Is Ultimate Spider-Man (Cartoon) as bad as everyone says it is?

• 139 results
#101 Edited by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio

@symbiotic: Oh!...ok then,sorry for confusing it!

@mariioow said:

@PunyParker: That was really good, I'm glad about the fact that my opinion of the show improved a little but then I remember that this was just a small moment.

Yeah,that was preety much my reaction too....

#102 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectacular was fantastic, to me I think it may have been eh best spidey toon yet. The new one is just silly. And spidey cycle really?

#103 Posted by johnjoe66 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

ITS ACTUALLY SURPRIZINGLY GOOD

#104 Posted by DMXN (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate is not bad if you see it as a seperate cartoon. It has little in common with comics, and if you ignore it, then it is an alright cartoon.

#105 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow over 100 post, never expected that, thanks!!

#106 Posted by guardiandevil (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@DMXN: Thats how I was able to tolerate it. DO your best to imagine it as being a simple kids cartoon. There were parts I actually found funny and enjoyable.

#107 Posted by symbiotic (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@DMXN said:

Ultimate is not bad if you see it as a seperate cartoon. It has little in common with comics, and if you ignore it, then it is an alright cartoon.

Exactly. It's a different take, but I think it works well for a cartoon. Breaking the 4th wall doesn't bother me in a cartoon like it would in a comic book. All of the cartoons have been new takes on the comic book to my knowledge. Some stay closer to the original material than others, but they all take liberties. This one takes a lot more than most.

#108 Posted by mariioow (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I still wonder why did they add that team? I mean I get Luke Cage and Danny because they're friends of Spidey in 616 at least but why White Tiger and Nova? And why couldn't they make the original Ultimate Spidey team, after all how cool would it have been to see Bobby, Kitty and Johnny? I hope someday someone decides to animate that arc

#109 Posted by ZachContos (4 posts) - - Show Bio

the show is ... meh, i don't mind it. i dont like how weak they made spiderman, or how he idolizes cap and wolverine when he could beat them in a fight ( in my opinion). and the villians are awful, the way they delt with venom was terrible and just sad, and doc oc was just horrifying. over all its ok but spectacular spiderman was 20x the show

#110 Posted by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing is that,erase "Ultimate Spiderman" from the title,and put "The ambiguous Deadpool" and i will buy a f#cking DVD,for Christ's sake!

#111 Edited by w0nd (2732 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't find it funny, there is nothing about it I like except the action at times. So in my opinion yes it's bad

#112 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5870 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate SPIDERMAN...

#113 Posted by Regless (14 posts) - - Show Bio

The episodes range to mediocre to absolute tripe. So far the best I think has been an episode that focused on White Tiger, Kraven, And Spidey. It wasn't strictly true to the original. But it was a fresh take that made a fair amount of sense. Teaming those two up against an enemy like Kraven was good. And it almost had a bit of depth... almost. Some of the bad qualities... they're still reintroducing characters that have been in almost every episode at the end of the second season. It's like they have all the talent they could ever want and someone told them they have to write like retards. When I compare it to spect spidey... I just want it to be cancelled so that something better will replace it.

#114 Posted by darktiger (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemax_7 said:

@Squalleon

: Young Justice is amazing!

Indeed!

agreed

#115 Posted by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3079 posts) - - Show Bio

That does suck. I'm mean congrats to the creator for keeping this show on for longer than 2 seasons, but we couldn't get anything else. I for one kinda enjoy season 2 so far but Spec Spidey is still better. I liked Drake Bell and the animation so at least there's something I can enjoy. I hope like this season so far the team is kind of the back characters. I want to see Spider-man fight and take down a villain by himself.

#117 Posted by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: Dude....we came to this point where,we are ok,with Bell,and with "forgeting" Spectacular,and all.....(animation is better than Spec.)

Just mature the show,and thats all.....i'm not saying bring new writers,that's stupid....Bendis has write some ep. and Kelly too.....

I want a whole new show though.....Spidey took down the Sinister Six by himself.....now he cant boil an egg without the help of these teenage clusterf*cks.

#118 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3079 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: Dude....we came to this point where,we are ok,with Bell,and with "forgeting" Spectacular,and all.....(animation is better than Spec.)

Just mature the show,and thats all.....i'm not saying bring new writers,that's stupid....Bendis has write some ep. and Kelly too.....

I want a whole new show though.....Spidey took down the Sinister Six by himself.....now he cant boil an egg without the help of these teenage clusterf*cks.

If they do make sure I really wish they don't have it Spider-man's first time fighting his villains. I mean the only one that is actually worth the time doing that for is Venom. That's why the second season for most hero shows are naturally better. Most people should know Spider-man's villains. One thing that angers me about solo superhero shows is that about half the episodes are the origins of the villain, its like we already know this.

#119 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sure if your 7 or 8 it would be seen as really witty but Ive watched about 6 episodes and just couldnt do it. I find it extremely annoying.

#120 Posted by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio
#121 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3079 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: So did, I just get sick of it after awhile.

#122 Posted by laflux (13771 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#123 Posted by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09 I saw the Swarm episode(with Iron Man) and it was the best Ultimate ep i've ever seen....some mature humor,good refferences,and good action...

#124 Posted by TDK_1997 (14435 posts) - - Show Bio

It's even worse.It's made for kids and the kids love it but the real,grwon-up fans of the Pete can't have any fun with it in my opinion.

#125 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

it has it's moments and cameos..drake bells parker voice isn't bad.

#126 Posted by HumanRocket (7077 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy it but at the same time it can become very repetitive. Alot of the epi have the same plot Pete gets into trouble he calls his team to help realize a lesson the end. The team ups are okay but nothing really to get excited about. There are some few good episodes I do enjoy. 6.8/10

#127 Posted by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy it but at the same time it can become very repetitive. Alot of the epi have the same plot Pete gets into trouble he calls his team to help realize a lesson the end. The team ups are okay but nothing really to get excited about. There are some few good episodes I do enjoy. 6.8/10

Τhis screams MADE FOR KIDS!!

#128 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3079 posts) - - Show Bio
#129 Edited by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio
#130 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3079 posts) - - Show Bio
#131 Edited by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio

#132 Posted by Darkseid011 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked its not the best show but it was pretty funny.at least it's better than the amazing spiderman movie.

#133 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing is that,erase "Ultimate Spiderman" from the title,and put "The ambiguous Deadpool" and i will buy a f#cking DVD,for Christ's sake!

LOL

#134 Posted by Agha1 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

It is an amazing show!

I have entire season 1 and all season 2 up till now!

#135 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy it only has one star on Netflix theirs hope yet. While I agree animation DESIGN! Is better I still prefer the animation to Spectacular better his movements are far more fluid that and I hate Ultimate Spider-mans lazy photo shoot backgrounds. As to the show itself I gave it two ep. But I could not stand the family guy style humor combined with terrible Anime exaggeration emotions. I prefer my styles of animation separate. As to Spidey in the show I find him obnoxious, moronic, aggravating and overall gullible. The voice cast for Drake Bell is a poor choice he's too high pitched. But to those that enjoy good for you I'm glad you enjoy the show. Me I'll wait for actual good Marvel Shows when Loeb is kicked out of the animation studios.

@madeinbangladesh: I'm the opposite it gave me Polio.

#137 Posted by PunyParker (8846 posts) - - Show Bio
#138 Posted by w0nd (2732 posts) - - Show Bio
#139 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12415 posts) - - Show Bio
#140 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12415 posts) - - Show Bio

@mariioow: it think they wanted to advertise some young non-white heroes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.