Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Marvel/Disney Announce Second Season of 'Ultimate Spider-Man'

• 140 results
    Planewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Planewalker

Stop watching after 5 eps finally realized that the show is not going anywhere. First time I saw thought was kinda funny, but it got old soon... crap show

dreb101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By dreb101

Avengers and this sucks I miss wolverine and the xmen Why couldnt that get another season

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Inverno

@dreb101 said:

Avengers and this sucks I miss wolverine and the xmen Why couldnt that get another season

That is right! I missed Wolverine and the X-Men too.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By CrimsonCake

Worst Case scenario:Ultimate Spider-man gets renewed for a 3rd season.

Howard the Duck gets his own talk show

Deadpool appears on ultimate spider-man as a moronic incompetent mercenary who is in no way similar to his comic book counterpart.

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By RalfvdH

... this is going be like the Wolverine/ Spider-man body swap story... ain't it....

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#56  Edited By x_29

@haydenclaireheroes: Shows like these tend to become better after its first season just like the teen titans cartoon.

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57  Edited By Comiclove5

@Mega_spidey01 said:

i told ya USM was coming back for a second season. i think marvel is losing it.

I think they are way past losing it, they lost it a while ago.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude
    Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

I am going to take a piss at Marvel studios and Magic Kingdom, all right?

FuZySLiPeRz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By FuZySLiPeRz

The guys who are bashing this show are only the butt hurt hipsters who are salty that the spectacular spider man show was cancelled. I know this because I was one of you who wasnt willing to give the show a chance with no good reason until I decided to just deal with it for the love of the character, causing me to realize the show is actually awesome.. I'm going to ask everyone this, give me one good reason why you don't like the show?

Ultimate Spider Man is great. Phenomenal animation, intense and epic battles, the comedy can get a little silly at times but its still pretty damn funny, interesting character appearances/ cameos and with a great writing staff. Stop being a bunch of whiny banwagoning haters and stop bashing a great tv show.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By KRYPTON

i am sure that wolverine is part of season 1 and not 2, it hasn't aired yet.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Dedpool

Okay Why is he wearing that outfit first of all? And second why does it look so bad there? I mean really! I like the show and all but it definitely could be better.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#63  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @FuZySLiPeRz said:

give me one good reason why you don't like the show?

The show tries too hard to be funny...
    GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By GBrutality

see, this is where it just shows that they're being greedy, money-hungry monsters. they didn't continue any of the actual great series' that they've had over the past years (seriously, at one point it looked like marvel was making a strong comeback) mainly because they had to work with companies out of house. now that they have their own studio with disney as a backer, they're going to renew kiddie, awful, unintelligent, positively grating cartoons. this show is an abomination.

wolverine and the x-men was terrific with the cast and alternate story-telling they had made it always a treat.

spectacular spider-man was the right blend of the regular and ultimate line combined with a spider-man you really felt that you got, a pretty good supporting cast, and constantly entertaining villain arcs.

now that EMH is soon to be gone and i've a couple episodes earlier than they air in America and the roster just gets better.

it's a shame. you know they're going to somehow really lame up the new avengers toon by making captain america have to work undercover as a telemarketer or something along the lines just for "laughs"

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ravisher

@Cafeterialoca said:

@BoyWander: Hulks, Agent of Smash is reality TV style, where each member talks to the camera. Yeah, it'll suck.

omg

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ectoborge

@n25philly said:

lol, Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spiderman, and Avengers: EMH all get cancelled early and this lives on. Either Marvel Animation is run by evil masterminds or there are a lot of people into crappy cartoons.

Yeah Spectacular Spiderman was a work of art

NyxEquitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By NyxEquitis

@venomoushatred1001 said:

OOOOOOOOH, OKAY!!!! I see how it is! So we can have another season of this crappy show that nobody wants, BUT WE CAN'T HAVE ANOTHER SEASON OF AVENGERS!?!?! Makes sense.

Quoted for 1000% truth/sarcasm...

On the other hand, it is Marvel, so...keep that in mind.

EDIT: @LoganRogue24: Yes.

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ectoborge
    No Caption Provided

It's like their only knowledge of the Spiderman universe was based off of the 60's Spiderman MEMES

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Destinyhero20

Do Marvel enjoy getting beat by DC in animation?

Sek0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Sek0n

Didn't even know this existed. O.o

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@Sek0n: And I advice you to keep ignoring it!

