Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is superior spider-man, the best marvel series?

• 71 results
    kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@master_of_suprise said:

1. The scent thing I can buy but the way he acts is a dead give away that it's not the same besides which Wolverine has dealt with clones before. 2. I guess I have to grant you this as it doesn't tell us which memories he accessed. 3. I'll grant you this one too may simply be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. 4. See the last time they did this we got OMD and I can go into a list of reasons why I hate that story. 5. I propose this question to your theory. If this is in fact Peter thinking he's Otto then what was up with the soul scene?

I think it's some sort subconscious/jimminy cricket type thing. Parker believes he is now Doc Ock and this is his way of "removing" the Parker essence. This would allow for Doc Ock to "defeat" him in SSM 9 as there is really no way for Doc Ock to win. There was no anomaly in the Avengers' scan. It was just something SpOck created or imagined in order reinforce he is Ock with nothing left of Parker.

And you reminded me of the X-Men/Spider-man miniseries. In one issue it's Parker, the next issue it's Reilly, the next issue it's Parker explaining how the previous Spider-Man was someone else and they never really met before. Wolverine met Scarlett Spider and knows he's a clone. Mr Fantastic met Kaine and knows Parker has a clone. What if SpOck comes right out and admits he is not the same Spider-Man but is a clone. The original Spider-Man decided to go on walk the earth (like Caine in Kung-Fu) and meditate because the death of Doc Ock really got to him. It's not like Parker has given up being Spider-Man for a while. I didn't follow the Reilly period too closely so I don't remember how the other heroes behaved to this other Spider-Man. I'm sure people won't like it but what could other super-heroes do? Every test shows it's the same person, the "clone" explains why there's a change in behavior, the "clone" is still a super-hero doing good. If Parker wishes privacy, should the Avengers waste manpower looking for him?

The problem is they don't think it's a clone. They think it's the same guy despite acting nothing like he is normally. If he claimed to be a clone I could buy that. However he hasn't so I still call BS. Then there's Mary Jane who Knows Peter is Spider-Man. I'm pretty sure she'd want to know where he is. Now going on your theory why did Otto believe he was Peter when he died?

Avatar image for captain_oblivious
    captain_oblivious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is they don't think it's a clone. They think it's the same guy despite acting nothing like he is normally. If he claimed to be a clone I could buy that. However he hasn't so I still call BS. Then there's Mary Jane who Knows Peter is Spider-Man. I'm pretty sure she'd want to know where he is. Now going on your theory why did Otto believe he was Peter when he died?

The clone excuse would be for the super-heroes. MJ would get some other excuse. With the retcon, doesn't seem like she would have any any real contact with the heroes, they would be more of Parker's friends after the break up type thing.

As for why Otto would think he's Parker, that's simple

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1152973_o.gif

(yay! it animates!) Part of the fun is trying to think what might happen. Slott's left a bunch of clues that seem to violate the Chekhov's gun principle so how the story can end may not have been introduced yet.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The question should be if it's the best Marvel Now series and even then I'd say no. FF and New Avengers are both better although I'm enjoying Superior Spidey a lot.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Superior is average Slott has been writing Spider-man so long that I find the book is stuck in a creative rut so they needed to go crazy with Superior but its still not fresh or new.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I think Thor: God of Thunder started off absolutely brilliantly with Gorr.

As someone who is not religious I found it pretty awesome how it brought up the subject of "would the universe be better off without gods" (or religion). It obviously wasn't over the top, but it was still pretty awesome.

Gorr was also completely badass of a villain. I mean...tanking an magic blast from all-father Thor? (a couple times no less) ridiculously badass.

And even though issue 12 was a filler issue...it was pretty awesome seeing Thor being such a great guy, like visting the guy about to be on death role, or watching the sunset with Jane on the moon..etc.

Definitely has been my favorite marvel title over the past year+

Avatar image for miley_cyrus_is_the_best_singer
    Miley_Cyrus_is_the_best_singer_EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By InnerVenom123

This thread ended well.

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By RonSiconolfi

i think its the most successful title- but the best thats up 4 u to decide. i personally like the book- spider-man just kicking every1s villians butt - he smarter, has an edge more dangerous. so otto isnt a pushover like peter. i like the new costume better also. as much as i like the classic spidey costume it needed to be updated. but on the other hand spidey calling people a "dolt" is lame.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dernman said:
    Loading Video...

LOL NAthan explosion

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By spider11211

Next he will ruin the Silver Surfer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By kostisfire

@miley_cyrus_is_the_best_singer: There are different tastes and then there are these singers: Miley Cyrus, Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, and so on. These are not singers. They are "performers" who do whatever shit they think of to get more attention.

"Oh I know, I'm gonna lick a hammer!" She said.

"I'm gonna talk about how many drugs I'm on!"She said.

"Thank God for my daddy and Disney or else I'd be flipping burgers at Wendy's!" She didn't say.

Though, I mean really, how old are you? 13, 15 at best? Do you even know any GOOD bands? That play actual music without gimmicks? Whose lyrics mean something?

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miley_cyrus_is_the_best_singer: There are different tastes and then there are these singers: Miley Cyrus, Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, and so on. These are not singers. They are "performers" who do whatever shit they think of to get more attention.

"Oh I know, I'm gonna lick a hammer!" She said.

"I'm gonna talk about how many drugs I'm on!"She said.

"Thank God for my daddy and Disney or else I'd be flipping burgers at Wendy's!" She didn't say.

Though, I mean really, how old are you? 13, 15 at best? Do you even know any GOOD bands? That play actual music without gimmicks? Whose lyrics mean something?

Well said sir.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: @spider11211: @kostisfire: I'm 23. I think her songs are great. I like other music too. Maybe she's not THE best singer, but I like her music. Why can't you understand that and move on instead of trying to demean and belittle me and not acknowledge that people have different tastes in music? How old are you guys?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker: @spider11211: @kostisfire: I'm 23. I think her songs are great. I like other music too. Maybe she's not THE best singer, but I like her music. Why can't you understand that and move on instead of trying to demean and belittle me and not acknowledge that people have different tastes in music? How old are you guys?

I was joking,you can like whatever the F you want!...

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are just messing with you since it is an odd name, relax.

I am old enough to be your father...maybe grandfather.

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you mean Superior Foes of Spider-Man is the best.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.