Is it a good time for Ms Marvel and Spider-man?

• 84 results
#1 Posted by comkid100 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Before I start I would like to say that I support all spider-man couples and will allow other peoples opinion.

Since spider-man is now single (and rejected by black cat for Daredevil) I thought it would an god idea to try and re-establish spider-man and Ms Marvel as a couple. I know that Mary Jane is an obvious choice and a fan favorite but if you think about it in terms of a writer there isn't many stories left for them (besides a successful marriage story). Even if that were to happen it probably wouldn't end well.

I think the interaction between both Ms Marvel and Spider-man would be interesting and develop both characters in new ways. Spider-man is a very complex character and has dealt with situations that other marvel heroes haven't, he (should) know himself very well but the one thing he hasn't had is a girlfriend that is a superhero. You can argue black cat but in most peoples opinion her main profession is theft (or security).

Saving a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man

Spider-man wouldn't have to worry as much with Carol as he has with MJ or Gwen.Although you can argue he would argue even more since being a superhero is her job. If you have another idea for an interesting spider couples (like rogue and spiderman) feel free to comment.

#2 Posted by maddkatz (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think it'd be a really good idea, mainly because it'd be nice to see a love interest in Peter's life that's someone other than the standard list. Plus I'd love to see the dynamic of Spider-Man dating someone who is physically stronger than him. As much as I'm a fan of the Peter/MJ relationship, and think that eventually it needs to go back to that, I think the time with them apart needs to be used to push him in new directions.

#3 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

yes

#4 Posted by The Stegman (26065 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see them together

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13684 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been a supporter of it. It's different but not bad different.

#6 Posted by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I've always been a supporter of it. It's different but not bad different.
#7 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I support a Spiderman X Deadpool .

#8 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1408 posts) - - Show Bio
Yea..... I think now would be pretty good
#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13684 posts) - - Show Bio

@IIDEADxPOOL: .....................................

#10 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@IIDEADxPOOLII: So spidermen is jealous of black cat ?

I knew Spidermen X Daredevil was better .

#11 Posted by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hated that crossover with Daredevil. Mark Waid basically wrote Spider-Man as a complete loser just so Daredevil could look cooler in comparison. And now I hate Black Cat because of this, so yeah I do think Spider-Man should get with Ms. Marvel. Honestly Marvel throw spidey a fuckin bone already!!!!!!!

#12 Posted by moonsault86 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember way back in Ultimate Spiderman before Ultimatum when Spider-man started dating Kitty Pride, I thought their relationship was really fun.

Roughly, how old is Peter in the mainstream continuity?

#13 Posted by mewmdude77 (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonsault86 said:

Roughly, how old is Peter in the mainstream continuity?

I'd say mid twenties, about 25, 26 maybe.

I fully support Spidey X Ms. Marvel. I know Spidey getting together with MJ with happen someday, so Marvel should just let him date Carol for a little while.

Other super couples for Spidey I support (not as much as him and Carol though):

Spidey X Spider-Woman

Spidey X Jean Grey (gonna stick it to Cyclops and Wolverine :P)

Spidey X She Hulk

and Spidey X Storm.

#14 Posted by theoneA7 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey and Ms Marvel would be fun to see. Although I am still a fan of Spidey/Black Cat. BTW how old is DareDevil supposed to be anyway? I always pictured him being mid-thirties on up.

#15 Posted by maddkatz (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd really like to see Spidey x She Hulk, mainly because that'd be completely random.

#16 Posted by zombietag (1483 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOO

#17 Posted by comkid100 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombietag: No to which couple? and if all of them why?, it is unanimous that Peter will end up with MJ but this is just like his relationship with Carlie Cooper.

#18 Posted by Delphic (1534 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I don't think Peter and Carlie are quite done yet, but it can go either way in my opinion.

As far as the Ms. Marvel thing, I love the idea and it would be really interesting to see. Something tells me though it might be a short lived relationship though.