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#72  Edited By RedOwl_1

This is gonna be so stupid/bad, that will be funny :D (I mean they are so silly that they make laugh.... of course I end laughing of them not with them)

@CrimsonCake said:

Worst Case scenario:Ultimate Spider-man gets renewed for a 3rd season.

Howard the Duck gets his own talk show

Deadpool appears on ultimate spider-man as a moronic incompetent mercenary who is in no way similar to his comic book counterpart.

Or even worse: gets a sequel movie D:

@Destinyhero20 said:

Do Marvel enjoy getting beat by DC in animation?

Looks like, we have Young Justice and Green Lantern in a side and Ultimate Spiderman and cancelled AEMH. Yeah when talking about cartoons DC rules :D

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Destinyhero20

@FuZySLiPeRz said:

The guys who are bashing this show are only the butt hurt hipsters who are salty that the spectacular spider man show was cancelled. I know this because I was one of you who wasnt willing to give the show a chance with no good reason until I decided to just deal with it for the love of the character, causing me to realize the show is actually awesome.. I'm going to ask everyone this, give me one good reason why you don't like the show?

Ultimate Spider Man is great. Phenomenal animation, intense and epic battles, the comedy can get a little silly at times but its still pretty damn funny, interesting character appearances/ cameos and with a great writing staff. Stop being a bunch of whiny banwagoning haters and stop bashing a great tv show.

No, I not butt hurt. I give this show three episodes to impressed me and it fail (the fourth wall jokes was annoying, I couldn't take it) Spider-man really act like Generator Rex (that bug me). So yeah, this show isn't that good, but if you like it then more power to you

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#74  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

Hmm lot of anger about Ultimate Spider-Man, does nobody think part of the reason Avengers got cancelled is so that it can be revamped and merged into the Ultimate Spider-Man universe thereby making it more like Ultimate Spider-Man? I'd be more worried about the new Avengers being dumbed down.

Azrael66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Azrael66

Fail Spider-man is fail. Thanks, Loeb, for putting Marvel animation back 20 years.

Ramier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Ramier

darn it looks more more like AEMH is coming to an end. The season went mega insane with episodes 13-18 were super epic.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@pikahyper said:

Hmm lot of anger about Ultimate Spider-Man, does nobody think part of the reason Avengers got cancelled is so that it can be revamped and merged into the Ultimate Spider-Man universe thereby making it more like Ultimate Spider-Man? I'd be more worried about the new Avengers being dumbed down.

Oh, it will be. It's the movie team with Falcon. That screams riding the coattails.

Say goodbye to all the Pyms, Black Panther and all that other cool stuff EMH had, say hello to episodes where Loki stealing from banks and Cap, Thor, Hulk and Iron Man save the day (Loeb believes those four are the only Avengers worth caring about. He actually has said that too!)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By danhimself

@pikahyper said:

dude if it's going to be more like Ultimate Spider-man then it is getting extremely dumbed down

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@FuZySLiPeRz said:

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!

1) Spectacular Spider-Man was made by true to heart Spider-Man fans who cared about his lore. Ultimate Spider-Man is made by pranksters who don't get the character and think Spider-Man means "Constant wisecracker".

2) Epic battles? Really? The first fight was a FOOD FIGHT. Watch Spectacular Spider-Man's fights. Those were epic. And intense? How can they be intense when Spider-Man PAUSES the fight to talk to you about how clever he thinks he is!

3) The show is painfully unfunny. Spider-Man's humor comes from him mocking the villain, not elbowing you in the stomach saying "Ain't that right?" He's acting more like Deadpool than Spider-Man.

4) It looks kinda nice, but it's very limited. Look at how dull the backgrounds are in the show. It makes all the characters floating in empty rooms.

5) Interesting character appearances? We're just revisiting most of the characters we've already seen. Also, Venom is probably the worst form of Venom ever!

6) Why is this show ignoring Spider-Man's actual cast? Aunt May and JJJ never show up! In fact, JJJ, being voiced by JK Simons is WASTED on this show because he's given nothing to do! This whole show is to promote the whole "SHIELD, RAH RAH RAH!" Atmosphere the Avengers movie keeps shoving down our throats.

7) This show is going nowhere. We spent a WHOLE EPISODE with Peter Parker being sick and trying to confront Venom Harry. What's the payoff? Not that the sickness defeats Venom, which one might expect. Not that Harry finds out Pete is Spider-Man, which should have have happened because he saw that Pete was sick as well as Spider-Man, no, the pay off is "THE OTHER TEAMMATES GET SICK! LOL!" It's incompetent. The writers just don't know any clever tricks and resorted to a complete non-sequeitor and no payoff.

