Is The Superior Spider-Man Harry Osborn and Other Possibilities

#1 Posted by constocorp (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Could the new Spider-Man be Harry Osborn with spider powers or is it Ben Reily brought back to life, 616 Miles Morales or Eddie Brock

Share your thoughts with me below

Thanks Constocorp

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't care, if it ain't Pete I ain't buying

#3 Posted by constocorp (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: yeah it will be different peter is the only thing keeping me on the title but with Stegman on art i will be picking it up

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@constocorp: I won't tell people not to get it just saying I won't be

#5 Posted by PunyParker (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

I think its Pete....they're just playing with us

#6 Posted by Strider92 (15257 posts) - - Show Bio

@constocorp: Its not Harry. The Superior Spider-man is supposed to be just as smart as Peter (according to Slott) and Harry is nowhere near Pete's level of intellect. Peter even helped Harry through college not to mention he hates Spider-man's guts why would he take up the mantle?

Its still Peter in the costume.

#7 Posted by Teerack (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I'd love to see Harry Come back as a new GOOD goblin.

#8 Edited by constocorp (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Maybe in spiderman #700 he gaines spider powers or something like that because there saying that the new spider-man had a relationship with mary jane i think he did

#9 Posted by Strider92 (15257 posts) - - Show Bio

@constocorp: Again Slott said the Superior Spider-man is as smart as Peter. Harry isn't hence why Peter helped him through college. Also Harry hates Spider-man why would he become him?

#10 Posted by constocorp (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: To avenge peters death maybe

#11 Posted by thespideyguy (2579 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash Thompson, Eddie Brock, and Kaine are who I think. Morbius or one of his villains would be cool, but look at Minimum Carnage.

Web Web

#12 Posted by Strider92 (15257 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy: Its not Flash because he's moving to Philly. Its not Brock because he's been confirmed as Flashes supporting cast in Philly and Dan Slott has told us that it isn't Kaine or Miguel.

#13 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine's out of the questions due to the fact that, there's a story about him confronting the new spider-man.

#14 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Hell right!

#15 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

#16 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking Superior is a mutant. I mean, he has Nightcrawler feet, and he climbs using retractable claws. It's possible.

#17 Edited by KillerZ (1580 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Flying_J87 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Phil Urich perhaps?

As for Harry, remember back in "American Son" he only claimed he didn't see Spidey's face when his mask got torn off. He could have easily been lying because finding out it was Pete would have made the OMIT BS null and void. If Harry was alive in Europe all that time, he would have undoubtedly heard when Spidey removed his mask, so he'd remember it all upon seeing Pete without the mask on.

For all the people saying if it isn't Pete then they aren't buying, really, is there any doubt that even if it isn't initially Pete that he'll be brought back eventually? I'll check it out, and if the story is good, then I'll keep buying, plain and simple.

#19 Posted by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Its probably some new mutated clone of Peter made by Jackal. Honestly Its supposed to be Spider-man's 50th anniversary, you think Marvel would at least have the decency to give Peter a happy ending. :(

#20 Edited by constocorp (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@spideyfan69: BUT DEATH IS THE BEST ENDING IN MARVEL AND IT IS NOT TOTALLY OVERUSED AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!
*SARCASM*

#21 Posted by Pazuzu (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering the finger talons, this maybe outlandish but what about Miguel O'Hara of the 2099 series?

#22 Posted by DraketheSlaughter (86 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's Peter Parker

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.