Marvel Heroes MMO

#1 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

  

 What do you think about the upcoming game??....The realease date is yet to be announced and a Closed Beta key is on a giveaway...(since October) 

Are you excited(like me)....?

There are alternate costumes for all heroes....like our favourite...

And no....the original ingame costume is the left one.....and it is NOT the Superior one....(like i thought) 
These are not the only Spiderman costumes.....there will be others,these are just samples!...(i see myself using the original right> one)

Just for the record up=Future Foundation,right=original comic book red/blue.left=Superior Spi.....UUUH i meant in-game starter costume..!

Your thoughts GENTELMEN!!
#2 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks pretty good. I especially like the FF suit.

Looks classy.

:D

#3 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

"modern costume"

Interesting...

#4 Posted by Strider92 (16455 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure i'll play it but they better have these 2 at some point:

#5 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

It is free to play....

So at least you won't waste your money

:D

#6 Edited by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry about the "squeezed" FF costume in my pic...i pshoped it so it could fit all 3 costumes into 1 picture...truly sorry.... 
 
@wr3h said:

"modern costume"

Interesting...

"Modern"....as i said,it looks like Superior a lot to me....and since Slott said in one of his interviews at NYCCC Gazillion was asking him to put the Superior costume in the game.....i am being suspicius here..... If its not what i think,whats the difference between this and the classic one?...
 
@Strider92 said:


Bagley, you sunnnuva bitch, this is wonderfull.....for like a minute i was just staring at the painting, absorving it.....excellent! 
#7 Edited by Strider92 (16455 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: Yeah everytime I see that picture it makes me want Bagley to take over penciling Scarlet Spider. What title is Bagley working on now anyway?

#8 Edited by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

@PunyParker: Yeah everytime I see that picture it makes me want Bagley to take over penciling Scarlet Spider. What title is Bagley working on now anyway?

"In a recent Marvel NOW!  teaser trailer, it's been revealed that Matt Fraction will be working with Bagley on the newly rebooted Fantastic Four." 
He was also with Bendis drawing the Avengers,if you remember....never read anything besides Spiderman & Deadpool related Marvel comic.....(maybe Invincible Ironman once in a while...)
#9 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: About the Black Costume...

Pause at 0:47 and get your answer!!

#10 Posted by Strider92 (16455 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: win!

#11 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@PunyParker: win!

Totally...!

#12 Posted by InfinityAce (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I will check it out looks kinda fun. Anyone know if you can group with other heroes? Or when the game will come out?

#13 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

same dude from Diablo is working on this game???? I'm hyped :DDDDD

#14 Edited by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

@InfinityAce said:

I will check it out looks kinda fun. Anyone know if 1.you can group with other heroes? 2.Or when the game will come out?

1.Yes.........2.and we dont know yet......i think i read somewhere it comes out within 2012...

#15 Posted by InfinityAce (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: So it;s a online game :)

#16 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

@InfinityAce said:

@PunyParker: So it;s a online game :)

yep

#17 Posted by Juandicimo_Magnifico45 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got to say that I am not very excited about this game. For simply playing Marvel characters I prefer games like Ultimate Alliance or X-Men Legends. Other than the appeal of playing the characters this doesn't seem like a good MMO. That was pretty much the only good thing going for DC Universe and that game was not good. For and MMO, I'll just stick with Guild Wars 2! :D

#18 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

You cannot create characters so noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#19 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

heh....

#21 Posted by PaperDemon (610 posts) - - Show Bio

looks cool

DEADPOOL AND SPIDERMAN FOREVER!!!!

#22 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Very much looking forward to this. Love Diablo, so basically Diablo: Marvel Heroes Edition is full of win IMO. Already pre-ordered the Uncanny X-Men pack, mostly cause I want to play as Dark Phoenix.

That said, there's something off about the "modern" Spider-Man costume, and sad to see that that's his default in this game. Guess I wont play as Spidey unless I also manage to unlock one of his other costumes.

#23 Posted by Nightwing28710 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I'll stick to DCUO and wait for the Lego Marvel game.

#24 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

DCUO was a bit of a disappointment. And this coming from a guy who bought a Lifetime sub when they were originally offered.

#25 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h said:

"modern costume"

Interesting...

I'm pretty sure, that with Modern costume, they mean the costume Pete started wearing in mid 500. It was a little darker than the previous one with some slight changes. Basically the one he's wearing now. Classic costume is from 1960'-2000'.

#26 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

Very much looking forward to this. Love Diablo, so basically Diablo: Marvel Heroes Edition is full of win IMO. Already pre-ordered the Uncanny X-Men pack, mostly cause I want to play as Dark Phoenix.

That said, there's something off about the "modern" Spider-Man costume, and sad to see that that's his default in this game. Guess I wont play as Spidey unless I also manage to unlock one of his other costumes.

his face

it's so

ugly

i'd rather wear this

#27 Edited by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: @JimTheSurfer: Guys,you kidding?!

