Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is Sony Pictures paranoid with their rights to Spider-Man?

BaronVonDredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By BaronVonDredd

Personally, I view Sony's reboot of Spider-Man as a cheap act to maintain their rights to the franchise. I think now would be a good time for Marvel Studios to regain their properties and distribute them to whomever they want, even if it means going straight to Disney or Touchstone. What do you think?????

P.S. LOGAN LERMAN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By hdorman1

it is 
    they should hand it over to marvel and paramount so they could tie him in with the rest of the marvel heroes

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

I don't know if it's a cheap act to maintain their rights to the franchise but I do agree that Marvel should be doing everything they can to get the rights back to their film properties

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

letting him go to paramount wouldn't do any good since disney is take it all after avengers

MattBodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MattBodega

I'm not sure that Sony's Spider-Man reboot is a "cheap-act"...at least monetarily.  Isn't the real reason for the reboot the success of The Dark Knight? That's not the film that Sam Ramni was making (the dark, edgy, psychological film), and that HAS to be the film executives want. 
    And, don't forget...it's not like Marvel HAS to take away the film rights. Spider-Man 3, for all of it's negative reviews, is the second highest grossing super hero movie of all time....after the Dark Knight. Perhaps it's just a stylistic switch that takes Spider-Man 4 to the top.
    Or maybe it destroys Spider-Man's commercial viability. 
    Either way, it will be interesting to see how it all goes down.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @MattBodega:
    wasnt Iron Man higher than Spiderman 2?

i just watched the third Spiderman two days ago. The movie actually wasnt bad until Peter did his strut down the street and did that whole show in the jazz club, then after those parts had passed it still wasnt that bad but there were still bad parts in it. I would go so far as to say that spiderman 1 and 2 made Toby's name almost house hold in america and the 3rd one practically took him off the A list of actors and almost off the B list as well
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By -Eclipse-

Well, just imagine you're in charge of Sony Pictures. Would you just give up the rights to a franchise that has made you several billion bucketloads of money? Sure, Marvel might be able to make a better movie, but Sony is a business. They wouldn't give up the rights to such an insanely successful franchise, that would be a ridiculously stupid move. 

And despite the fact that all of us here think Marvel would do a better job... We're all going to go and see the movie, which will give Sony more money and ensure they make another movie and keep the rights. And the cycle will continue until they reboot it again.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Theodore
    @-Eclipse- said:
    "

Well, just imagine you're in charge of Sony Pictures. Would you just give up the rights to a franchise that has made you several billion bucketloads of money? Sure, Marvel might be able to make a better movie, but Sony is a business. They wouldn't give up the rights to such an insanely successful franchise, that would be a ridiculously stupid move. 

And despite the fact that all of us here think Marvel would do a better job... We're all going to go and see the movie, which will give Sony more money and ensure they make another movie and keep the rights. And the cycle will continue until they reboot it again.

"
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123

Marvel would do the film justice... I think.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    "Marvel would do the film justice... I think. "
    Agreed. Marvel would do a much better job simply because Spider-man is their character and they would be true to who he is. But we need to be realistic here and realize that it isn't going to happen. At least not until Sony has another trilogy out of the way...

@Theodore said:
    " @-Eclipse- said:
    "

"
    "

Yes, that's exactly what I just said... What's your point? LOL 

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Spider-man's a cash co for sony.
    Ofcourse they're gonna try to hang on to him.
    The last movie sucked bad so they're goin' for a reboot.
    We're just gonna have to deal with it.

BaronVonDredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BaronVonDredd
    @-Eclipse-: 
    Precisely the reason why Hollywood is beginning to SUCK!
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By -Eclipse-

@Gylan Thomas said:

"Spider-man's a cash co for sony. Ofcourse they're gonna try to hang on to him. The last movie sucked bad so they're goin' for a reboot. We're just gonna have to deal with it. "

Precisely my point, but you summed it up better :P 

I don't think it was because the movie sucked, though, it was that Raimi couldn't pick a script to use for number four and was taking too long getting it all ready. To keep the rights, Sony have to keep making movies. The quickest and easiest solution was just to reboot. 

@BaronVonDredd said:

"@-Eclipse-:  Precisely the reason why Hollywood is beginning to SUCK! "

Because people like to make money? The only reason Sony still have the rights and are making a reboot is because they made lots of money. If you watched Spider-man 3, or bought the DVD, it's your fault they still have the rights. We have no-one to blame but ourselves, cause we're the ones who paid them the money to make this reboot.    

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By doordoor123

I dont think im going to see spiderman because i really want it to go to marvel so there could be a New Avengers movie with spiderman. And hopefully wolverine would be part of marvel by then. But that wont happen till 2030 at least.

BaronVonDredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BaronVonDredd
    @-Eclipse-:
    Crap. I'm actually at fault with this one. I hereby deny myself access to go see the Spider-Man reboot. 

LOGAN LERMAN STILL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.