Marvel Girls Perfect for Spidey!

• 69 results
#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's face it, Peter Parker has never had the best luck with women. This is why I've taken it to devise a list of Marvel girls perfect for our favorite Web-Head! Keep in mind these span different universes and ages so if one character is younger then it means she's for a younger Pete. This list will grow as my ideas do so stay tuned!! Also feel free to add you're own matches, just give reasoning behind why you think it could work.

1. She-Hulk

Let's face it, Spidey and Jen are two of the quip-iest heroes in Marvel. Both have had encounters with radiation, are very smart in their respective fields, and most importantly Pete wouldn't have to worry all that much about his enemies targeting her since anyone who does will end up smashed!

2. X-23

Laura and Pete truly are polar opposites. Pete's got a serious motor mouth on him that almost rivals Deadpool's, while Laura is quiet and reserved. I think that if Pete was a little younger or Laura was around when he younger, they would've been great together. Pete would definitely be a great influence on her I can tell you that much.

3. Ms. Marvel

Pete and Carol have pretty good chemistry, given what's happened in the past between them. They had a fairly good date once, granted it was the result of a bet but still. And let's not forget their little moment during Siege after she was possessed by Venom.

4. Storm

I believe she'd be attracted to Pete's strong sense of responsibility and the fact he's just about the most decent guy in the Marvel universe, next to Captain America of course.

#2 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel would be interesting.

#3 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ms. Marvel is the best one here. X-23 would be a little creepy, since she is Wolverine's clone, I don't think Storm would be up for dating another super responsible guy right after she just got out of her marriage with T'Challa (Also, I've seen teases for her getting with Wolverine).

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I don't think Storm and Spidey would work or X-23. I could see Carol, and Jen for a brief while, because no one can hold down She Hulk for long.

I think he and Colleen Wing should get better acquainted

Or Rachel Grey

#5 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Or...Peter Parker dates a normal girl.

Unless you're dealing with the X-Men (and sometimes even then) it's usually more interesting to have a hero date someone who doesn't live in that world. While there are exceptions to this (Sue Storm and Reed Richards, Invincible and Atom Eve, etc) it's good to have non-powered characters closely tied to your hero to act as a grounding factor, tying them back to some sense of reality beyond just punchin' in spandex.

#6 Edited by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel seems the most compatible to me. If you're going to hook him up with an X-man you may as well go with Rogue as they came really really close too kissing so at least there's some history there.

#7 Posted by BlackWind (6358 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: That's just hurtful man.

#9 Edited by darthfury78 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: My personal favorites for Spider-Man/Peter Parker are:

1. Ms. Marvel

2. Silver Sable

3. Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew)

4. Black Widow

5. Psylocke

6. She-Hulk

And each of them would bring something different to Peter's life than the Black Cat.

What are your thoughts about my selection of each one?

On the villain side, I chose Mystique.

#10 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not just MJ.

Its his OTP.

#11 Edited by darthfury78 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h said:

Why not just MJ.

Its his OTP.

He is talking about Spider-Man in a relationship with a heroine who are alternates to the Black Cat.

#12 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: All possible. I really wish Marvel would entertain the idea of Spidey and more superheroines together. They already got rid of the marriage to make for a "hip young Spider-Man" so why not let him have a go at the ladies of the Marvel U?

#13 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Let's face it, Peter Parker has never had the best luck with women. This is why I've taken it to devise a list of Marvel girls perfect for our favorite Web-Head! Keep in mind these span different universes and ages so if one character is younger then it means she's for a younger Pete. This list will grow as my ideas do so stay tuned!! Also feel free to add you're own matches, just give reasoning behind why you think it could work.

1. She-Hulk

Let's face it, Spidey and Jen are two of the quip-iest heroes in Marvel. Both have had encounters with radiation, are very smart in their respective fields, and most importantly Pete wouldn't have to worry all that much about his enemies targeting her since anyone who does will end up smashed!

2. X-23

Laura and Pete truly are polar opposites. Pete's got a serious motor mouth on him that almost rivals Deadpool's, while Laura is quiet and reserved. I think that if Pete was a little younger or Laura was around when he younger, they would've been great together. Pete would definitely be a great influence on her I can tell you that much.

3. Ms. Marvel

Pete and Carol have pretty good chemistry, given what's happened in the past between them. They had a fairly good date once, granted it was the result of a bet but still. And let's not forget their little moment during Siege after she was possessed by Venom.

4. Storm

I believe she'd be attracted to Pete's strong sense of responsibility and the fact he's just about the most decent guy in the Marvel universe, next to Captain America of course.

Very interesting picks... I like the idea of She hulk and Ms Marvel is good to. I'm not shere about X-23 and as for Storm... No just no. I like it better if she got with someone more grown up. Captain America, Wolverine or heck have her re-kindler her romance with forge ?

#14 Posted by bueubue (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost rivals Deadpool? Peter is the king of mother mouth. OP.

#15 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@bueubue: I'd say their about equal with DP coming SLIGHTLY ahead.

#16 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Didn’t forge tried to make a mechanism that nullifies her powers, and He also putted a chip on mystique when they were under a relationship. I am not sure if the reason was keep an eye on her crimes or because she is a shape shifter. I think he has trust issues

#17 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: MJ can be a heroine too...

;_;

#18 Edited by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Sable. And this.@wr3h said:

@darthfury78: MJ can be a heroine too...

;_;

#19 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

NONE ABOVE.

Only powerless girls are good for Spidey.

#20 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man is a sucker for redheads.

#21 Posted by Mutant God (3022 posts) - - Show Bio

Also some choices:

Hellcat, Glory Grant, Julia Carpenter, Debra Whitman, Shuri, or Wasp

#22 Edited by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

Spider-man is a sucker for redheads.

