Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

New girl

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Shadowsnake89

This topic has probably been done to death but who do you think Spidey should date next?

Amanthine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Amanthine

Mary Jane is happening. He might have some intermediate girl between Carlie and her, but the writers are already alluding to them getting back together.

I'd prefer Ms. Marvel though. The dynamic was interesting enough when it was shown way back, I was disappointed when they decided not to follow through with it.

I'd also wouldn't mind if he got back together with Carlie. I know some aren't fond of her, but from a logical standpoint, it makes perfect sense as the next natural step in Peter's relationships. She was right to be angry, but he had his reasons. Neither of them have had the opportunity to talk it out, and if they did, they'd certainly understand each other.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By Strider1992

Well my top 2 where Ms Marvel or Spider-woman. Its only a matter of time before the one of the writers says to the other lets hook the Spiders up, whether it will be Peter or Kaine is the question. I'm thinking she'd probably get along better with Kaine, he's a lot more serious than Pete.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

Mary Jane for life.

JReed2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JReed2008

Easy answer, Gwen Stacy, the only person he should ever date.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By mewmdude77

@Strider92 said:

Well my top 2 where Ms Marvel or Spider-woman. Its only a matter of time before the one of the writers says to the other lets hook the Spiders up, whether it will be Peter or Kaine is the question. I'm thinking she'd probably get along better with Kaine, he's a lot more serious than Pete.

those are my top two also, I'd say Ms. Marvel is more serious, so she might be better with Kaine, and Spider-Woman with Peter.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@mewmdude77: I don't know a lot about Ms Marvel's personality but wouldn't she be a little bit put off Kaine when she found out he used to be a murdering psychopath? I think Jessica could relate to that as she was manipulated by HYDRA a bit like the Jackel manipulated Kaine, they are both slightly damaged.

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By soccersss

@The Dark Huntress said:

Mary Jane for life.

This.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Daveyo520

Dude, MJ.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darthfury78
    @mewmdude77 said:

Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman are my top two also, I'd say Ms. Marvel is more serious, so she might be better with Kaine, and Spider-Woman with Peter.

I like the dynamic between Ms. Marvel x Spider-Woman towards Spider-Man. However, as long as Slott is writing Spider-Man, it will not happen as far as Spidey dating a superheroine in concerned. The only reason why we haven't seen a further development between Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel is the lack of interest by the writers working on either Spider-Man or The Avengers. But, the She-Hulk could be an interesting tie breaker.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman and Black Cat. Then they could have a show called Spidey's Angels. I'm kidding (kinda) Just let him and mj get back together. Ive overcome the irrational hatred that OMD put in my heart.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strider1992

@Avenging-X-Bolt: To be honest I really thought at one point they where setting up Arachne (Juila Carpenter prior to her becoming Madame Webb) and Spidey. She even admitted she'd considered dating him. Then Grim Hunt came along an threw her out of the running.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By dernman

It will always be Peter and MJ for me but I don't think him and Carly are done just yet.

WillowHallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WillowHallow

@JReed2008 Of course it would be Gwen! They are an amzing couple :)

Amanthine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Amanthine

Ugh... Gwen, like Uncle Ben, should stay dead... That, and never again revisit Sins Past and Remembered.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Strider1992

@Amanthine: Amen to that! Although there is a Gwen Stacy clone running around Europe somewhere, obviously shes going to reappear at some point (unfortunately).

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darthfury78
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman and Black Cat. Then they could have a show called Spidey's Angels. I'm kidding (kinda) Just let him and mj get back together. Ive overcome the irrational hatred that OMD put in my heart.

Besides the Black Cat, Spidey's Angels should include:
    1. She-Hulk
    2. Spider-Woman
    3. Ms. Marvel

However, I think that in the end it would be Mary Jane. Thus, I never saw any benefit of breaking them up in the first place. One to have some of the least exciting women in Peter's in the post OMD era. The date with Ms. Marvel was interesting. Too bad it was never picked up by the current writer of Spider-Man. But I would like to see Spidey's relationship extended to include Jennifer Walters, Jessica Drew, and Silver Sable. On the mutant side, I like to see Psylocke and Mystique.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.