Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is Spiderman resistant to cold temperatures?

Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
    CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CannotSpellMyName

I've often wondered if Spiderman is as functional during the winter as in the warmer seasons of the year, as I haven't found anything about Spidey being able to adapt to or protect himself against cold temperatures. I doubt Spidey lays off his superhero duties just because it gets cold outside, so does he wear thicker clothing during winter or is he more resistant against cold weather than normal people? I know he has thicker skin than normal people, but does that help him keep warm? I recall reading a comic where it was winter in New York and Spiderman considered wearing warmer clothes beneath his suit but didn't because he didn't want to be called "Spider-Mush".

SpideyFan113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SpideyFan113

Spider-man has radioactive blood, something tells me that crap will never get cold. I mean isn't that how people get freezing? Cuz their blood gets cold? There was actually a funny issue where it was snowing in New York and Spider-man wore a beanie and a scarf on top of his costume. It was a funny joke, but I doubt in terms of actual abilities that cold has any affect on him. Last time I checked radioactivity is pretty hot stuff.

InfinityAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By InfinityAce

As a joke they might have him in scarfs and stuff but in terms of actual abilities yes he's resistant to the cold. Hes pretty much as superhuman durability for anything.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

There are plenty of times that writers have written him wearing things like a scarf, gloves, and a toboggan during the winter time. Plus he actually had the flu (or it may have been a cold) a while back if I remember correctly so the cold does affect him in some form or another.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xblah_blahx

Yea, it was the swine flu during Grim Hunt.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Usually? Yes, though he may wear a scarf or something of that nature because just because he CAN resist it doesn't mean it's enjoyable. I think I read an issue once where he wore long-johns UNDER his costume for added warmth during the winter.

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

He can always web himself some warmers.

PPSM vol2 #3
    PPSM vol2 #3
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By Teerack

Spider-man wears like a layer of thermal under his clothes when it's cold. I remember him going over it.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By mewmdude77

he's gotten the flu a bunch of times from the cold.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.