Is Spiderman resistant to cold temperatures?

#1 Posted by CannotSpellMyName (92 posts) - - Show Bio

I've often wondered if Spiderman is as functional during the winter as in the warmer seasons of the year, as I haven't found anything about Spidey being able to adapt to or protect himself against cold temperatures. I doubt Spidey lays off his superhero duties just because it gets cold outside, so does he wear thicker clothing during winter or is he more resistant against cold weather than normal people? I know he has thicker skin than normal people, but does that help him keep warm? I recall reading a comic where it was winter in New York and Spiderman considered wearing warmer clothes beneath his suit but didn't because he didn't want to be called "Spider-Mush".

#2 Posted by SpideyFan113 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man has radioactive blood, something tells me that crap will never get cold. I mean isn't that how people get freezing? Cuz their blood gets cold? There was actually a funny issue where it was snowing in New York and Spider-man wore a beanie and a scarf on top of his costume. It was a funny joke, but I doubt in terms of actual abilities that cold has any affect on him. Last time I checked radioactivity is pretty hot stuff.

#3 Posted by InfinityAce (110 posts) - - Show Bio

As a joke they might have him in scarfs and stuff but in terms of actual abilities yes he's resistant to the cold. Hes pretty much as superhuman durability for anything.

#4 Posted by War Killer (19971 posts) - - Show Bio

There are plenty of times that writers have written him wearing things like a scarf, gloves, and a toboggan during the winter time. Plus he actually had the flu (or it may have been a cold) a while back if I remember correctly so the cold does affect him in some form or another.

#5 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, it was the swine flu during Grim Hunt.

#6 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2611 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually? Yes, though he may wear a scarf or something of that nature because just because he CAN resist it doesn't mean it's enjoyable. I think I read an issue once where he wore long-johns UNDER his costume for added warmth during the winter.

#7 Posted by KillerZ (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

He can always web himself some warmers.

PPSM vol2 #3
#8 Posted by Teerack (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man wears like a layer of thermal under his clothes when it's cold. I remember him going over it.

#9 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

he's gotten the flu a bunch of times from the cold.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.