Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Lettering differences between the 616 and Ultimate Universe

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I've got to hand it to this guy, he's really observant and I don't think I would have ever noticed this. So here's the deal. In the 616 Universe all speech is lettered in all UPPERCASE lettering and in the 1610 universe it's all normal lettering like how everyone always types. Well in Spider-men #1 we see Peter in the 616 and his speech is normal but when he goes over to the Ultimate Universe his speech bubbles change to the 1610 style but his internal monologue stays normal. This happens anytime (a few exceptions) there's a 616/1610 crossover. It's a little thing but I think that it's really awesome and some super attention to detail.

Check out the pics!!!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Wow that's really cool

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.