Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Maximum Carnage=Spider-Man's Dark Knight?

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AllNewOverseer

Out of all the Spider-Man stories out there, could an adaption of Maximum Carnage be the one that best choice a Spider-Man's equivolent of "The Dark Knight"? Just thinking here.
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By Dracade102

Probably, yes.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Andferne

I don't see the connection between the two. In fact I see more opposing sides.

I would see Kraven's last Hunt closer to a Dark Knight feel than Maximum Carnage.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    I don't see a connection either.
    Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

Hell no. Maximum Carnage sucked. If anything, I would say Kraven's Last Hunt.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Caligula
    @TheGoldenOne said:
    I don't see a connection either.
    AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AllNewOverseer

@JoseDRiveraTCR7
    I don't see the connection between Kraven's Last Hunt and Dark Knight. I thought that Last Hunt was more about Kraven then Spidey, which was good. However the focas seems a bit more on Kraven then the hero Spidey. No matter how good Heath Ledger's preformance was in the Dark Knight the focas is mostly on Batman. KRAVEN'S Last Hunt doesn't seem to be a hero's struggle with a dark unpredictable force but rather a story of Kraven regaining all that he had lost and setting out to do what he wanted to do from day one: prove himself superior to Spider-Man. This is Kraven's story, not Spidey's.

I was also speaking of an altered/adapted version of Maximum Carnage, since the original story has a mixed reception. Same basic idea of Carnage and a group of psychos going around stirring up chaos as Spidey, Venom and a team of heroes try to stop them but modified, correcting the original comic's mistakes and going in a slightly diffrent direction.

The connection that I see  is that Maximum Carnage is mostly a story about heroes facing a chaotic force that always seems one step ahead of the heroes, the tension building as the body count rises and the heroes fight one another while the villains continue their rampage, pushing the heroes to the if not over the edge. Also there is an undercurrent of the light hearted Silver Age facing against the Darker and Edgier 90's with the Silver Age proving the superior.

This may just be me and my blender of a brain coming up with wierd connections but that's my take. Maybe that explanation of my POV will clear up any confusion of what I mean.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TDK_1997

I don't see a conection

Avatar image for rosencrantz_guildenstern
    Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maximum Carnage was interesting, but it was just a flashy eye candy rather than a strory with substance, just like Spirits of Venom ( the fight scene in Cletus's orphanage was cool, though). I for one would choose The Child Within and the death of Harry Osborn, one of the very few comic book deaths that I can still take seriously.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AllNewOverseer

@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern
    What's the Child Within? Never heard of it.

Now that I think about it, The Death of Harry Osborn does make a good Spider-Man: Dark Knight story.

Avatar image for rosencrantz_guildenstern
    Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey man, sorry for the late answer. The Child Within is basically Spectacular Spider-Man #178-184, with J.M. DeMatteis's debut in the comic and also reintroducing Harry has Green Goblin as well as having Vermin in it. 

I also thought that Power and Repsonsibility\Ben Reilly arc ( was pretty awesome, even though it was a direct prequel to all the Maximum Clonage garbage. Judas Traveller was pretty cool.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

No...

Back in Black would be better for a TDK esque story.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By SpidermanWins
    @Andferne said:
    I don't see the connection between the two. In fact I see more opposing sides. I would see Kraven's last Hunt closer to a Dark Knight feel than Maximum Carnage.
    Aye
    mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mewmdude77
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    No...  Back in Black would be better for a TDK esque story.
    this right here^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.