I don't know about that. He's liked/dated a lot of blondes (Gwen, Black Cat, Debra Whitman, Ms. Marvel, Liz Allen, etc.) I mean, yeah, he did marry MJ, but he could have easily married Gwen if she hadn't been murdered.

#23 Posted by tomlikesfries (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked Pete and Kitty Pride as a couple.

#24 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Let's face it, Peter Parker has never had the best luck with women.

He hasn't?

Man, I wish I could have his "bad luck" with women. But anyway...

This is why I've taken it to devise a list of Marvel girls perfect for our favorite Web-Head! Keep in mind these span different universes and ages so if one character is younger then it means she's for a younger Pete. This list will grow as my ideas do so stay tuned!! Also feel free to add you're own matches, just give reasoning behind why you think it could work.

1. She-Hulk

2. X-23

3. Ms. Marvel

4. Storm

Yes to She-Hulk and Carol Danvers, they've both had team-ups with Spidey that hinted at chemistry, and I think they even called it a "date" for Carol. No to X-23, who is waaaaaaaay to angsty for Spidey and no to Storm who is too, well, not down to earth enough for Parker, even when she's rocking leathers and mohawks.

I'm surprised Kitty Pryde isn't on the list for the Ultimate version romance.

#25 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: I meant that when it comes to KEEPING them. Never said anything about his ability to get them.

#26 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@fodigg: I meant that when it comes to KEEPING them. Never said anything about his ability to get them.

Fair enough, I guess, but that's on editorial mandate's shoulders, not his. You can hardly blame "let's make our 'Mr. Responsibility' character sell his wife to the devil," on him not being with the right girl.

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Marvel take a chance with Carol. They've been hinting at it for a while.

#28 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

I'd like to see Marvel take a chance with Carol. They've been hinting at it for a while.

Slott is the one who doesn't like that idea. Wacker on the other hand is for it. Damn you Slott *shakes fist*

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:

#30 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: If Superior turns out bad we'll have another reason to call for blood!!!!

#31 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Deranged Midget: If Superior turns out bad we'll have another reason to call for blood!!!!

Prepare...

#32 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Prepare...

#33 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:

#34 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I can almost hear the sound of peoples browsers crying as they arrive at this page.

#35 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: LOL! It's become tradition.

#36 Edited by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: That it has.

I'm waiting for both Wacker and DeConnick to to team up on Slott and hook Carol and Pete up

DeConnick: Wacker says I can do it!

Slott: No Spider-man mustn't date anyone vaguely interesting!

DeConnick:

Slott: How Dare ye!!

!

Wacker:

#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: LOL!

#38 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: It could happen!

#39 Posted by Husk45 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I said this like a billion times already but I want him to get back with MJ. They were perfect togther.

#40 Posted by darthfury78 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Deranged Midget: I can almost hear the sound of peoples browsers crying as they arrive at this page.

Let's be glad that Slott isn't interested in Spider-Man dating a heroine. Otherwise, he would ruin it like they did to Spider-Man x Black Cat. Besides Carol, Spider-Woman and Silver Sable has expressed an interest in Peter. Not to mention Black Widow. Personally, I would rather see Spider-Man/Peter Parker establish a mutual relationship with the heroines I talked about at the "Pals" level than to see it become a Hawkeye x Spider-Woman type relationship. It would be cool to see:

Spider-Man x Black Widow

Spider-Man x Silver Sable

Spider-Man x Spider-Woman

Spider-Man x She-Hulk

Spider-Man x Psylocke

Spider-Man x Ms. Marvel

It would be interesting to see this kind of rotation with Spider-Man as we might get something different from their interaction. It think that the heroines above would make for a good alternate to the Black Cat. Spider-Man hasn't had this kind of diversity among the heroines who are interested in him. It would prevent a succeeding writer from breaking them up as Spider-Man is not in a committed relationship with any of them. Thus, they are free to choose which heroine could partner up with Spider-Man if they don't want to use the Black Cat or if she's not available.

#41 Posted by PunyParker (11001 posts) - - Show Bio
Your argument is invalid....
#42 Posted by warfolomei (6 posts) - - Show Bio

MJ... they had to pull out Memphy just to separate them and even that didn't work as he expected.

But if we have to pick someone. Mystique, yeah I know.... but she needs him in her life. Someone who will take charge and not just follow him around.

#43 Posted by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not rouge?shes an avenger now anyways and it could lead to some pretty interesting dialogue between her and ms marvel who would probably take issue with that

#44 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Molley Hayes

#45 Posted by darthfury78 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: The list excludes woman who we already know. The goal is to focus on the woman who might have an interest in Peter like Betty Brant or Jennifer Walters(Human form)!!

#46 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@TerryBogard2014: This actually almost happened during the time Rogue was running around with Nightcrawler's powers:

#47 Edited by darthfury78 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally. I would have liked it better if they had develop a strong mutual relationship between Jessica Drew x Peter Parker. There is a lot of potential for Jessica Drew and Peter Parker. It all depends on the writer. But I feel that a connection with Peter Parker might make things interesting. Especially if he could have helped her out with a device that could allow her to control her Pheromone powers like an on/off switch. I have always wanted to see a strong partnership develop between them. But there was never an interest among past writers to do so. And I never understood why Spider-Woman wants a relationship with Clint of all people.

#48 Posted by darthfury78 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

The only girl perfect for Spock is Stunner!!!

#49 Posted by Jimishim12 (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Black Widow, and maybe Scarlet Witch. He needs a foil to his lighthearted comical sane man routine with others.

#50 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

How about no because it would useless and only degrade the Marvel women to arm candy. I have no interest in seeing them played up like DC is doing to Wonder Woman. But cheer up theirs always fan fiction sites.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.