Looks like spider-man might have an important role in AvsX

#2 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

If this happens again I swear i'll facepalm:

Then again this is Bendis we're talking about..

#3 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: Seems to me, like he's just going to get his ass kicked, which I can't wait to see.

@Strider92: Who wrote that garbage again?

#4 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@nonfiction91: Kavanagh I think.

#5 Edited by BlackArmor (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not.......for his sake

#6 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: ah right, the guy who, with Rob liefeld, effectively destroyed the credibility of comics for about 15 years.

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@nonfiction91:

yep

#8 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: That gif still makes me lmao

And I didn't notice the Bendis bit, he's truly just a dollar chasing pig. They're going to over do it soon, AvX is just the first stepp on the road to obscurity

#9 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@nonfiction91: To be honest sometimes I don't think he does it intentionally I think he just doesn't seem to understand what readers want from the stories.

Some of his writing has been ok but lately:

#10 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Nah, I agree. I doubt he's that heartless, but at this point I think he's stopped carrying what people say and just focuses on pie charts and focus groups full of non-continual readers. That whole Mary Jane break-up was a clear cut example of that. When it comes down to it, I think that happens to alot of guys in his position, like spielberg and George Lucas, pressure from the public + being of older age= simply out of touch. <<< equation for disaster

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@nonfiction91 said:

@Strider92: pressure from the public + being of older age= simply out of touch. <<< equation for disaster

This pretty much summed it up (pun intended)!

#12 Edited by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel would never kill off Spidey, so I can see them making Spidey save the day. but I won't like it as much as Ends of the Earth happening now in Amazing Spider-Man. Dan Slott is doing good, but whoever is doing Avengers vs X-men should go jump in a hole and starve. This Avengers/X-men event is just Fear Itself part two, return of the shitty crossover for me, just focusing on a different character this time, mostly of Wolverine so far. Seriously, it's not good so far.

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

Marvel would never kill off Spidey

Clone Saga.

Death of Ultimate Spider-man.

#14 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do you people read this crap for the love of god there are so many good Marvel comics out there but you get the crappiest of the list

#15 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

If this happens again I swear i'll facepalm:

Then again this is Bendis we're talking about..

pfft. oh my god. LMAO!

#16 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

@Strider92 said:

If this happens again I swear i'll facepalm:

Then again this is Bendis we're talking about..

pfft. oh my god. LMAO!

Yes it happened....deal with it lol

#17 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@oraclefyre said:

@Strider92 said:

If this happens again I swear i'll facepalm:

Then again this is Bendis we're talking about..

pfft. oh my god. LMAO!

Yes it happened....deal with it lol

lol Even as a What If? this is too much to deal with. I'm trying to imagine a wise-cracking Phoenix....nah...not working...

#18 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

lol Even as a What If? this is too much to deal with. I'm trying to imagine a wise-cracking Phoenix....nah...not working...

gets even harder when you think:

Spider-man = Spider, Pheonix = Bird,

Brids eat Spiders= How can the both be in the same guy!!!

What makes it even funnier is that its cannon 616 and not a What if?.....

#19 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@oraclefyre said:

lol Even as a What If? this is too much to deal with. I'm trying to imagine a wise-cracking Phoenix....nah...not working...

gets even harder when you think:

Spider-man = Spider, Pheonix = Bird,

Brids eat Spiders= How can the both be in the same guy!!!

What makes it even funnier is that its cannon 616 and not a What if?.....

LOL. omg it's seriously legit?

#20 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92: me too
#21 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

LOL. omg it's seriously legit?

Afarid so. Spider-man is an ex-phoenix host! The horror!:

#22 Edited by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@oraclefyre said:

LOL. omg it's seriously legit?

Afarid so. Spider-man is an ex-phoenix host! The horror!:

no words....no words can describe how much this affects me...

#23 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

no words....no words can describe how much this affects me...

I believe it may be one of the signs for the apocalypse..

#24 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@oraclefyre said:

no words....no words can describe how much this affects me...

I believe it may be one of the signs for the apocalypse..

I think the apocalypse would be better than this hell...

#25 Edited by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre: Believe it or not there's been worse:

Its like they just don't know what street lvl means T.T. 1 shotting Galactus ftw?

#26 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@oraclefyre: Believe it or not there's been worse:

Its like they just don't know what street lvl means T.T. 1 shotting Galactus ftw?

