Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

MY view on O.M.I.T(One Moment In Time)

Avatar image for ironspidy_rooney
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney

G-man posted the news about the One Moment In Time picture and me being a huge spidy fan it got me thinking  
       I was very disappointed with the way OMD ended and BND didn't really get going until New Ways to Die and has been good ever since. My view on this is that this will have something to do with whatever MJ whispered to Mephisto. She could still remember the events that had taken place and could try to tell Peter. I think about this because the picture is making a reference to their marriage and possibly back in black or maybe Venom because of the new look Norman Osborn gave him. 
         Also what about the Year Of The Spider pictures we got at the start of January.The pictures that come to mind are the one with Peter, the one with MJ in a wedding dress and the main one being the one with Madam Webb Arana  the black suit spider-man and the Iron Spidy suit Spider-man. 
    The first thing to say here is the Black suit could mean one of two things Venom or a reference to back in black. The Iron Spidy  could be a reference to Civil War or it could be Patrick aka the last surviving M.V.P clone calling himself Scarlet spider. 
    What I think will happen is that though BND changed events in the present it may not have changed all events in the past and Madam Webb may notice this so she recruits Arana,Venom and Patrick because of their slight connection to Spiders to help her uncover what is going on this could involve time travel and something could happen to cause the Before BND and present BND to fold into each other with crazy results and if MJ remembers she could be the key to Madam Webb's plan. With the whole time thing going on we might even see Ben Reilly return which may have been hinted with himself being brought up in ASM before the Gauntlet and with the release of the clone saga in trade and the clone saga story not to long ago. 
        Even though this may/may not happen but both pictures are connectedthe one thing I can't get my head around is the bloody knife cutting into the cake . What I hope however is that this will acknowledge events before OMD by having someone remember or MJ will try to get peter to remember or have Maddem Webb investigate That One Moment In Time.  
    What do you think    

Aspenite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#1  Edited By Aspenite

I only hope that Peter and MJ will be good friends again because they are little bit cold at each other lately. What we saw also on the picture was that Peter kissed a red-head who looked like Carlie, I hope that Peter stays single because the stories are so damn funny when he torn between Black Cat, MJ, Michelle and Carlie.

ENGLENTINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1004

#2  Edited By ENGLENTINE

I was going to say, I thought it was a great song to accompany the Olympics, but I didn't understand the topic

IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney
    @ENGLENTINE: Its not about the song its about the up comming Spider-man event in case you have't been following
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

She could still remember the events that had taken place and could try to tell Peter.

she does, as do a few other characters like Mr.Negative for example. she cant tell him because if she does
    the contract with Mephisto is in remission and May goes back to being dead. the rst actually remember too, except some
    details are left out. like the remember that Spider-Man unmasked but cant remember who he was. this is part of the reason
    Norman was so suddenly able to become so successful. he knew he hated Spider-Man, but couldnt remember he hated Parker,
    which took alot of his focus off of him.

No Caption Provided
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney
    @CATMANEXE: we still don't know the whole part of the deal i.e. what did she whisper to him
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Primmaster64

hmmm I wonder if she still loves him...

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IronSpidy-Rooney: 
    oh i know. that will be the fun part finding out, and seeing what happens next from there.
    and though its been interesting to see him struggle with it, and out of no bias towards the
    storyline which i feel has developed into something rather cool, i kind of cant wait for it to conclude 
    just because its been running for longer than it needed to.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

Peter still had the black suit (I think it was the symbiote, not the thread version) when he and MJ were married. So it could just be that, and not a reference to Spider-man 3 tie in-- I mean Back In Black.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @CATMANEXE: Mister Negative doesn't know who Spider-man is, he just had that serum that would kill him if he inhaled it.....
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney
    @Primmaster64: If she remembers she still could
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Primmaster64
    @IronSpidy-Rooney said:
    " @Primmaster64: If she remembers she still could "
    HMMM I see...well...
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney
    @InnerVenom123: That still could mean that its symbiote related  
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123: 
    i didnt say Mr.Negative know who he was (though thats possible considering he made the poison from samples
    of Peters blood). i said Mephisto's spell did not in fact work on him, and he remembers his previous encounters with him
    (since he does he may actually remember him unmasking) most mystical characters were not affected. nor were those
    who were off world. X-Man would likely know. Bruce Banner appears to as well.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @CATMANEXE: Oh, wow. I didn't even realize that! O_O
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney
    @CATMANEXE: I've just read BND Vol.1 and I think Mr. Negative may be referring  to the first time Spidy battled Overdrive whom was hired by Mr. Negative to steel an artifact and made a video call to Overdrive when Spidy riped the roof off overdrives car Spidy never saw him 
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IronSpidy-Rooney: 
    i think you may be correct that they never met face to face before that moment.
    but the Devils Breath is still in question for me, as upon taking it, in the same issue
    Negative declares that he can know kill Spider-Mans whole family (while this would be because
    it effects anyone with shared genetics, he would need to find them first, and being that he has
    Spider-Mans dna, alls he really needs to do is have a source do a background check for him)

