411 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be happy if they just give him back his Spider Sense and Organic webs. Also if he could use the webs similarly to Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time would be great. Beyond that, maybe have him become a little faster and I'll be happy.

#32 Posted by Mesamia (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely bring back the Spider-sense, the stingers were kinda lame to me.

#33 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

he needs a new Spider Mobile....just saying

#34 Edited by Sissel (2035 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superguy0009e said:

he needs a new Spider Mobile....just saying

I lol'd. 

And bring back Organic webbing. It really is a powerful tool of Spidey.
#35 Edited by inkBot (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, I kinda agree. The Spider-Mobile was hilarious.

#36 Posted by ScytheClawB (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I have another idea. Spider-Man, out of all the avengers, is the weakest, so why not give him the ability to lift 25 tons?

#37 Edited by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio
@ScytheClawB said:

I have another idea. Spider-Man, out of all the avengers, is the weakest, so why not give him the ability to lift 25 tons?

Which avengers? That team changes alot. Daredevil was on it lately. Iron Fist and Wolverine are debatable lower in power. Captain America is on a much lower power level. Ronin was lower when he was on the team. Nevertheless he should have his strength level increased but not just to have it taken away like last time.
#38 Edited by Sissel (2035 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by ghostm13 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

camouflage

#40 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

1: He should DEFINITELY get his Spider-Sense back....  Hopefully one of those "bed-bugs" that are causing the spider infestation in Mahattan will bite him and give him his Spider-Sense back...

I like him at the power set he's at... but IF he did get a new power... How about something like a thin exo-skeleton that comes out of his skin at will...  Something to make him more durable.  Either that, or four more arms that come out at will.  Spiders are, after all, arachnid.  They have eight legs...

#41 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

1: He should DEFINITELY get his Spider-Sense back.... Hopefully one of those "bed-bugs" that are causing the spider infestation in Mahattan will bite him and give him his Spider-Sense back... I like him at the power set he's at... but IF he did get a new power... How about something like a thin exo-skeleton that comes out of his skin at will... Something to make him more durable. Either that, or four more arms that come out at will. Spiders are, after all, arachnid. They have eight legs...

that's not a bad idea... though the second part would give me images of Man Spider all over again

#42 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpidermanWins: True enough... but it would be kind of kewl to see him with all those arms while in control of himself... Even if just for a short while. But it would definitely have to be something he could control... Like when he had the scarlet suit Stark made for him..

#43 Posted by MisterParker (83 posts) - - Show Bio

...Retractable extra limbs?

#44 Posted by venomyak (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

i would like to see him embrace the mystic anasi side of his powers more and literally do anything a spider can such as walk on water, paralyze people, and glide in adition to giving him back his totem powers. The retractable arms/exoskeleton idea is pretty cool. As for equipment i'd give him web grenades.

#45 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomyak said:

i would like to see him embrace the mystic anasi side of his powers more and literally do anything a spider can such as walk on water, paralyze people, and glide in adition to giving him back his totem powers. The retractable arms/exoskeleton idea is pretty cool. As for equipment i'd give him web grenades.

praralyzing darts maybe or a bitte like 2099? Grenade idea is cool

#46 Posted by gambitpryde1993 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe chameleon powers like Ultimate Miles Morales.

#47 Posted by venomyak (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

arachnophobia is the most common phobia of all how about the ability to induce paralysis through panic

#48 Posted by UltraHeroix (155 posts) - - Show Bio

How about the power to paralyze or stun an opponents through touch?

#49 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltraHeroix said:

How about the power to paralyze or stun an opponents through touch?

Like Ultimate Spidey Miles Morales? =/ =P

#50 Posted by Strider92 (17008 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread actually made me think lol. Not sure really there's a few ideas they could take out of real Spiders:

-Spiders metabolism work faster than humans so perhaps the ability to react even quicker (almost seeing things in slow motion kinda like the web rush in The Amazing Spider-man game) might be a good one for Spider-man. Your metabolism is based of how much food you eat so to prevent Spider-man trolling that move and using it all the time you could make so that after he's used it he has to eat to regain energy or something along those lines.

-Retractable exo-skeleton would be good as was stated by another guy on this thread.

-I heard somewhere that while female spiders excrete pheromones, male spiders can "hypnotize" their mate to stop themselves getting eaten. You could have some sort of hypnotic effect that could come from Spider-mans eyes either inducing a kind of drowsiness(not putting them to sleep just making the opponent sluggish) or inducing fear.

-When a spider catches prey in its web such as a wasp or a beetle that both have a very strong exo-skeletons the spider still instinctively knows where to bite to get past the defenses. You could give Spider-man the sense to instinctively know the weak spot on an opponent (kinda like Karnak except this actually has a viable reason behind it lol).

-Some tarantulas can release irritating hairs that they release that can cause temporary blindness. Not sure what you could do with that to be honest but just throwing it out there lol.

Apart from that you've got camouflage(but Miles already has that) and claws(but Spidey 2099 has those).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.