#19 Posted by maddkatz (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I never liked Carlie, I just didn't feel she had enough personality to be interesting. As much as I hate OMD, I did like the single Spidey adventures in BND. I mean come on seeing Pete get drunk and sleep with his female roommate (even though later on in the series it was said that they didn't do anything) made me laugh, as well as the random hook up with Black Cat in a hotel room was pretty good.

#20 Edited by darthfury78 (948 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing that sucks about the whole OMD/BND is the fact that when Peter and Mary Jane broke up, the writers never bothered to use the opportunity to create a mutual relationship with the following women in his life(besides Betty Brant and Felicia Hardy), such as:

1. Carol Danvers
2. Jessica Drew
3. Jennifer Walters
4. Psylocke
5. Silver Sable
6. Liz Allan

I don't mind the idea of Mary Jane written out of the story for awhile so that his mutual friendships takes its time to develop organically. But I can't see why they won't bother with this possible option.

As for Peter and Mary Jane being " Just Friends", that will never happen.

@Delphic

said:

Honestly I don't think Peter and Carlie are quite done yet, but it can go either way in my opinion.

As far as the Ms. Marvel thing, I love the idea and it would be really interesting to see. Something tells me though it might be a short lived relationship though.

I think that Peter and Carol Danvers relationship will stay at the close friendship level as he has with Betty Brant. And we all know that Ms. Marvel takes her relationship very seriously. The relationship has the potential to grow organically over a period of time. But to simply start a romantic relationship between Ms. Marvel x Spider-Man without the long term friendship development would appear as forced to the readers. Personally. I would diversify Peter's potential relationships with a Super Heroine and Non Super Herorine on a close friendship level. This way, we get to see a different side to Peter that we have not seen before.  This what makes a potential team-up stories interesting. It's best that none of Peter's close friendship with a Super Heroine becomes a serious relationship in the Earth-616 universe timeline.
#21 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@IIDEADxPOOLII said:

Lol
#22 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- I have nothing against it if it comes to be, but I really do not see them together, not a good fit IMO

#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a pretty crappy move on Matt's part, and something I can't believe Waid would write. Sigh.  

Anyway, Spidey/Ms Marvel is the greatest couple in Marvel history. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

#24 Posted by ComicMan24 (147055 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really dying for that couple but don't really mind it.

#25 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe, but I;d rather not.I don't know just...Doesn;t fit. Here's my list of spidey relationships I'd like to see:

1: Spider-Man X Poison Ivy

2: Spider-Man X Harley Quinn

3: Spider-Man X Taila Al Ghul

4: Spider-Man X She-Hulk

And of course, don't mind Black Cat either. She's my fav of all the past Spidey GF's.

Don't have time to talk know, but if anybody has any questions or comments, please respond. I LOVE a good debate.

#26 Edited by darthfury78 (948 posts) - - Show Bio

A relationship between Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man could work as long as the friendship is developed over a period of time. I personally think that Carol would keep things at the close friendship level with Peter Parker.because she understands him enough to not rush things with him towards that direction. Unlike The Black Cat, Ms. Marvel wants to take her time with Spider-Man. She certainly doesn't want another Simon Williams on her hands.

Here are some of Spidey's closest friends:

#27 Posted by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I definately would like to see Spidey get with Ms.Marvel or Spider-Woman. I also would not mind seeing him get with Black Widow as revenge against Daredevil for hooking up with Black Cat. Let's see how DD likes it when his best friend is banging his ex girlfriend. LOL

#28 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, Spidey and Ms. Marvel?....sounds fun, I'm game

#29 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

My top 2 are Jessica Drew and Carol Danvers but as Spider-woman has something going on with Hawkeye (I think someone mentioned they had something going on in the latest Avengers) i'm game for Spidey and Ms Marvel. Besides although I like the Spider-woman/Spider-man couple they really don't have any similarities I'd say she would get on better with Kaine than Peter.

I hope to god he doesn't go back to Felicia ever again. I used to like her character but now I really really don't lol.

