Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is Ultimate Spider-Man (Cartoon) as bad as everyone says it is?

• 170 results
    kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@zarius: When I say it is a kids show, I mean it is a show for small kids. And that is why it is not good, it does not have to be.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@zarius: Spectacular Spider-man being a prime example of appealing to all ages.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i tried watching it, didn't interest me (tho i did enjoy the miles morales episode very much)

spectacular on the other hand got me hooked, it was so great
    spectacular storyline and voice actors + ultimate art= perfection

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy: Miles Morales is gonna be in the 4th season. That should be cool to see.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segamarvel: yeah i hear he'll be called kid arachne or something

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: When I say it is a kids show, I mean it is a show for small kids. And that is why it is not good, it does not have to be.

Even small kids have standards

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By kcomicfan

@zarius said:
    @kcomicfan said:

Even small kids have standards

No they don't. I agree that this show is awful. But the fact the show was designed to entertain kids and the fact that it could be someone's gateway into comics IMO makes it ok.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Small kids do have standards, to say otherwise is silly. Marvel missed a good opportunity to make a program that could entertain both adults and kids. With that said, from what I have seen the reception from small kids is mixed.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By segamarvel

That's funny. My little brother who is in his early teens says he didn't like spectacular all that much and yet says he really likes ultimate. I think it's more of a aquired taste for certain people and not a bad show in general. It's a hit or miss kinda thing. For me it hit. It's gotten much more mature over the years anyway.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#161  Edited By The_Waffle

I still can't watch it. 78 episodes is a pretty good run compared to some shows though.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_waffle: Actually if they finish the 4th season it will have more episodes then every other spidey show COMBINED.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By The_Waffle

@segamarvel: Yeah, I heard they're coming out with a fourth one (unfortunately).

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_waffle: I'd say "Fortunately" actually since I actually like the show.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My 7 year old son likes it. The show is very much targeted at a kid audience anyway, which is great for kids, but I don't care for it. Would love to see Marvel Animation cater for a mature audience as well.

IMO, USM is almost as bad as Slott's writing on ASM.

No Caption Provided

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ikr

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73a0365070
    deactivated-57e73a0365070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's aimed at children, but it is alright.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My 7 year old son likes it. The show is very much targeted at a kid audience anyway, which is great for kids, but I don't care for it. Would love to see Marvel Animation cater for a mature audience as well.

No Caption Provided

Come on dude. Slott's writing at its worst is MILES ahead of USM. Current Slott's writing (ASM Vol. 4) ranks up there with the top Spidey runs (IMO) and DEFINITELY kills USM.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye said:

No Caption Provided

Come on dude. Slott's writing at its worst is MILES ahead of USM. Current Slott's writing (ASM Vol. 4) ranks up there with the top Spidey runs (IMO) and DEFINITELY kills USM.

Fair enough, I respect your opinion and it's clear you enjoy Slott's writing on ASM. I on the other hand, have never been able to take his writing style seriously. It's too camp, cliché and corny for me, hence my comparison to USM, which happens to fall under the same umbrella, IMO.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:
    @magnetic_eye said:

No Caption Provided

Fair enough, I respect your opinion and it's clear you enjoy Slott's writing on ASM. I on the other hand, have never been able to take his writing style seriously. It's too camp, cliché and corny for me, hence my comparison to USM, which happens to fall under the same umbrella, IMO.

Oh yeah, Slott does have his flaws (which you listed), and they vary in intenisty from story to story (ASM vol. 3 was full of them, while stories like "No One Dies" or "Spider-Island" were much better). I just think it's a little harsh to put it on the same level as USM.

I do admit that I have been enjoying it since Volume 4, however.

Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not my cup of tea. It's obviously targeted at younger audiences but even knowing that the juvenile tone gets on my nerves. The show has gotten somewhat better (I've watched a few recent ones) but it's still not my bag. 4th wall breaking and dumb jokes are meh imo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.