Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17240 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

kafka's death

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

in issue 5 of the superior spiderman massacre murdered long time spiderman supporting character dr. kafka. kafka has been known to trying to help supervillains and villains with their mental problem doing everything in her power to make that happen. she has also been involved with spiderman on numerous occasions. and now after all these years we finally see her in superior 5 where she dies randomly..........i'm sorry but that was just a really waste of a character just to make spOCK develop which was executed poorly. we haven't seen her nor had much build up to her in the current comics and to see her die just like that is not only lazy writing but also kind of disgusting. any thoughts?

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Yeah, I remember when Jamesons wife died, that was so poorly handled, but then it was followed with #655 which was an amazing issue by Slotts standards.

Avatar image for rod_the_blade_star
    Rod_The_Blade_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a hard thing to accept, but Slott's style is to take the untouchable aspects of Spiderman and shake it up. For the most part I am for it but yeah killing off a character that had been in publication limbo in that manner is unfair since as a C list supporting character she won't get to come back.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Webhead_99

I didn't like Kafka's death either. She was in comic book limbo but was well rounded under DeMatteis and offered an interesting viewpoint in supercriminal affairs (what with not being either a superhero like Spidey nor a cop/authority like Jameson, Tork, DeWolff, etc). It also seems to be making a bleak point, that believing in rehabilitation and trying to find the good in every human being will get yourself and others killed... but then again that seemed to be the point of the arc.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By angelalfonso

when i read Kafka i thought you meant Franz Kafka and it surprise me because has been dead for almost 100 years (90 I think), jajaja

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think it was completely random, and wasn't really needed. Not like anyone cares as of now. Could have just been some different doctor instead of a character that has an established history.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.