Marvel To Introduce Spider-Man's Long Lost Sister!!!!

• 70 results
#1 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34016 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel are releasing a OGN by Mark Waid and James Robinson set before Superior Spider-Man that deals with Peter's long lost sister Teresa.

In Family Business, the Kingpin is organizing a large crime syndicate and it's Peter Parker, not Spider-Man, who finds himself under attack, Waid says. The ruthless supervillain has "finally decided to expand his criminal empire on a global scale — if Spidey can't stop him."

But before Peter can figure out who's after him, a mysterious woman in a convertible screeches to a halt in front of him, and she tells him she's his long-lost sister, Teresa. The two of them never knew anything about each other, but Peter hops in the car anyway to get the bottom of the situation.

Spider-Man gets a sister in 2014's 'Family Business'

#2 Posted by danhimself (22650 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm putting this thread in my bookmarks....there's going to be so much butthurt

#3 Posted by frogdog (3310 posts) - - Show Bio

More interesting than SpOck

#4 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23295 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Marvel you are so hillarious xD

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34016 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Pfft comic readers are reasonable pepole.......

#6 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34016 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: I'd lol if it turned out to be Ultimate Spider-Woman

#8 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Man if only they have a KKK for bad writing decisions, they should burn crosses out of Quesada's home

#9 Posted by frogdog (3310 posts) - - Show Bio

Reason why I ain't mad

1) It's a story with peter parker

2) Mark Waid is writing it

3) Exploring theme of peter's family is hardly touched on

#10 Edited by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

What could possibly go wrong?

#11 Posted by impossibilly (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Two of my favorite writers are tackling this. I'm intrigued.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91291 posts) - - Show Bio

The worst part about this isn't that Peter has a long lost sister. The worst part is that this involved the goddamn Kingpin!

#13 Edited by HumanRocket (8717 posts) - - Show Bio

Clones...clones everywhere.

Nah ill give it a chance lets see how they make sense of all of this.

#14 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

this sounds so good and well thought out. the fans will love it. like one more day.

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, i'm alarmed by this, but it of coruse depends, this is mark waid we are talking about, guys awesome.

and most of the NEWS is not what they tell you it is, so i'll wait and see how it's executed, this also confirms that spider-man will soon be peter again! YAY!

#16 Edited by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

ok, i'm alarmed by this, but it of coruse depends, this is mark waid we are talking about, guys awesome.

and most of the NEWS is not what they tell you it is, so i'll wait and see how it's executed, this also confirms that spider-man will soon be peter again! YAY!

Thats my thoughts but damn its weird to think of Pete having a sister -.o Except I always hated Waid on Spider-man.

#17 Edited by animehunter (2159 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

Thats my thoughts but damn its weird to think of Pete having a sister -.o

yeah....that is unsettling :/

#19 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11612 posts) - - Show Bio

Give it a chance

It might be a cool development,honestly anything better than SPock

#20 Edited by animehunter (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@theacidskull said:

Thats my thoughts but damn its weird to think of Pete having a sister -.o

Same here, also it does add to the dynamic and opens up new avenues. Personally I prefer the sister angle than Doc Ock ever becoming Spider-man. Also I'm letting a little hope appear that this bleeds into the main title, once Peter's back, because it's very rare that Original Graphic Novels lead to something in the main titles.

#21 Edited by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by frogdog (3310 posts) - - Show Bio

this sounds so good and well thought out. the fans will love it. like one more day.

Only delusional fools like that book

#24 Edited by animehunter (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@animehunter: @theacidskull: NOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And to answer the $64,000 dollar question, Family Business is set before the events of Superior Spider-Man. So the story will be pure Peter Parker “to make it a "a little more outside-audience friendly," Waid explained.

http://www.newsarama.com/18117-spider-man-gets-a-sister-in-2014-waid-robinson-graphic-novel.html

WHY WHY WHY did you do it Slott (I know, a rhetorical question), and why Waid, why set it up before Superior, why not give us something to look forward to after SpOck

#25 Edited by ShadowX (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

Dammit. Well i still might by it. Maybe if we buy enough tjinhs about pre Dr.ock apidey ( like that wolverine issue and this) and less superior spiderman maybe they will start getting that we want peter back as spidey.

#26 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Marvel.....

#27 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: come on, guy. OMD was gold. i framed my TPB.

#28 Posted by frogdog (3310 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by laflux (16919 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats my thoughts but damn its weird to think of Pete having a sister -.o Except I always hated Waid on Spider-man.

Yep, Waid is talented, but I don't like him on Spider-Man (sorry @theacidskull). I've got to be honest, I'm not thrilled on the storyline, but at least it involves Peter, and I think its another sign showing the writers in Marvel don't like the Superior Spider-Man idea. Which is all good......

Oh have you read Savage Wolverine Six?

