Is Spider-man getting killed off in AMS #700?

• 63 results
#1 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5228 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wondering what people think is going to happen in this big issue.

#2 Posted by danhimself (22691 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#3 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

I certainly hope not... What would that be... the FOURTH time he's been killed? Even in a universe where only Uncle Ben stays dead, there really ought to be a limit on the number of times a super hero can be killed and brought back...

#4 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

That'd be... stupid. And unoriginal, especially since Ultimate Spider-Man is dead.

#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147115 posts) - - Show Bio

Really doubt that.

#6 Posted by acer51 (2253 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do it they should keep him dead.

But no, I'm a Spidey fan, if they decide they want to kill him they must do it right.

They must develop the plot, and make sure it's all set up with no loose ends, and then make it a fitting end, something a tear will drop for.

Only then is killing him off appropriate, and there should be no going back EVER.

But I don't want him dead they should keep him.

#7 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

No. They're more likely to kill off Aunt May because of the synchronicity of Uncle Ben being killed when Spider-Man first came about and Aunt May being killed roughly 50 years later. Its only a theory but its the most valid one I can think of

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34350 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel said that Spideys costume redesign is in connection you to #700 so ether he is wearing black because he's in mourning after the death of May or because he's went anti-hero 

#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

That'd be... stupid. And unoriginal, especially since Ultimate Spider-Man is dead.

Isn't that Marvel's current slogan though?
#10 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, the Marvel universe is going to implode.

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Marvel said that Spideys costume redesign is in connection you to #700 so ether he is wearing black because he's in mourning after the death of May or because he's went anti-hero

Srsly what are those things in his eyepieces!? Its been bugging me for ages. Kinda looks kine he's got some kind of tech in them. Oh please don't let that be Kaine in a redesigned stealth suit. I love the Scarlet Spider series! He doesn't need to be Spider-man! He's already awesome!

#12 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor died at least 20 times since the 60's to this day. Last time he died has just last year.

Spiderman died probably just as much... Around 20 times since the 60's to this day.

Xavier died about 50 times but half of those times he pretended.

Eternity died the most. I'd say since the 70's he's died 100 times

Lady Death died once.... By Beyonder....

Wolverine died a couple times during the years.

Deadpool actually beats Eternity in dying

Green Goblin died about 20 timed over the years to this day.

Ironman died multiple times.

Magneto has died about 10 times.

Morph's died plenty of times.

Dr. Strange even had his share at dying. He was also killed by the Juggernaut once.

The point is that every character that is not an eternal being dies and comes back. That's just how comic fiction works.

#13 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

No. They're more likely to kill off Aunt May because of the synchronicity of Uncle Ben being killed when Spider-Man first came about and Aunt May being killed roughly 50 years later. Its only a theory but its the most valid one I can think of

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope not , i don't see how spider-man dies, seeing as how he is still seen on marvel covers,

#15 Posted by derf_jenkins (418 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first read the question I laughed because it seems silly. Then I thought about it for awhile and realized with a comic you never know.

#16 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely not. But given Slott said he'd be going into hiding after 700, I'm speculating that either:

a) Aunt May finally bites the dust. Mephisto's on the cover to ASM 700. It's possible OMD's gonna come bite Peter in the @$$.

b) Mary Jane dies.

c) Alpha becomes a huge threat (it's looking that way) that not even all of Marvel's superheroes can stop him. In the end, Spider-Man will think of some way of stopping Alpha that will result in him inadvertently or purposely killing Alpha thus breaking his no killing code and no one dies code. I'm thinking this is the most probable.

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34350 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: I think a mix of A) and C), Pete fails as a mentor and Alpha goes rogue and ends up killing Aunt May
#18 Posted by TDK_1997 (15084 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah.I don't think so.

#19 Posted by fojtikbt (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope not. My theory for the 700th issue is that Alpha is going to go bad. I think he has the potential to be one of the most powerful villains in the entire Marvel Universe. I think this is going to happen because he seems like a bad person. He's nothing like Peter Parker, and I think he would be a great nemesis to Peter.

#20 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Really doubt it, considering how much Dan Slott loves Spidey.

#21 Posted by Dernman (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

They said the road to 700 starts in 698. I believe the alpha thing will be over before then. We still have the Hobgoblin story coming up.

#22 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

heh Marvel wont kill Spidey. You would be stupid to think that. If he did, who cares. He is gonna be back.

#23 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

i think somebody will die (Either Aunt may or MJ as those would be the most meaningful deaths to Peter) but I don't think Peter himself will die.

Maybe Peter is going to end up losing his eye sight as a result of Kingpin's spidey sense jammer going haywire and somehow taking out some of his other senses? It could explain his strange redesign on his eyes

#24 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5228 posts) - - Show Bio

As a huge Spidey fan I hope that he isn't killed off. I've just seen a lot of rumors on different sites, so I don't think it's absolutely baseless. The fact that Slott said he will have to go into hiding after issue 700 rather makes things kind of ominous for Spidey. Somebody is dying, it's just a question of who.

#25 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: he did say he will go underground after it. one can imagine why he would say that. if he fixes/retconnes one more day and brings pete's marriage back..... he would be the man. if he does something stupid we can always use the torches.

#26 Posted by Strider92 (16765 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer said:

@InnerVenom123: he did say he will go underground after it. one can imagine why he would say that. if he fixes/retconnes one more day and brings pete's marriage back..... he would be the man. if he does something stupid we can always use the torches.

He won't retcon OMD, its too soon. Plus he was part of the team that created the OMD story-line and bringing the marriage back would be a bad move considering all the leeway its given him with the character.

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17853 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Nah, he's too skinny to be Kaine.

