Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is the gauntlet worth buying?

gotjoe11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gotjoe11

I've always liked spider-man. I started reading spider-man because of the ultimate spider-man books which are awesome. Since a couple of months, I've been picking up the brand new day paperbacks, but honestly I'm not really enjoying them, but that's just my opinion. I liked some of the stories like New ways to die and American son, but most of the stories I found myself not really liking them. Now that the Grim hunt is finished, and should come out soon in trade paperback, I really want to buy it because I saw some good reviews. So I just want to know if I have to go through the whole Gauntlet story line to understand the Grim hunt, and if the Gauntlet  is worth reading, because honestly I don't really want to buy those books?

Avatar image for darkwolverineusmc
    darkwolverineUSMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By darkwolverineUSMC
    @gotjoe11 said:
    "I've always liked spider-man. I started reading spider-man because of the ultimate spider-man books which are awesome. Since a couple of months, I've been picking up the brand new day paperbacks, but honestly I'm not really enjoying them, but that's just my opinion. I liked some of the stories like New ways to die and American son, but most of the stories I found myself not really liking them. Now that the Grim hunt is finished, and should come out soon in trade paperback, I really want to buy it because I saw some good reviews. So I just want to know if I have to go through the whole Gauntlet story line to understand the Grim hunt, and if the Gauntlet  is worth reading, because honestly I don't really want to buy those books? "

Totally worth buying. They're a reworking of some of his most deadliest encounters with some of his most iconic enemies after the brand new day arc. Electro, the new Rhino,( looks awesome), the new vulture, and several others. Some major things have happened, llike the fusion of sandman and hydroman, the destruction of the daily bugle, I mean it's one of the biggest spidey story arcs ever! It gets a 5 outta 5 from me.
    gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gambit987

I think I will buy it too.

Gennadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Gennadius
    @darkwolverineUSMC: 
    Fusion of sandman and hydroman ??? 
    When did that happen I only recall him protecting that girl and treating her like a princess. 

But I agree you should definatly read the gauntlet/the grim hunt (and since I heard somewhere That because Mac gargan is becoming the scorpion again the venom and carnage might get new hosts(who might be one of the spiders in those issue's) but like you I dont really like the wedding-issue's now,Im just not a big fan of romance-issue's.     

off-topic 
    Lol you seem like a fan of daken XD 
    Have you seen how bad he got owned by the punisher in franken-castle    
    gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gambit987

Hey do mysterio also show up, I think so (I am a big Mysterio fan).

gotjoe11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gotjoe11
    @darkwolverineUSMC: 

All right, I guess I'll try them out. Thanks a lot.
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By zombietag

not all of it, but its pretty sweet. i really enjoyed it, but its not one of my favorite arcs

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mutant X

I loved the Gauntlet. Amazing Spider-Man is my favorite series out right now.

@Gennadius said:

" @darkwolverineUSMC: Fusion of sandman and hydroman ??? When did that happen I only recall him protecting that girl and treating her like a princess.  "
    Yeah that didn't happen during the Gauntlet. That happened way back in issue 217 I think.
    Avatar image for darkwolverineusmc
    darkwolverineUSMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By darkwolverineUSMC
    @Mutant X:
    My bad. I got so carried away. Forgot.
    i.aint.wit.it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By i.aint.wit.it
    @gotjoe11:
    OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!! OMG 
    Ithink I know why I was brought into this world. It is to answer your question. Here it goes 
    F*@#$%&^&*(^CKKKKKK YE$EESSSSS!!!!!! sorry for the profain language but bro this is a can't miss
    Pro: 
    The first part of the guanlet with Elctro then sandman were amazing and probably the best! Best spidey fights I've seen in a long time. The Mysterio one was crazy awesome. Great writing and action made it totally worth while. The art in the Juggernat and Sandman arc blew my mind foo! Each story arc consist of Spidey giving his best efforts to do whats he thinks is right but will his idea of right and wrong be best for everybody? is what the stories show you. The put the bug through the ringer on this one!

Cons:

My only complaint tho is the lizard story arc.  I wasn't really feeling it but every other arc is bombtastic! 
    The whole thing is a perfect lead up to that kraven story arc as well which isn't all that bad either.

Please buy it!! 
    or steal it if thats what you do I won't judge.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iLLituracy
    @i.aint.wit.it: Your sole purpose in life was to tell a dude that he should buy a Spider-Man arc? Huh...well, kudos to you for accomplishing your purpose.
    i.aint.wit.it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By i.aint.wit.it
    @iLLituracy:  Thanks. IDK WTF I'll do now. I'll probably go home look myself in the mirror and shoot the first thing I see!

@gambit987:

The mysterio arc was too cool bro. That guy is probably more clever than the riddler! Idk how he keeps dodging death. 

gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gambit987
    @i.aint.wit.it:  I always was a huge mysterio fan now I am certainly going to buy the gaunlet.
    gotjoe11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gotjoe11
    @i.aint.wit.it: 
    AWESOME RESPONSE!!! lol just joking thanks a lot now I'm really gonna buy it haha
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @gotjoe11: Don't read the whole paperback in one go, though, that'd be WAAAY too depressing, lol 

It's an awesome storyline (though I wasn't really feeling the Sandman arc) but man, it really bummed me out at times...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.