Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17245 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Miguel is superior

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Edited By DATNIGGA

.... it makes sense....

No Caption Provided

1) Superior spidey has claws

2) Superior spidey has no problems with doing things in an unspiderman like type of way (scratching your face off)

3) his eyes lenses have changed....

No Caption Provided

1) spidey 2009 also has claws

2) hes been known to scratch people up pretty badly, bite them,

3) he has genius-level intelligence Superior to peters

4) his eyes are messed up so.. he would need some lenses...

its looking kinda obvious now really...

there are so many similarity's plus when you look at Dan Slotts twitter tweet... well he kinda spoils it

http://blog.newsarama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ssmtweet.jpg

Yeah... so I think its safe to say its O hara... Though I personally like his 2099 suit better...

what do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Damn, it looks like you're right. I like Miguel but I maintain it should be Peter. I'll just have to cling to the hope that Dan Slott tweeted that to make us think that it won't be Peter.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DATNIGGA

@guttridgeb: I like peter.. cause no matter how cool no one can ever beat the original

Spiderman > Spidermen

Hulk > rulk

wolverine > dakken & x 23

iron man > war machine

superman > mr majestic, sentry, gladiator, Hyperion ect....

I'll give o hara a chance though but there gonna have to bring parker back eventually Cause aside from the main story im gonna miss his jokes

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i'm ok with miguel o' hara he was awesome in the spider-man games.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ChaosMarvel

Yeah it probably is Miguel. This theory came up 2 weeks ago though:

@Strider92 said:

I actually think it may be O'Hara despite my joking. If we look at what we've been given:

• Not Peter Parker in the suit
    • Retractable Claws
    • Laxed Morals
    • Experience Being a Hero
    • Smarter than Peter
    • Something Wrong with his eyes

We all know Miguel has claws:

We know Miguel has very laxed Morals he's killed numerous villains. He killed his universes Vulture. He also has experience using his abilities which also fits what has been stated. Miguel is also a geneticist and although he hasn't got a ton of feats he is incredibly intelligent and uses this on a daily basis so I guess it isn't a push to say he might be smarter than Parker.

And last but not least:

Dan Slott: We’ve already got a cover out by Humberto that really highlights some of the new changes to the costume and the new look for this Spider-Man. Since the days of the Joe Quesada teaser for Marvel NOW!, we really haven’t seen that much of Spidey because he’s doubled over. All you can really tell is something’s wrong with his eyes; something was weird with the eyes— what’s going on? But we’ll see more as the days get closer.

For those of you who didn't follow 2099 Miguel has enhanced vision and senses as a result of this his eyes are srsly screwed up (as you can see above and in this picture):

He has to wear sunglasses to stop his eyes being hurt by the sunlight as they are very sensitive. What if those new weird lenses the Superior Spider-man has are to stop the sun hurting Miguel's eyes? I admit this is a longshot but the pieces do sort of fit.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

Think I get to scream out "called it" yet? Or do i need to wait until January lol!

I'd be happy if it is Miguel. I loved 2099!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By fodigg

I would, of course, love this. But I'm trying to reign in my enthusiasm until it's confirmed.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By cameron83

@fodigg: 2099 costume is better

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strider1992

@TheAcidSkull: I want to stick with it too but it just seems less and less likely. If it is a regenerated Peter for example it seems kind of weird to give him Miguels powers.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By fodigg

@cameron83 said:

@fodigg: 2099 costume is better

Oh naturally. It is best.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Twentyfive

It would be awesome if he returns. I think Parker fans won't be happy though (myself excluded).

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmashBrawler

I feel like this makes way too much sense...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By danhimself

my brother and I had a conversation about this the other day and came to a possible conclusion.....in the original 2099 timeline it was repeatedly stated that Spider-man (Peter Parker) played a huge role in the then mythical Heroic Age and the battle that ended it and saw the disappearance of most of the heroes of the Heroic Age....but lots of the details of what actually happened weren't known....let's say that something happens in Amazing Spider-man #700 where Peter and Miguel switch places in time...Peter is transported to 2099 and Miguel is trapped in the present where only knowing minor details of Peter's life tries his best to keep history on track such as adopting the Spider-man identity, a very similar costume, his ties to the Avengers, and most importantly his legendary relationship with Mary Jane until the time when Peter Parker and Miguel can make the switch again and Peter can resume his identity as Spider-man

Avatar image for kevin_carrera_714
    kevin_carrera_714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope they bring back Peter anytime later. It would suck if he actually dies or whatever, and he returns like a year later. I would say let him be gone for a while, and then let him return properly.

The idea of having a more aggressive Spider-man sounds good, but I believe that it would take time for some of the fans to get used to the new Spidey.

I truly hope Peter returns sometime in the future,heroes from both Marvel and DC have died and returned. People have grown into the character of Spiderman as Peter Parker, and even though we change Spidey, we do hope to see him web slingin sometime in the future

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Mega_spidey01: he really was I loved when he fough anti venom hes like ''You can cure me bro''

@ChaosMarvel said:

Yeah it probably is Miguel. This theory came up 2 weeks ago though:

@Strider92 said:

I actually think it may be O'Hara despite my joking. If we look at what we've been given:

• Not Peter Parker in the suit
    • Retractable Claws
    • Laxed Morals
    • Experience Being a Hero
    • Smarter than Peter
    • Something Wrong with his eyes

We all know Miguel has claws:

We know Miguel has very laxed Morals he's killed numerous villains. He killed his universes Vulture. He also has experience using his abilities which also fits what has been stated. Miguel is also a geneticist and although he hasn't got a ton of feats he is incredibly intelligent and uses this on a daily basis so I guess it isn't a push to say he might be smarter than Parker.