No Caption Provided

overall to the rest of your theory, i dont believe Madame Webb pulled these characters together. it
    would appear that the Kravinoffs did that, using Madame Webb to get them (Maddie Franklin as well).
    for whatever reason they are instrumental to the Kravinoffs final plot. also to point out, " 
    BND changed events in the present it may not have changed all events in the past "
    technically no, the events of history are unchanged as far as can tell, it is just that their is a global mental 
    block that affected many persons, in otherwords memories we're altered not history, just to get on the correct
    track here. everything that happened still happened, which is whats leading to many moments of confusion. 
    so time travel would not be needed since their is nothing to change. Peters memories are actually blocked, so
    whats needed is someone who can unblock them. if i had to guess now i would say that Madame Webb was 
    likely unaffected by the process as well.  

but you hit on the real important question i believe when you said this

@IronSpidy-Rooney said:

" @CATMANEXE: we still don't know the whole part of the deal i.e. what did she whisper to him "

to itterate this in detail for those that need the refresher. the deal Mephisto made with Peter was
     "Enjoy the world as it is for as long as you can...For you only have one more day. You will not consciously remember this bargain, or this moment, or the life you lived to this point. But there will be a very small part of your should that will remember, that will know what you lost - and my joy will be listening to that part of your soul screaming throughout eternity. You have until midnight tomorrow to say yes. At that instant, you will either lose your marriage or your Aunt. Either way, the world you know, the world you care about and have fought so hard to protect...Will be at an end"

but, then Mary Jane to Mephisto
     MJ - "You're going to put his life back as it was. You're going to give him a chance at happiness"
    Mephisto - "And why should I do that?"
    MJ - "Because of what I can offer you"
    Mephisto - "And what pray tell might that be?"

so obviously MJ will have a huge hand in whatever happens. and i think maybe Madame Webb.
    but the larger question is what did MJ offer Mephisto, or better, what could she possibly have that
    he would actually want that much?
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney
    @CATMANEXE:   
    Now that I found the complete picture this will help us a bit 
    So from what we are saying and what this picture is showing us is that Shad,Grim Hunt,a baby being held by robotic hands,The spider people in the corner, what looks like Peter kissing Charlie and Spidy being hurt and taking down The Juggernut will all lead into or have some thing to do with One Moment In Time  
    Another thing is that would Mr. Negative go after peters family since May works for him or could he corrupt her  
    and about the deal MJ made Mephisto says he deals in the currency of misery, loss, despair, hopelessness, pain, regret, and sadness so what could she give him that could fit into one of these 
    these are the questions we need answers to
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmmm? thats Doctor Octopus holding the baby. i didnt catch that before.
    wonder what thats about?

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IronSpidy-Rooney said:

Has to be Lily+Normans baby

theres a way to tie all of this together we just have to find out 

@CATMANEXE said:

i love a good mystery, and yes shun me if you will but
    im even enjoying Hulk for that very reason. i know that puzzle is partially only a preview,
    since Juggernaut is in there, and i somehow think thats more of a self contained story Stern wanted
    to do. my big hangup is on what MJ offered Mephisto? i think thats the key. they could go the route that
    she offers herself, but why would that interest Mephsito? he has way bigger and better things going for him right
    now, like the deal Loki made with him for example. i also just read Grim Hunt last night, and the new Web, which
    put a few more things into perspective as well as far as the Guantlet is concerned.

@IronSpidy-Rooney said:

I wonder what the American son story comming out after Siege will be about and what is Gabriel stacy has to do with it 

@CATMANEXE said:

im not sure, entirely. im excited about that book. i can tell one thing about it though, regardless
    of who will be wearing the costume, the American Son will be returning as a regular character,
    as he is also showing up in the Age Of Heroes mini, which will be to introduce the players in
    Heroic Age.

@IronSpidy-Rooney said:

This could mean that sins past still happened
    It also means that Norman has done the nasty with one of Peters and Harrys girl friends aswell as knock both of them up
    and with all thats happened to Norman over the last two years I'm starting to think his greatest power of all is manipulation 

@CATMANEXE said:

Normans a bastard, no doubt. i cant even count how many outright nefarious things he did from
    Dark Reign on out per issue (which seemed to be every single comic printed, even ones not by Marvel).
    He made Vulcan look like the Pope. lol.

I'm foggy on whats going down in ASon though. I figured Gabriel and the Grey Goblin where sort of obligatory
    to have harry fight a Goblin. There isnt much to either story to work with, so im sort of waiting for it to come out.
    My largest hope is that Harry does indeed keep the American Son alias, and becomes a prolific hero/character
    in the Marvel Universe. I think he deserved to become and stay that a long time ago, and is better than being a supporting
    cast member.

