Is Spider-Man susceptible to bug spray?

#1 Posted by mewmdude77 (991 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just wondering, cause I thought I saw a comic a while back where he got sprayed, and Doc Strange had to save him from spider-people from another dimension. I mean, can bug spray hurt him or paralyze him in any way?

#2 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Bug spray is harmful to everyone. It's poison.

#3 Posted by ZenTzen (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

I was just wondering, cause I thought I saw a comic a while back where he got sprayed, and Doc Strange had to save him from spider-people from another dimension. I mean, can bug spray hurt him or paralyze him in any way?

hes weak to ethyl chloride, more so than others

#4 Posted by Strider92 (15246 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd be as susceptible as your average human. Go spray yourself with bug spray it hurts like a b**** if you get it in your eyes!

#5 Posted by acer51 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider aren't bugs..

#6 Posted by SpideyFan113 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

People make the mistake of saying Spidey's kryptonite is Ethyl Chloride. Which is a very huge exaggeration, cuz pesticides hurt everyone. Inhale that crap and you die. In fact, the fact Spider-man was exposed to it and DIDN'T die means that his healing factor is still in effect once its been sprayed. So overall, actual human beings are more vunerable to the pesticide than Spider-man. The Spider-Slayers just used as a weapon against Spidey and thanks to his Spider DNA, it effected him in more ways than a poisionous gas. Its not his "kryptonite" that would imply that Spidey gets weak getting near the stuff, he can very well still fight even if he's in a whole room of the stuff.

And even though fans HAVE made comedies about Spidey committing suicide with Raid (lol). In reality, no, it wouldn't do a darn thing but annoy him. :P

#7 Posted by PunyParker (7008 posts) - - Show Bio

U drunk bro?

#8 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: THEIR ARACHNIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is, the thing he's called Spider-Man doesn't make him more vulnerable, actually his healing factor makes him stronger :D

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24097 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: You're right but your misspelling of They're makes it hard to take the post seriously

#11 Posted by sammystorm75 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude spiders are not bugs

see the big X their spidey said your wrong

#12 Posted by Onemoreposter (3548 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

needs more rad

#14 Posted by Unsung_hero (19 posts) - - Show Bio

The though of a supposed superhuman being taken down by bug spray despite the fact he's wearing a complete body costume, protecting eyes, mouth etc...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.