Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Marc Webb Spider-Man & The Avengers/Marvel Cinematic Universe??

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wr3h
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By PunyParker

FUCK YAY!!

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wr3h

@PunyParker said:

FUCK YAY!!

YES

THAT

WAS

MY

REACTION

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PunyParker
    wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wr3h

@PunyParker said:

IT ALL CONNECTS

mariioow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By mariioow

Wow... I hope this means we're going to get something like Civil War because that would be really cool to see in a theater

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Ninjablade09

@wr3h: This is exiting and awesome. Maybe we can get a Avengers vs Sinister 6.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wr3h

@Ninjablade09 said:

@wr3h: This is exiting and awesome. Maybe we can get a Avengers vs Sinister 6.

:O

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PunyParker

Just be happy with an Avengers movie with Spider-Man,and leave the rest....

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#10  Edited By TheCannon

I am not watching anything in the Marvel Cinematic Universe starring Spider-Man. He has no reasoning to be there, plus there was the horrible acting from Andrew Garfield in the role.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ninjablade09

@wr3h: I know right. read the article and I interpret it different though. I thought of it as a whole Spider-man universe (basically if the comic was a stand alone )

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheCannon

And something I don't think people think about: Spidey is a teenager in ASM. Too young to work for Fury or SHIELD. So, now Spidey in Avengers :)

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Sounds awesome! Hope they can make some kind of deal with Fox also. Mostly cause I want to see Avengers vs. Doom!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Moonchilde: Would be hard because Fox wants the FF reboot to be in the same universe as the X-men

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Strider1992

Wow. I didn't expect this to happen so soon! Thats pretty awesome.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@Ninjablade09: I know this, but I think it be cool if the three studios made some kind of agreement so that the Avengers (Disney), X-Men/FF (Fox), and Spider-Man (Sony) cinematic universes were all the same universes, just with the respective studios maintaining film rights for whatever characters fall under each banner.

This could provide collaboration between the three of them. Shared income thing that might be kindof tricky, but would be awesome if they pulled it off.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By mewmdude77

This sounds so awesome! the first time I heard about the Oscorp building almost being in the Avengers movie made me excited. It made me think Spidey might eventually be in the Marvel movie universe, but this just makes me even more sure!

mccoym2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mccoym2

@TheCannon said:

I am not watching anything in the Marvel Cinematic Universe starring Spider-Man. He has no reasoning to be there, plus there was the horrible acting from Andrew Garfield in the role.

Yes you will be the one person on a COMIC BOOK WEBSITE that will boycott an Avengers movie because it has Spider-man it.....Idiot....Im pretty sure him being a superhero in New York, after NYC was just almost destroyed, I'd say he may have a reason to be involved with the avengers. Spiderman in the comics has been a member of the avengers for a while now, so there is always that being something that makes sense. I also dont think that many would agree with you that Andrew Garfield wasnt a far better Peter than Toby McGuire. Sure the movie had flaws but casting wasnt one of them.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheCannon

@mccoym2 said:

@TheCannon said:

Yes you will be the one person on a COMIC BOOK WEBSITE that will boycott an Avengers movie because it has Spider-man it.....Idiot....Im pretty sure him being a superhero in New York, after NYC was just almost destroyed, I'd say he may have a reason to be involved with the avengers. Spiderman in the comics has been a member of the avengers for a while now, so there is always that being something that makes sense. I also dont think that many would agree with you that Andrew Garfield wasnt a far better Peter than Toby McGuire. Sure the movie had flaws but casting wasnt one of them.

First, flagged for trying to insult another user.

Secondly, in the comics, Spidey is now a full adult and at least kind of fits in with the others. In the films, he's about 16 (give or take a year), has a horrible personality, and just doesn't work in The Avengers.

Third, I'm not defending Toby here. I'm not saying he was good as Peter/Spidey. But Andrew was just horrible. Ge was lifeless, looked bad, etc. I admit, part of that was on the bad script, but still. And casting was part of what was wrong with that horrible film. The only good casting was Emma Stone as Gwen and Stan Lee.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

"Think Bigger"

I find it interesting how that sounds almost exactly like Nick Fury did at the end of IM1...

"You've become a part of a bigger universe..."

Honestly Sony and Marvel/Disney would be pretty dumb to not include Spider-Man in this universe Marvel has created. It's a win-win for both companies and for the fans.
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ninjablade09

@Moonchilde: That would be tricky with timelines and all. Plus a lot the general audience will be confused and dislike the idea. That's why these movies should be made for the comic geeks, like the Justice League will( beside the fact the reason its being made for money, referring to how they are introducing characters the general audience may not know).