And last but not least:

Dan Slott: We’ve already got a cover out by Humberto that really highlights some of the new changes to the costume and the new look for this Spider-Man. Since the days of the Joe Quesada teaser for Marvel NOW!, we really haven’t seen that much of Spidey because he’s doubled over. All you can really tell is something’s wrong with his eyes; something was weird with the eyes— what’s going on? But we’ll see more as the days get closer.

For those of you who didn't follow 2099 Miguel has enhanced vision and senses as a result of this his eyes are srsly screwed up (as you can see above and in this picture):

He has to wear sunglasses to stop his eyes being hurt by the sunlight as they are very sensitive. What if those new weird lenses the Superior Spider-man has are to stop the sun hurting Miguel's eyes? I admit this is a longshot but the pieces do sort of fit.

See... its just makes so much sense

@danhimself said:

my brother and I had a conversation about this the other day and came to a possible conclusion.....in the original 2099 timeline it was repeatedly stated that Spider-man (Peter Parker) played a huge role in the then mythical Heroic Age and the battle that ended it and saw the disappearance of most of the heroes of the Heroic Age....but lots of the details of what actually happened weren't known....let's say that something happens in Amazing Spider-man #700 where Peter and Miguel switch places in time...Peter is transported to 2099 and Miguel is trapped in the present where only knowing minor details of Peter's life tries his best to keep history on track such as adopting the Spider-man identity, a very similar costume, his ties to the Avengers, and most importantly his legendary relationship with Mary Jane until the time when Peter Parker and Miguel can make the switch again and Peter can resume his identity as Spider-man

This makes alot of sense I won't be surprised if this is how it goes. altho making out with MJ might be hard with poisons fangs lol

@kevin_carrera_714: eventually they always bring back the original character

ben Reilly replaced pete for awhile like bucky did for cap but eventually the originals come back into things

of course i dont really see the point of having kane around if Miguel is here we don't need two tough spidermen

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: Not yet. Nothing's been confirmed after all. It could very easily be Peter as it could be Miguel. Slott's hidden the truth within a lot of red herrings. We just don't know what the red herrings are. But Miguel is a very likely possibility.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lamenoire

Even if we could assume Miguel is smarter since he comes from the future, I think he would be pretty lost if he was stuck into the past. He wouldn't know how the modern world works.

he would risk to change his owl life every time he saves someone (or nearly kills someone).

If it is Miguel, I hope the story bringing him into our era is very good. But i Frankly don't see it happening

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By PunyParker

Ι still want Pete.....

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strider1992

@Lamenoire said:

Even if we could assume Miguel is smarter since he comes from the future, I think he would be pretty lost if he was stuck into the past. He wouldn't know how the modern world works.

he would risk to change his owl life every time he saves someone (or nearly kills someone).

If it is Miguel, I hope the story bringing him into our era is very good. But i Frankly don't see it happening

When O'Hara was sent to the past in "Spider-man Meets Spider-man 2099" Miguel wakes up in bed next to MJ and completely flips out. He even unmasked himself in front of JJJ and was ready to beat the crap out of him for all the things he published about Peter in the past.

So yeah its safe to say he would have a hard time functioning in normal 616.

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shadowsnake89

I seriously hope it is Miguel. He is #1 person on my list i would be cool with replacing Peter.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By htb106

I sort of wanted it to be someone else but I did sort of expect this...

For some reason I wanted it to be Harry Osborne...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#23  Edited By Teerack

I'd laugh if the sales hit is to big and they come out with a new Amazing Spider-Man 701 next year like they did with the Fantastic Four.

sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By sammystorm75

I love miguel but i don't think he is number 1 this is my list

-Peter Parker (earth 616)

-Miguel

-Ultimate(original)

-Noir

Spiderman Shattered Dimensions
    Spiderman 2099 Shattered Dimensions
    Spiderman 2099 Shattered Dimensions

the rest i don't think so the others have never lived up to the limits of these 4 superior spider men these ones are one of the best spider men their are the others have been have died or are not good enough.

BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BigMaraSpence

If Miguel is were to be pretending to be the modern SM, wouldn't he have to pretend to be Parker as well (assuming Parker doesn't die in 700)? He could obviously take care of the super hero bit, but I find that his social paradigm would be harder for him. Working at Horizon Labs, talking to May, obviously he is in a relationship with MJ, etc.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SandMan_

How did he end in the past then?

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lamenoire

Well, I just read Spidey 2099 meets Spidey. I doubt marvel could use "Parker is sent to the future while O'Hara is in the past" again...

However I wonder if the cataclysm (FUJIKAWA using a device to tap an alternate source of power that lead to the disapearance of every hero, starting with spidey) hasn't only be delayed and it is what Peter did with his Parker particles a few issues ago (Alpha)

yeah, he is completly lost. Which seems normal. i would be a wreck if I was sent 87 years into the past

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DATNIGGA

@htb106: interesting... what is harry doing these days anyway?

@BigMaraSpence: I Doubt he would have to be parker seeing as how the only ones who know that its parker under there is mj & the avengers...

Cap might want an explanation... unless of course he gets killed in the manner that the ultimate spiderman did where everyone remembers peter as the hero

@SandMan_: dunno but this is comics so... who knows someone could have built a machine

@Lamenoire: What I loved about that issue was venom vs 2099 That was fun. but yeah this whole thing about Parker particles has something to do with it... the alpha story wasnt just about alpha there was a reason for all of that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.