#30 Edited by darthfury78 (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

My top 2 are Jessica Drew and Carol Danvers but as Spider-woman has something going on with Hawkeye (I think someone mentioned they had something going on in the latest Avengers) i'm game for Spidey and Ms Marvel. Besides although I like the Spider-woman/Spider-man couple they really don't have any similarities I'd say she would get on better with Kaine than Peter.

I hope to god he doesn't go back to Felicia ever again. I used to like her character but now I really really don't lol.

If we see Peter Parker x Jessica Drew get the opportunity to get to know one another(out of costume), she might find that Peter is a very unique person to hang with outside of the Avengers. As for Felicia, blame that on the writers. The Pre-OMD version of Felicia was still in love with Peter Parker and not Spider-Man. If she gets her original memories of Peter Parker as Spider-Man returned to her, then that situation might change. She did dump Puma, after all. Although, I want to see Spidey's hang around with any of the heroines I have mentioned.
#31 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: Yeah I know her attitude was the writers fault *shakes fist* but I'm also getting a little tired of the whole "on and off" thing with him and Felicia. Your probably right that Jess and Peter might get along outside the Avengers but I don't think they'll get that chance anytime soon. I hope Kaine makes a few trips from Texas to New York i'd really like to see how he compares to Peter now.

#32 Posted by darthfury78 (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

@darthfury78: Yeah I know her attitude was the writers fault *shakes fist* but I'm also getting a little tired of the whole "on and off" thing with him and Felicia. Your probably right that Jess and Peter might get along outside the Avengers but I don't think they'll get that chance anytime soon. I hope Kaine makes a few trips from Texas to New York i'd really like to see how he compares to Peter now.

Agreed. I feel that Spider-Man superheroine relationships should go beyond The Black Cat. Ms. Marvel was the first such relationship. But that got stalled because of the lack of interest by Bendis and Slott respectively as it doesn't interest them. The thing about Kain(with regards to Spider-Woman) is that Jess might not want to hang around someone whose a dark character. She might be interested in someone who could brighten her day every once in awhile. With Spidey's 50th anniversary coming along, I don't think that he and Spider-Woman will go on a date anytime soon. Another relationship that could also work for Peter Parker are The She-Hulk or Psylocke. I am willing to bet that Jennifer Walters and Betsy Braddock  would be willing to hang out with Peter Parker respectively. Although, it would be cool to see Jennifer go out with Peter in her human form instead of the She-Hulk because it might make things much more interesting in a realistic setting. And we don't get to see normal Jennifer Walters in a private life from her superhero duties.
#33 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: Well yeah I do agree he's a dark character but he does bare similarities to Spider-Woman. Both of them are ex-villains, both of them where brainwashed by the people who made them (HYDRA and The Jackal so they should be able to relate to each other having been in the same position) and finally I remember Jessica saying somewhere if Peter had have been a bit more mature she would have dated him (I could be wrong this may have been Arachne before she became Madame Webb i'll look it up later). Has Spider-man even met Psylocke? I remember a while back a promo came out with him and Psy on the cover but I don't remember actually seeing the issue.

#34 Edited by darthfury78 (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

@darthfury78: Well yeah I do agree he's a dark character but he does bare similarities to Spider-Woman. Both of them are ex-villains, both of them where brainwashed by the people who made them (HYDRA and The Jackal so they should be able to relate to each other having been in the same position) and finally I remember Jessica saying somewhere if Peter had have been a bit more mature she would have dated him (I could be wrong this may have been Arachne before she became Madame Webb i'll look it up later). Has Spider-man even met Psylocke? I remember a while back a promo came out with him and Psy on the cover but I don't remember actually seeing the issue.

I feel that if Jessica Drew actually got to know the real side to Peter Parker, she would realize that they are not that different from each other. This would be enough for a serious mutual relationship to form. I am sure that Ms. Marvel felt that Spidey was immature as well. But once she got the see his real persona on their first date, her initial opinion of him changed very quickly on the positive side. I feel that Julia Carpenter is already infatuated with Peter. But as Madame Web, she knows too much about him and the fate that awaits him. Though, it is enough for Julia to ponder what might have been before she became Madame Web. 