@IronSpidy-Rooney said:

A year ago nobody would have thought that Harry was hero material but after what he did in american son I think that would make him avengers material maybe a secret avenger

@CATMANEXE said:

Ive thought he should be more important for a long time now personally.
    thats why im happy to see it. same goes with Flash Thompson.

@IronSpidy-Rooney said:

Flash lost both his legs it might be a while before anything happens with him 

What reason was given for Harrys revival cant remember 

We also have to think about the bloody knife cutting into the wedding cake they are standing on

@CATMANEXE said:

Flash was looking into getting cybernetic legs last time. he turned it down, but seemed to linger on it.
    I cant remember either.

speaking of, make absolutely sure you watch this. Quesada talks in this interview in depth about O.M.I.T.
    and what the plan the whole time has been for all of this since the start
    http://www.comicvine.com/joe-quesada/26-1537/c2e2-2010-joe-quesada-on-omit-heroic-age/92-538934/#8
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney
    @CATMANEXE: awesome 
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney
    @CATMANEXE: So from what I got from the inter view is that it will bring an end to BND as well as fill in contineuatie (Sorry about the spelling) issues as well 
    That means its going to be like lost because giving us flash backs during the story interesting
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22  Edited By zombietag
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @InnerVenom123: 
    i didnt say Mr.Negative know who he was (though thats possible considering he made the poison from samples
    of Peters blood). i said Mephisto's spell did not in fact work on him, and he remembers his previous encounters with him
    (since he does he may actually remember him unmasking) most mystical characters were not affected. nor were those
    who were off world. X-Man would likely know. Bruce Banner appears to as

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "  

ummm... everybody can remember events previous. OMD never erased everything that happened, it just took everybody's memory of who spider-man was and manipulated memories/events concerning the events that might reveal his identity if remembered
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombietag: 
    i know this. again, another thing i did not say that is being argued with. 
    why would you explain to me what i said to you prior in another thread,
    especially when im not arguing against it here whatsoever?

@IronSpidy-Rooney said:

" @CATMANEXE: So from what I got from the inter view is that it will bring an end to BND as well as fill in contineuatie (Sorry about the spelling) issues as well That means its going to be like lost because giving us flash backs during the story interesting "

got the same here. it seemed as if Joe basically said he wouldnt be the dominant force of the stories so it was wrapping up with 
    O.M.I.T. likewise thats cool, its been a good run but id like to see things move foreward. but much like with Red Hulk, that only leaves little 
    time to get our final bets on the table, and i'm absolutely empty handed as far as to what MJ promised him, which makes it real hard to decide the turnout.
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney
    @CATMANEXE: I read what you said about Spidys powers your saying he still has the stingers and the organic webing but just doesnt remember he has them 
    This gives us new questions to answer  
    If nobody can remember anything what will happen when all of this is over will every body remember who Peter is? will May remember getting shot?  if she got shot? Could all the events that were omitted from everybody's mind have a toll on somebody even Peter when they return? Was there more omitted than we know about?  
    Think about it  
    on a side note see how I used OMITTED this could be what Quesada  is talking about when he says he is using OMIT as a word
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@CATMANEXE: wait, did kraven II kidnap arana or mattie franklin??
    E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

I hope they stop this bnd, omit crap. Just have Peter retcon the whole thing out of existence. Use Doctor Voodoo, or Strange, or the people that gave spidey his powers in the first place. It's a much better story when Peter has to deal with regret and loss, and Aunt May dyeing would've been a much better story than him going back to college, and dealing with girl problems. Anyone who wants to read those tired stories can pick up the essentials line, or re-prints. There was no need to go back, other than to fulfill Joe Quesada's agenda. Let's be done with it already and get this book moving forward again.

stillem39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By stillem39

I'm just curious as to what Peter remembers as far as the deal goes.  I mean I know he doesn't remember Aunt May getting shot or the whole Mephisto thing, but I remember a few issues back (can't remember the specific one)  Spidey and the Fantastic Four were on some adventure and Johhny got all mad at him cause they couldn't remember who he was under the mask.  Then eventually Peter explains that when he shows them his face they'll all remember who he was again.  So obviously he knows that, for whatever reason, no one knows his identity anymore, but how?  Unless they explained that somewhere and I just missed it.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Primmaster64
    @E.I.S.A.M. said:
    " I hope they stop this bnd, omit crap. Just have Peter retcon the whole thing out of existence. Use Doctor Voodoo, or Strange, or the people that gave spidey his powers in the first place. It's a much better story when Peter has to deal with regret and loss, and Aunt May dyeing would've been a much better story than him going back to college, and dealing with girl problems. Anyone who wants to read those tired stories can pick up the essentials line, or re-prints. There was no need to go back, other than to fulfill Joe Quesada's agenda. Let's be done with it already and get this book moving forward again. "
    True
    nimbus003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nimbus003

I have not read a Spider-man comic in so long. I only see him when I read Avengers titles now. After reading this thread I do not think the Spider-man books have moved beyond OMD, or will anytime soon. I also wish they would just get past all this some how.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.