Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Kurtzman/Orci hired to rewrite script for Amazing Spider-Man sequ

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Death Certificate

Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci Re-Writing Sequel To ‘Amazing Spider-Man’

Star Trek scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci have been tapped by Sony Pictures to rewrite the script for the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man, the 3D Marc Webb-directed film that introduces Andrew Garfield as the webslinger and Emma Stone as his love interest Gwen Stacy. Sony releases the franchise relaunch July 3. The first draft was done by Amazing Spider-Man scribe James Vanderbilt. Sony has tentatively scheduled production for the first quarter of 2013.
    Kurtzman & Orci are no strangers to event-sized movies. Aside from Star Trek and the upcoming sequel, which they wrote along with Damon Lindelof, their credits includetwo Transformers filmsand Mission: Impossible III. They are repped by CAA and attorney Michael Gendler. The duo will receive exec producer credits on the Spider-Man sequel, which is produced by Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach and the late Laura Ziskin.
    Said Tolmach: “Alex and Bob have a unique ability to write great character and spectacular action that makes them pitch perfect for Spider-Man. They’ve been friends of ours for a long time and they have an exciting take on the franchise — we’re thrilled to have them join the Spider-Man family.”
    Said Kurtzman and Orci: “We grew up as huge Spider-Man fans so, to us, the opportunity to work on this film is akin to being handed the Holy Grail. We love the direction Sony and the filmmakers are taking the Peter Parker/Spider-Man mythology and we couldn’t be more excited to be a part of this legendary franchise.”

I liked the star trek movie but I hated the transformers movies.

What are your thoughts on this news?

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jayskee

i see the first spider man before i judge

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RogueOracle

Need to see the first movie. But these guys have an alright resume.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I enjoyed the Transformers films and Star Trek while not being a fan of the series. I watched Battleship which reminded me of Transformers. It had it's ups and downs. My friend asked me if I "would buy it on Blu-ray" I said, "no". That's how he'd figure out if I liked it enough.

However, this Spider-Man reboot has a Man of Steel feeling about it. I' hoping Man of Steel will be better being a Superman fan. I can see them both doing well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.