Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17240 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Jumping in

Crispy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crispy91

I wanna get back into the spider-man,

I haven't read anything from the series in about 8 years now, is the issue that was released this week a good jumping on point or should I wait till the next issue?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kidchipotle

I just jumped into Spiderman as well and picked up this weeks issue as a jumping in point. It's part a of a 2-part story arc about changing the future (very insignificant though) and thought it was a fine jump in point. However, most people here will say to hop on at the Spider Island arc (which i eventually plan on picking up soon) and reading from there. So either Spider Island or wait until March for the End of the Earth arc to being. Hope that helps!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

I find that any issue is as good a place as any to start. But I know that the trade paperback for Spider-Island is about to come out (I really enjoyed that story). Or as Arturo mentioned, the End of the Earth arc is due to start, but not for a few months (I think).

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By the_tree

Billy has it right, Big Time is where to get your foot in the door for current Spider-Man.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By mewmdude77

I'd say jump in at issue number 647, it's the begginning of Big Time, and Dan Slott's first issue

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.