#28 Posted by Strider92 (16765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Well Kaine is alot less muscly than he was but I think/hope it isn't him.

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17853 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

He's less muscular than he once was, but he's still taller and broader than Peter. My theory still stands though.

Aunt May is going to die, possibly by Alpha's hands (finding out Peter's secret), and he goes nuts again.

#30 Posted by Strider92 (16765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Yeah I highly doubt its Kaine. Last I heard Scarlet Spider sales where doing well.

#31 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

His costume doesn't look that different to me. The eyepieces look more like the ones in the films, but other than that--I mean, the blue portions of his costume have been colored as effectively black enough that I see it as normal.

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17853 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: I don't think it has to do so much with sales, but the out-lash that would follow if Peter were to be killed(again) in mainstream.

#33 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:

He won't retcon OMD, its too soon

You make it sound like it is going to happen eventually, either by Slott or anyone else. Do you actually believe that? Just asking.

And, no i don't believe spidey would die. It wouldn't make much of a sense and i believe there are much worse things to happen than that. I mean, death has eventually lost his meaning. I believe if it's written right, it could even be interesting. I don't think Dan would make something that horrible that we would actually chase him till the "Ends of Earth" but death, isn't that bad. :P

:)))

#34 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Strider92 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

He's less muscular than he once was, but he's still taller and broader than Peter. My theory still stands though.

Aunt May is going to die, possibly by Alpha's hands (finding out Peter's secret), and he goes nuts again.

this seems reasonable, but there are other theories

1) spider-man is forced to kill, because alpha becomes a villain

2) mary jane is killed( maybe be dann slott will get them together just for that )

3)aunt may dies

#35 Posted by Deranged Midget (17853 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15: @spidey 15: Maybe everything following OMD has been just one terrible dream for Peter and once he dies or kills Alpha (IDK), he wakes up from it. :P

#36 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5228 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull all good theories. I hope Alpha gets killed off, I can't stand him already. I also think Spidey might have to stop him because I see him turning into a villain. So Spidey might have to resort to killing. I don't really care if they kill off May. MJ dying would seem to reminiscent of Gwen so been there done that. But I guess you never know.

#37 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@spidey 15: @spidey 15: Maybe everything following OMD has been just one terrible dream for Peter and once he dies or kills Alpha (IDK), he wakes up from it. :P

Hahahaha, as much as that wouldn't make a f*cking sense at all, i would love to see it happening. Though, almost 150 issues would become pointless.

:P

#38 Posted by Deranged Midget (17853 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15: Yeah, and the majority of those issues have been fantastic so it'd be extremely stupid on Slott's part. I guess only time will tell but I still think May is going to die.

#39 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Indeed that's true. Also, as much as i like Aunt May( she has always been a great character imo ), she needs to die dude... :PPP

#40 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@spidey 15: Yeah, and the majority of those issues have been fantastic so it'd be extremely stupid on Slott's part. I guess only time will tell but I still think May is going to die.

yeah, she isn't playing any important role for quite some time now, hope spider-man does not cross the line to kill someone

#41 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@JediXMan said:

Isn't that Marvel's current slogan though?

I thought it was 'Unendlessly rehashing the unoriginal'.

#42 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

hope spider-man does not cross the line to kill someone

Honestly, i would like to see. Yeah, i have always liked spidey for the reason that he has tried and been a responsible hero, trying to do his best to help and not just become an anti hero and not transform himself into a judge that him and no one else can be. But if he eventually killed, that would show some character development that even him can cross the line if the situation demand it.

:))

#43 Posted by Deranged Midget (17853 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15: I agree, I personally found the scene where she originally died during the Clone saga to be extremely touching as a child.

#44 Posted by Deranged Midget (17853 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Yeah, because then it would truly contradict the whole "No one dies" motto.

#45 Posted by Strider92 (16765 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15 said:

@Strider92:

You make it sound like it is going to happen eventually, either by Slott or anyone else. Do you actually believe that? Just asking.

I don't believe its going to be retconned as such but what are the chances of Peter and MJ not getting back together eventually? (unless Slott kills her that is).

#46 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15 said:

@TheAcidSkull:

hope spider-man does not cross the line to kill someone

Honestly, i would like to see. Yeah, i have always liked spidey for the reason that he has tried and been a responsible hero, trying to do his best to help and not just become an anti hero and not transform himself into a judge that him and no one else can be. But if he eventually killed, that would show some character development that even him can cross the line if the situation demand it.

:))

you do have a point :), but he would betray everything he believes in, i will still be his unquestionable fan, but still i don't want him to cross that line

#47 Posted by Inverno (13330 posts) - - Show Bio

If that happened I wouldn't care anymore...

#48 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@TheAcidSkull: Yeah, because then it would truly contradict the whole "No one dies" motto.

agreed

#49 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Yeah, if she eventually dies, she'll need a proper and well written death.

@Strider92 said:

@spidey 15 said:

@Strider92:

I don't believe its going to be retconned as such but what are the chances of Peter and MJ not getting back together eventually? (unless Slott kills her that is).

OK, now new questions has appeared in my mind. It's been a long time since i've read OMD, so i can't be sure, but was it stated that if Pete and MJ got back together, the deal with Mephisto would break? Also, i have to add, that death in comics, is a small obstacle. it wouldn't be enough to prevent them from getting back together.

@TheAcidSkull: Well, not necessarily. Maybe he would be forced to do even if he doesn't want it. I don't think it will be a situation where he will become a mad killer or something? Of course there is a possibility but you never know. I would still feel the same as you though.

:)

#50 Posted by Strider92 (16765 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15: I don't remember that being the case. I remember MJ convincing Peter to take the deal because she knew they would find their way back to each other but I don't recall any mention of the deal breaking if they did.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.