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@mccoym2: No need to insult people. 1st warning.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wr3h

@TheCannon said:

@mccoym2 said:

@TheCannon said:

First, flagged for trying to insult another user.

Secondly, in the comics, Spidey is now a full adult and at least kind of fits in with the others. In the films, he's about 16 (give or take a year), has a horrible personality, and just doesn't work in The Avengers.

Third, I'm not defending Toby here. I'm not saying he was good as Peter/Spidey. But Andrew was just horrible. Ge was lifeless, looked bad, etc. I admit, part of that was on the bad script, but still. And casting was part of what was wrong with that horrible film. The only good casting was Emma Stone as Gwen and Stan Lee.

Tbf if you are/were a teenager and got these powers you'd certainly act like an arse. But throughout the film Peter has matured, and the 2nd film should be by the time Peter's in college. The death of Gwen in the 2nd film (hopefully) would wake him up to act more responsibly. Also Tony was a douche in the Avengers.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@TheCannon said:

No reasoning being there? Are you F-ing kidding me? It would be pure epicness. That's enough reason.

wr3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wr3h

@JimTheSurfer said:

@TheCannon said:

No reasoning being there? Are you F-ing kidding me? It would be pure epicness. That's enough reason.

YES

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By consolemaster001

@wr3h said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@TheCannon said:

YES

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FearTheLiving

I really don't like the sound of this. Mainly because I didn't like ASM and hate Garfield in the role of PP he pretty much was a cool kid before he got his powers then he just got cooler made no sense. Add in the fact that Spider-man went from using sarcasm and jokes to being a straight up douchebag at times. I suppose we'll wait and see but I truly hope this isn't true. I'd love Spider-Man in the MCU but not that Spider-Man.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PunyParker

@FearTheLiving said:

I really don't like the sound of this. Mainly because I didn't like ASM and hate Garfield in the role of PP he pretty much was a cool kid before he got his powers then he just got cooler made no sense. Add in the fact that Spider-man went from using sarcasm and jokes to being a straight up douchebag at times. I suppose we'll wait and see but I truly hope this isn't true. I'd love Spider-Man in the MCU but not that Spider-Man.

Two words....:Lazy writing...

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FearTheLiving

@PunyParker said:

@FearTheLiving said:

Was that directed at me or the movie?

If me then, how is saying a four word response any better?

If the movie, yes that is part of it especially how it had plot points jumping all over the place, but it's also up to the director to get the right responses from his/her actors/actresses. Hence why Peter came off like a hipster douche.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ninjablade09

@FearTheLiving said:

Ya that really surprised me seeing Garfield is a huge Spider-man fan. But I can look past that as I like new things, though when he's bullied you wonder why he's not the hottest guy in school. I think they should have had Spidey be older.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PunyParker

@FearTheLiving said:

@PunyParker said:

@FearTheLiving said:

If the movie, yes that is part of it especially how it had plot points jumping all over the place, but it's also up to the director to get the right responses from his/her actors/actresses. Hence why Peter came off like a hipster douche.

1.it was directed to the movie...(how it can be directed to you, anyway?!)

2. Yes,plot points and script holes made the movie just a bit better than SM3 and thats all...

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FearTheLiving

@PunyParker said:

@FearTheLiving said:

@PunyParker said:

@FearTheLiving said:

2. Yes,plot points and script holes made the movie just a bit better than SM3 and thats all...

You never know I just left a joke on the Target commercial and woke up to an message in my inbox saying I'm stupid and I made an ass out of myself and was blocked by the guy. So it's not out of the question for people to take things extremely personal even with a ":P", but I apologize for the confusion.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PunyParker

@FearTheLiving said:

@PunyParker said:

@FearTheLiving said:

@PunyParker said:

@FearTheLiving said:

You never know I just left a joke on the Target commercial and woke up to an message in my inbox saying I'm stupid and I made an ass out of myself and was blocked by the guy. So it's not out of the question for people to take things extremely personal even with a ":P", but I apologize for the confusion.

Avatar image for thorlovernohomo
    Thorlovernohomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Thorlovernohomo
    Loading Video...

I know this probably doesn't mean much, me not knowing much about the relationship between Sony entertainment and movies, but the spaceship in this commercial strongly resembles the Helicarrier of the Avengers.

Bokkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fine by me, but will he keep his mask on this time ?

TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bokkie said:

Fine by me, but will he keep his mask on this time ?

This comment is made of pure win.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.