#30 Edited by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Yeah the seeing the Peter/Elektra interaction made me miss Pete as Spider-man even more.Forgot how funny he can actually be at times.

#31 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: @laflux: WHY U NO LIKE WAID?

seriously though i'm interested as i though origins of the species were cool :)

and i think we can agree that YOST should be writing spider-man :P

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17740 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm down.

#33 Posted by laflux (16919 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Yeah I've bought it but haven't got round to reading it. To be fair the only reason I've picked up the arc is because its a Comic in which Wolverine has been notoriously knocked around in, Spider-Man is in there, and given the last two encounters Logan has had with Kaine and SpOck, surely a concrete face plant is on the cards?

F*ck you slott.

To be fair, if it was set after Superior Spider-Man, it would undermine Slott, who said that Superior Spider-Man is the status qou- even though we know Peter is going to come back sooner or later. Though saying that, if Slott did have the carpet swept under his feet so to speak, do you think he will go on a massive hate filled rant like Liefeld did with Deathstroke. I seen him as a nice guy from all his interviews, though admittedly, that was before Dying Wish...........

#34 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: i thought slott was a nice guy too, until he started ignoring critics and etc.

#35 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

Because whenever he writes Spider-man he tends to low-ball him and downplay his character in general.

and i think we can agree that YOST should be writing spider-man :P

Damn straight!

@laflux said:

@strider92: Yeah I've bought it but haven't got round to reading it. To be fair the only reason I've picked up the arc is because its a Comic in which Wolverine has been notoriously knocked around in, Spider-Man is in there, and given the last two encounters Logan has had with Kaine and SpOck, surely a concrete face plant is on the cards?

Well given that Wolverine beat Hulk in one of those issues i'm not sure........but yeah it could happen.

#36 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

Well given that Wolverine beat Hulk in one of those issues i'm not sure........but yeah it could happen.

it was just done for a gag, not to be taken seriously -__-

#37 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

I don't doubt it was a gag but what I was inferring was that if the writer was quite happy to allow Wovlerine to beat Hulk what chance does Spider-man have lol?

#38 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@strider92 said:

I don't doubt it was a gag but what I was inferring was that if the writer was quite happy to allow Wovlerine to beat Hulk what chance does Spider-man have lol?

savage wolverine has a different writer now from issue 6 :)

#39 Edited by laflux (16919 posts) - - Show Bio
@theacidskull said:

The last two times Waid has wrote Spider-Man he has made him look like a jealous needy man-child trying to use Black Cat as a rebound girl, and losing out Daredevil. And having Spider-Man (be it SpOck) jobbing to Stilt-man, and having Daredevil help him out. I half expect Kingpin to be giving Peter his @ss to have Daredevil jump out from shadows and pressure point Kingpin unconscious, before seducing Peter's sister...........

That being said I can't fault his work on Hulk (this is coming from someone who enjoyed the Gravage "stay angry" arc alot), or his work on Daredevil as a whole.

#40 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:
@theacidskull said:

The last two times Waid has wrote Spider-Man he has made him look like a jealous needy man-child trying to use Black Cat as a rebound girl, and losing out Daredevil. And having Spider-Man (be it SpOck) jobbing to Stilt-man, and having Daredevil help him out. I half expect Kingpin to be giving Peter his @ss to have Daredevil jump out from shadows and pressure point Kingpin unconscious, before seducing Peter's sister...........

That being said I can't fault his work on Hulk (this is coming who enjoyed the Gravage "stay angry" arc alot), or his work on Daredevil as a whole.

yes well you do have a point :), spider-man is one of waids weakest characters, not bad, but it's meh most of the time, still, i'll give him a chance.

either ways, His HULK is AWESOME and so is his Daredevil :P

#41 Posted by The Stegman (25166 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Marvel is getting Spidey into a sticky situation.

#42 Edited by laflux (16919 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Well I've dropped Superior Spider-Man a few issues back, and I'm only going to be reading it, for stuff like to see his new suit (which looks boss), and for the 2099 crossover, so I have space on my list. And besides, any story involving Peter Parker is a good story right now.......

#43 Posted by laflux (16919 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by TDK_1997 (15005 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel just want to ruin everything about Spider-Man.

#46 Edited by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's trying to calm down Peter's fans by giving some Pete to the crowd? Hmmm...Nevertheless, it's a blatant and flagrant stupidity. It's obvious now. Reptilians took over the world and made Marvel destroy Peter Parker for the many defeats of the Lizard. It's obvious...

#47 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh.... interesting, I guess.

#48 Edited by Dernman (15265 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh this is just stupid. Come on Marvel really? I hope this won't be canon.

#49 Posted by Oscars94 (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel, why u do dis? Seriously I'm enjoynig Marvel NOW except Spider-man! WHY ARE YOU SPOILING MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER!!!!!

#50 Posted by 8008S (507 posts) - - Show Bio

What is this, I don't even

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.