8) There are no subplots. The show runs off bare minimum plots. Practically no one gets story development. The show disguises its lack of content with the Family Guy style cut aways.

9) They could be doing so much more. Why not show the newer Spider-Man rogue's gallery? Why not show Thunderbolts in the first animated appearance? New Warriors? Young Avengers? RUNAWAYS?! Instead we're beating around the same faces we always see in cartoon show. Wolverine again? Yippee. I can't wait til Cap shows up and they fight Red Skull again....ZZZZZZZZZ

10) "FOOD FIGHT! XDDDD" This show's humor is only made to appeal to the LOL Cat demographic. Just shout crazy inane things, and they will post it all over Tumblr. That doesn't make it a good show at all.

I just gave you 10 very good reasons why this show isn't as good as you say it is. I could probably go for another ten easily.

Apothecary2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Apothecary2

@leokearon said:

Wolverine gets his claws stuck in a wall, that is so funny, with super funny scenes like this it's no wonder this is getting a sceond second and EMH got cancelled.

That is peter in wolverines body not wolverine himself.

Apothecary2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Apothecary2

@CircularLogic said:

Yeah, because Wolverines century of physical perfection and metal that can cut through anything = wacky wall hijinks.

If they really want to call this show Ultimate Spider-man, they should include the story arc where Logan tries to bang Mary Jane in Peter's body. THAT I'll watch.

That is what the episode is based on only replace Jean Grey with Mesmero. Bendis even wrote the episode. Wolverine kicks Flash's @$$ and gets real cuddly with MJ.

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ThePhoenX

@hectorsquall:@KRYPTON : @ectoborge: It seems to be the episode called "Freaky".

Here's the plot :"In a clash with the mutant supervillain Mesmero, Spider-Man and X-Man Wolverine switch bodies." Source Wikipedia.

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83  Edited By Suprman

@Cafeterialoca: Every item you have listed is opinion and not fact. The main reason it's staying on the air is because people like you are still watching it just to say how much it sucks. If you don't like the show, turn it off. It's that simple.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#84  Edited By Icon

Uh! I really do not like this show. To each their own I guess.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#85  Edited By Strider1992

They should have canceled Ultimate Spider-man and made the new series in the Avengers EMH-verse instead of the other way around.....

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@Suprman: Most of those are facts, like J.K. Simones being wasted. And I don't even get the network.

And, might I add, the show defeats the need of many Spider-Man elements. With Coulson as principle, Spider-Man CAN'T be late! He has a get out of jail free card with Aunt May, who, GASP, isn't there at all! That defeats a huge part of Spider-Man if he doesn't need responsibility for his personal life!

And the villains are just there. How many shows give us reasons for the villain's existence? Show how they are create? This show? Just a quick recap who they are, and vague reasons to do bad things. What was Living Laser's plan anyway? He was just jumping around! There's no reason to get invested and won't be if Jeph Loeb continues his "I don't think kids like shows with story arcs (even though LEgend of Korra is kicking our butts!), so that's why there's no story arcs anymore!"

The show is seriously awful! I watched to see if it gets better, but it's just the Bendis generation patting themselves on the back because they put the big 6 into the show. (Big six = Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk).

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@Cafeterialoca: As soon as they introduced Luke Cage and Iron Fist in Avengers I knew one of the two shows would get cancelled, regular comic fans understand different universes and all that but kids don't they see similar characters with the same name and assume they are the same characters and its confusing, as much as I loved that episode of Avengers they shouldn't have done it, writing on the wall and all that.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@danhimself: well I don't think they'll dumb it down to the same level as Ultimate Spider-Man, since they are making it more like the movie and it has to be accessible using the same characters/costumes as the movie it will have to stay a little more serious otherwise it will be like day and night comparing the cartoon to the movie in kids heads. If they do dumb it down to the same level they are morons and should have left Avengers alone and just made it so Marvel Super Hero Squad was back to back with Ultimate Spider-Man cause those would go together well but of course SHS tanked.