THIS.....is the costume i will wear....no Q....

And as i see there wont be so many costumes for Spidey....

also i found this.....

Preety slick,huh?!

#28 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: No many costumes for Spidey? But he has wore so many... They should make at least 12 (Stealth suit, classic, modern, symbiote, black, bag man, scarlet, scarlet new, superior, future foundation, that stuff he wore while fighting Electro, 2099). Didn't include armored, because of obvious reasons.

I'm really excited to see the moves Spidey will have. I'm sure he'll have the coolest moves in the whole game. Like moves like Jagger or smthn.

#29 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

When this game was announced I thought it would be the greatest comic book game ever.... but after keeping up with what they have releases I have lost a lot of excitement. Since it is only PC, will only be point-click and they will not make it controller compatible, as well as them not having the number of playable characters that they made many think there would be is just saddening. I might try the game because it will be free to play, but that will probably be it. I was hoping for something more than just.....

Marvel Diablo

Again we have to deal and feel punished by gaming companies making comic related games that aren't focused towards actual comic fans.

For now I will stick to creating my favorite Marvel characters in DCUO....

#30 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion: I thought you could install controller extension thingies... :S

@JimTheSurfer: If Spiderman has 12 outfits then other will heroes would want 12 outfits and that just won't do

@PunyParker: Of course...the classic red and blue :D

#31 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool has like 7 different costumes. Spidey should get more costumes, his costumes are so iconic.

#32 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#33 Edited by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Black suit looks cool in that pic.

#35 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: They said that there will be 100 costumes at release. That list only has about 70 or so, so there will definitely be more. They have also said that they plan on releasing more characters and costumes periodically after release.

#36 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde: Hope Spidey is one of those who gets more costumes....i mean,ok,its a Dysney produced game,so we wont see any movie costume for Spiderman....(notice that IronMan has already 2 movie costumes.....) because the movie rights belong to SONY, but guys,c'mon.....he's your most popular character....you can add other costumes,he has dozens!

#37 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@Moonchilde: Hope Spidey is one of those who gets more costumes....i mean,ok,its a Dysney produced game,so we wont see any movie costume for Spiderman....(notice that IronMan has already 2 movie costumes.....) because the movie rights belong to SONY, but guys,c'mon.....he's your most popular character....you can add other costumes,he has dozens!

Wait for the modders to come along

:DDDD

#38 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: AHA!.....smart boy!

#39 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@wr3h: AHA!.....smart boy!

#40 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

ok.....that sucks

#41 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

ok.....that sucks

:O

This would have been the game I would have then forgiven Shattered Dimensons for then...

#42 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h said:

@SupremeHyperion: I thought you could install controller extension thingies... :S

In one of the videos he stated that it could be done if they wanted to but they are not interested in doing it (at this point/in future)

#43 Posted by consolemaster001 (5584 posts) - - Show Bio

this game'll rock !

#44 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

this game'll rock !

#45 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

I really have SOOOOO much hype for this game,i dont even care about Deadpool!!....(ok maybe a little)

#46 Posted by c2thaj (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I've been waiting for a beta code forever.

My anticipation dropped alot when I saw the premium packs though....going to be paying like $10+ per character...that's why I don't play F2P games.

#47 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a pity that the Symbiote costume is exclusive and wont be avaliable without the Ultimate Psck,but i think we can live without it!.....Iron Man fans,i pity though.....IronMan 3 armor is exclusive and not avaliable without the pack too...and i would want it like hell if i was a hardcore Iron Man fan.....

Here:

#48 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio
@PunyParker said:

Its a pity that the Symbiote costume is exclusive and wont be avaliable without the Ultimate Psck,but i think we can live without it!.....Iron Man fans,i pity though.....IronMan 3 armor is exclusive and not avaliable without the pack too...and i would want it like hell if i was a hardcore Iron Man fan.....

Here:

Wait.... Are you telling me that I have too pay for the symbiote costume???  
 
Ok so no create a character annnnndd I have to pay for the one thing that made me want  to get the game.. 
 
OH HELL NO.
#49 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

200 f&^*U*&* DOLLARS!?!?!!?!

#50 Posted by PunyParker (10907 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@PunyParker said:

Its a pity that the Symbiote costume is exclusive and wont be avaliable without the Ultimate Psck,but i think we can live without it!.....Iron Man fans,i pity though.....IronMan 3 armor is exclusive and not avaliable without the pack too...and i would want it like hell if i was a hardcore Iron Man fan.....

Here:

Wait.... Are you telling me that I have too pay for the symbiote costume??? Ok so no create a character annnnndd I have to pay for the one thing that made me want to get the game.. OH HELL NO.

Yeah.....that sucks....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.