Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Mayor Jameson.How?

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Shadowsnake89

I try to keep up with Amazing Spiderman s often as I can and I know this was a while ago but i'm just curious how Jameson won the election when Martin Li, Mr.Hollister and Matt Murdock were in the running.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By -Eclipse-

I think Spider-man himself put it best... He left on an adventure to the Macroverse with the F4, which ended up making it so Pete missed out on like... Two months of his life? I think it was two... And during this time, New York, in a fit of group insanity, voted JJ as mayor. 

Hollister was pretty much out of the running as soon as it was revealed that his daughter was... 

And I don't think Matt was ever actually in the running, that was just a rumour. So it was really between Li and Jameson, and somehow, possibly because JJ had more experience winning over the public (what with running the Bugle for so long) JJ won. Plus, it was a better idea to give Jameson a role like that so his character wouldn't fade away, rather than letting a super-villain become mayor :P 

If I had my issues at hand I'd be able to answer better, but I'm going from memory alone here, lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.