DoctorTrips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#89  Edited By DoctorTrips

While I haven't seen that many episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man (and have seen all the episodes of Spectacular) I will say that it does have some really good bits. Honestly I prefer the animation style of Ultimate over Spectacular, nothing against SSM but the animation there really didn't click with me and looked way off. Ultimate also made some really good voice acting choices in my opinion; I really dug Adrian Pasdar as Iron Man, JK Simmons back as J. Jonah Jameson was also fantastic, I do like Clark Gregg being Agent Coulson here as well.

But I will say there are some things that they should cut back on with Ultimate, such as seeing Spidey's jokes - it'd be better just to leave them as wisecracks and not cut away from the action to show us what he's talking about. The whole notion of Spider-Man being part of a SHIELD team of teen superheroes isn't that appealing either; the fun of watching Spider-Man is seeing how he overcomes daunting obstacles on his own (with help sometimes) and the fact that he's a teen just makes him more relatable to the target audience. That's something Spectacular did really well. It also showed us Peter's life in high school and his evolving romance with Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy. It really made us care about Spider-Man and his friends which is something that Ultimate (and even the films) doesn't do to a proper extent.

Overall, yes Spectacular Spider-Man was the superior show and it is a true shame it didn't go on, but if they did take a few notes from it, Ultimate Spider-Man could actually become a show that has a real heart. The show doesn't make me angry, it's just there - we'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#90  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@Azrael66 said:

Fail Spider-man is fail. Thanks, Loeb, for putting Marvel animation back 20 years.

This

manofiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By manofiron

why doesn't Avengers get a second season wth??

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#92  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I wasn't even aware there was a first season? I guess i'm just really oblivious :/

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@pikahyper said:

@Cafeterialoca: As soon as they introduced Luke Cage and Iron Fist in Avengers I knew one of the two shows would get cancelled, regular comic fans understand different universes and all that but kids don't they see similar characters with the same name and assume they are the same characters and its confusing, as much as I loved that episode of Avengers they shouldn't have done it, writing on the wall and all that.

That wasn't the reason at all! The reason EMH's is being canceled is either because it's more expensive to make the show past season 2, or Jeph Loeb doesn't like EMH.

This man has said that 1) There should be no more story arcs, because, as he says, if a kid misses an episode, they're going to stop watching cause they can't keep up. (Which is crap.)

2) He wants EMH to specifically focus on Thor, Cap, Iron Man and Hulk and forced the last 13 episodes to do that. Which creates possibly one of the most boring episodes ever, Powerless.

If you think the Luke Cage and Iron Fist is the reason EMH's got canceled, you're wrong. That show's second season was delayed almost a year so they can air it next to Ultimate Spider-Man. Jeph Loeb hates EMH. Just watch any interviews where he's talking about the Marvel Universe block. He GUSHES over Ultimate Spider-Man, but says next to nothing about EMH's. The man is the Micheal Bay of comics!

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#94  Edited By X35

*cries*

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By difficlus

I Love this show!!!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By cattlebattle
    @X35 said:

*cries*

LOL
    mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#97  Edited By mewmdude77

@wmwadeii said:

It took a few episodes to get pas the corniness of it all and I'm enjoying it now.. I understand it was originally aimed at Disney XD male tweens, but it seems a lot of adults are watching it and expect the Avengers, Young Justice quality. Hopefully Marvel/Disney pick up on this and mature Season 2 up a little.

I totally agree

UnosInfinitos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By UnosInfinitos

I don't like this but I am taking note because I want to make my own animated show and it's good to know inbred stupid works well with kids. Hell if this trend keeps going I might not even animate just flash images with funny anime things for twenty minutes.

Okay I'm bitter but be aware that I do understand the money making half of this but still I loved USM but this show is HUarrGHHH- and don't give it's for kids BS because I'll just point you to DC.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@Cafeterialoca: I don't think it is the only reason, I just think it is part of the reason, with back to back shows they need to be a cohesive universe and they stuck to that when they introduced Iron Man in Ultimate Spider-Man it was the same Iron Man that is in Avengers then for whatever reason they goofed with Luke Cage and Iron Fist. You are right though the main problem probably is Loeb and his probable dislike for the show but I'm sure he is getting pushed a lot to make the Avengers cartoon more like the movie cause they want the product branding to extend across all media.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@UnosInfinitos said:

I don't like this but I am taking note because I want to make my own animated show and it's good to know inbred stupid works well with kids. Hell if this trend keeps going I might not even animate just flash images with funny anime things for twenty minutes.

Kids are morons these days, if you're willing to spend the money you can get kids to watch anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.