Is Peter Parker an attractive man?

#1 Posted by CannotSpellMyName (92 posts) - - Show Bio

This is something I've been wondering as Peter Parker is the superhero I can relate to the most (struggling with financial/social problems, etc). I don't know many subscriber's names but I've seen Peter Parker drawn in very different ways over the years - sometimes he looks like a dork, sometimes he might as well be a supermodel and sometimes he looks quite ordinary. Most of his friends agree that he's a hopeless nerd, but more beautiful women than you can count on your fingers have had crushes on him, most of them falling for Peter Parker alone not knowing about his superhero alter ego. But have these women fallen for his appearance or his personality? Sure, he was bullied in school for being a nerd and an outsider, but that doesn't neccessarily make you unattractive, I know of several kids who were bullied in school who appearance-wise might as well have been models, which perhaps doesn't quite fit in with the common picture of a bullying victim. Though I guess Peter drew more female eyes to him after gaining a few pounds of spider-muscle to his physique. But how physically attractive is Peter Parker supposed to be? I don't imagine he'd be outright ugly, but would you look at him twice?

#2 Edited by Phaedrusgr (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course he's attractive. He's a good looking nerd with a golden heart and a perfect body.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22447 posts) - - Show Bio

Gwen Stacy, Betty Brant, Felicia Hardy, Mary Jane,...he's not pulling these kind of girls cause he's ugly

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Otto sure can pick 'em.

#5 Edited by Phaedrusgr (1671 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by PunyParker (9402 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe yes...
He's,funny, kind,sweet,and all this sh*t(HA!...rime.)but he got with MJ,Felicia,Gwen,Betty and other hot girls,not only from that!

#7 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

What about this guy?

The epitome of beauty...

#8 Posted by BlackWind (5998 posts) - - Show Bio

Above average. Women just can't resist that nerd charm.

#9 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

What about this guy?

The epitome of beauty...

Aunt May would agree

To be fair on Doc Ock, stunner as pretty hot.

#10 Posted by PunyParker (9402 posts) - - Show Bio

What about this guy?

The epitome of beauty...

How about that?!

I guess you're having an erection and a man-crush simultaniously....

#11 Edited by w0nd (3230 posts) - - Show Bio

This is something I've been wondering as Peter Parker is the superhero I can relate to the most (struggling with financial/social problems, etc). I don't know many subscriber's names but I've seen Peter Parker drawn in very different ways over the years - sometimes he looks like a dork, sometimes he might as well be a supermodel and sometimes he looks quite ordinary. Most of his friends agree that he's a hopeless nerd, but more beautiful women than you can count on your fingers have had crushes on him, most of them falling for Peter Parker alone not knowing about his superhero alter ego. But have these women fallen for his appearance or his personality? Sure, he was bullied in school for being a nerd and an outsider, but that doesn't neccessarily make you unattractive, I know of several kids who were bullied in school who appearance-wise might as well have been models, which perhaps doesn't quite fit in with the common picture of a bullying victim. Though I guess Peter drew more female eyes to him after gaining a few pounds of spider-muscle to his physique. But how physically attractive is Peter Parker supposed to be? I don't imagine he'd be outright ugly, but would you look at him twice?

A few people have made the comment that he cleans up nice, meaning he's hot when he wants to be, and a few of his guy friends point out how he has only been with hot women that should be out of his league. And that short girl in superior spider-man made the comment that she figured he was all looks and no brains, or something to that effect.

#12 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3722 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yea.

#13 Posted by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio

well he is spider-man so i bet he's pretty built on second glance. he is funny which ladies like and he's the corky, clumbsy, nerd type which girls think is cute. i mean jus look at leonard from the big bang theory he dates penny, there has to be something about nerds that get girls goin.

#14 Posted by muhabba (299 posts) - - Show Bio

He's supposed to be very average looking, average height, average hair, average eye color, but a few extra lbs of muscle due to his Spidey powers, but over-all very average. All the girls mentioned above didn't think very much about him when they first met, it wasn't until later that they realized what a good guy he was and then liked him.

#15 Edited by aerllyhong (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I think so.

#16 Posted by Ryagan (676 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone's read Super Spider-Man, they'd know the answer to this question. Anna Maria Marconi actually said to Peter, "I

@w0nd said:

@cannotspellmyname said:

A few people have made the comment that he cleans up nice, meaning he's hot when he wants to be, and a few of his guy friends point out how he has only been with hot women that should be out of his league. And that short girl in superior spider-man made the comment that she figured he was all looks and no brains, or something to that effect.

Yep. Anyone who's read Superior Spider-Man knows the answer to this question. Ann Maria Marconi did, in fact, say, "I thought you were some slick guy getting by on his looks..."

#17 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5433 posts) - - Show Bio

He's pretty attractive (no homo). He just has bad luck when it comes to women.

#18 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@saiyan_earthling: Thanks for saying no homo! I almost swore that your post meant that you wanted to have sweaty man-on-man action in a pool of your combined bodily fluids while a crowd of lubed, nude transgressors vigorously fondled each other to the tune of the Village People. But you said "no homo" in parenthesis, so we're all good.

No homo, of course.

#19 Posted by Wolverine08 (40708 posts) - - Show Bio

@saiyan_earthling: Thanks for saying no homo! I almost swore that your post meant that you wanted to have sweaty man-on-man action in a pool of your combined bodily fluids while a crowd of lubed, nude transgressors vigorously fondled each other to the tune of the Village People. But you said "no homo" in parenthesis, so we're all good.

No homo, of course.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Edited by PunyParker (9402 posts) - - Show Bio

No homo, of course.

You romantic son of a b*tch!

#21 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

The original version of Peter Parker as conceived by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko was not supposed to be attractive. He was supposed to come off as awkward and kind of gangly. Ditko's work captured this well.

After Ditko left, Romita Sr. took over, and he later commented that he had a difficult time not drawing Parker as a handsome fellow. Stan at first criticized this, but eventually allowed Sr. to do his thing. The result? Spider-Man sales surged. People like glamorous protagonists.

#22 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5433 posts) - - Show Bio

No homo, of course.

Gross lol

#23 Edited by LaserLambert (636 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker said:

The original version of Peter Parker as conceived by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko was not supposed to be attractive. He was supposed to come off as awkward and kind of gangly. Ditko's work captured this well.

After Ditko left, Romita Jr. took over, and he later commented that he had a difficult time not drawing Parker as a handsome fellow. Stan at first criticized this, but eventually allowed Jr. to do his thing. The result? Spider-Man sales surged. People like glamorous protagonists.

Romita Sr. you meant.

And I have heard this as well.

#24 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker said:

After Ditko left, Romita Jr. took over, and he later commented that he had a difficult time not drawing Parker as a handsome fellow. Stan at first criticized this, but eventually allowed Jr. to do his thing. The result? Spider-Man sales surged. People like glamorous protagonists.

Romita Sr. you meant.

And I have heard this as well.

Oh yeah. Edited my post. Thx for the catch.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.