Time to run for the hills? I think so!

#27 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9204 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited to see how Avengers Vs. X-men can bring the story to Spidey

#28 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@mewmdude77 said:

Marvel would never kill off Spidey

Clone Saga.

Death of Ultimate Spider-man.

When did Peter die in Clone Saga?

and that second one is the Ultimate Universe, it's got different rules.

#29 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@oraclefyre: Believe it or not there's been worse:

Its like they just don't know what street lvl means T.T. 1 shotting Galactus ftw?

Please tell me this is a What if, and not actually Canon material.

#30 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77: Its from Spider-man and the Secret Wars 4# and i'm not 100% sure if its cannon or not.

#31 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@mewmdude77 said:

Marvel would never kill off Spidey

Clone Saga.

Death of Ultimate Spider-man.

When did Peter die in Clone Saga?

and that second one is the Ultimate Universe, it's got different rules.

Not that he died in the Clone Saga, but the fact that the original intent was to replace Peter.

#32 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@mewmdude77: Its from Spider-man and the Secret Wars 4# and i'm not 100% sure if its cannon or not.

I really hope it's not canon.

#33 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@mewmdude77 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@mewmdude77 said:

Marvel would never kill off Spidey

Clone Saga.

Death of Ultimate Spider-man.

When did Peter die in Clone Saga?

and that second one is the Ultimate Universe, it's got different rules.

Not that he died in the Clone Saga, but the fact that the original intent was to replace Peter.

i see

#34 Edited by steveman6191 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: i probably would too but eh who knows maybe its a good idea? for a what if and cmon you gotta admit a wise cracking phoenix would be sorta awesome and especially in AVX

#35 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@steveman6191 said:

@Strider92: i probably would too but eh who knows maybe its a good idea? for a what if and cmon you gotta admit a wise cracking phoenix would be sorta awesome and especially in AVX

Well i've got nothing against a wise cracking Phoenix its just recently everyone seems to be a host for the Pheonix. You've got 3 people on the Avengers Team alone who have a connection to it:

#36 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

now there are 5 hosts from the xmen

#37 Edited by KillerZ (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually The Spider-Phoenix wasn't actually Phoenix Force, Spider-Man rigged up some Arcade tech to cast a image of phoenix, to battle his robots.

Moderator
#38 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@KillerZ said:

Actually The Spider-Phoenix wasn't actually Phoenix Force, Spider-Man rigged up some tech to cast a image of phoenix, to scare the villains.

It was? phew I feel a little better now. It's been a while since I read that issue i'll have to remind myself. Not that it really matters now that my worst fear came true and everyone became the phoenix lol......... Now its done they should at least have fun with it.

Phoenix force Squirrel Girl anyone?

#39 Posted by KillerZ (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Phoenix force Squirrel Girl anyone?

Would be insanely awesome. But I keep thinking: fire + big fluffy tail = does not end well.

Moderator
#40 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@KillerZ said:

@Strider92 said:

Phoenix force Squirrel Girl anyone?

Would be insanely awesome. But I keep thinking: fire + big fluffy tail = does not end well.

I said this as a joke and just searched Squirrel Girl Phoenix to see if anyone had done any fanart to illustrate the awesomeness of the idea and I found this:

IS THIS LEGIT!? If it is the Marvel uni is doomed......

#41 Posted by Dernman (15264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

@KillerZ said:

@Strider92 said:

Phoenix force Squirrel Girl anyone?

Would be insanely awesome. But I keep thinking: fire + big fluffy tail = does not end well.

I said this as a joke and just searched Squirrel Girl Phoenix to see if anyone had done any fanart to illustrate the awesomeness of the idea and I found this:

IS THIS LEGIT!? If it is the Marvel uni is doomed......

heh. Most likely and alt cover of fanmade.
#42 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: If this really happens then everyone is screwed

#43 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

Well we got a hint as to what he's supposed to do in NA: 27:

Looks like they might be bringing back "The Other" as that's the last time I remember hearing about "The Spider".

#44 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: totally agree with u

Online
#45 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Well we got a hint as to what he's supposed to do in NA: 27:

Looks like they might be bringing back "The Other" as that's the last time I remember hearing about "The Spider".

Maybe that's the big change coming in Amazing Spider-Man #700?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.