As for Psylocke, I would love to Peter x Betsy establish a mutual friendship because it would lead towards an interesting team-up.   
#35 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

how about Tigra???

#36 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, isnt' carol much older than peter? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but she was serving in the airforce when he was fifteen running around as spider-man.

#37 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkwolverineUSMC: Character ages it all kinda gets mixed up but at a guess i'd say Peter is in his mid twenties and Carol is in her early to mid thirties.

#38 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Also, after the whole brand new day thing, no one knows who spider-man really is, so wouldn't Ms. Marvel be thrown off kilter to find that Spider-man is really just little ol' peter parker?

#39 Posted by darthfury78 (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@darkwolverineUSMC: Ms. Marvel already know Spidey's identity. This was why she chose to date Peter Parker and not Spider-Man.  
#40 Posted by darthfury78 (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@laflux said:

how about Tigra???

Tigra has a child. And she's trying to develop a relationship with Hank Pym. Although I feel that she might find Hank McCoy as a person who would hold her interest in the highest regard. I also don't feel that Peter want's to have another Black Cat in his life. If there was to have been a relationship between Tigra x Spider-Man, it would have to have been around the time when she was The Cat(prior to becoming a hybrid). If Marvel won't establish a relationship between Liz Allan x Peter Parker because she's a single mom, what are the chances of Spider-Man x Tigra getting into a relationship given those similar circumstance? 
#41 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

They're cute together, but I don't think they'd be that good as a couple. Or maybe not.

#42 Posted by darthfury78 (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

They're cute together, but I don't think they'd be that good as a couple. Or maybe not.

This is why I feel that if Marvel was able to diversify Peter's mutual relationship among the six women I mentioned, then this would create some interesting team-up adventures. When there is a strong mutual relationship, it leads to a positive chemistry that would lead to a romantic relationship. The point is The Black Cat should not be the only superheroine on/off love interest for Spider-Man/Peter Parker. And Ms. Marvel was the first real attempt to break away from that single relationship he has had. 
#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

Parker needs to find a non-superhero type,marry her,tell her he's Spider-Man and then continue to do his thing.His relationships are the worst part of his book.

#44 Posted by darthfury78 (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
Parker needs to find a non-superhero type,marry her,tell her he's Spider-Man and then continue to do his thing.His relationships are the worst part of his book.
I am sure that Dan Slott would agree with you on that one. Although a superhero relationship could work if the writer knows how to balance it out.
#45 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it'll happen but if it were to, yes this would be the time. I don't think it would stand for long if it happened either. Do I want it to happen? ....I don't know

#46 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkwolverineUSMC: I don't think that's a problem to her I mean she went on a date with him as Peter Parker.

#47 Edited by darthfury78 (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpidermanWins said:

I don't think it'll happen but if it were to, yes this would be the time. I don't think it would stand for long if it happened either. Do I want it to happen? ....I don't know

Let me be clear on this matter: A mutual relationship doesn't always equal a serious relationship, which would be the Mary Jane category(Romantic Relationship). All of the female superheros I have mentioned as a potential interest are alternatives to the Black Cat rather than Mary Jane. Most of Peter's relationship with a female superhero would be along the lines of Betty Brant, which is the close friends/buddy level. The only reason why we have not seen Ms. Marvel x Spider-Man's relationship progressed is because Dan Slott is not interested in exploring the relationship since he feels that Spidey should not be dating a super heroine. Nor is Brian Michael Bendis. For 2012, I doubt that we'll see Spidey on a date with a super heroine until 2013, unless Slott hooks him up with another boring Carlie Cooper.
#48 Posted by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I always felt it was unfair that Spider-Man was the only one who was not allowed to hook up with hot superhero girls.

#49 Posted by darthfury78 (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@spideyfan69 said:
I always felt it was unfair that Spider-Man was the only one who was not allowed to hook up with hot superhero girls.
Blame that on the writer's preference.
#50 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (310 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't see a anything good coming from a relationship between Ms.Marvel and Spider-man. Carol and Peter are to totally different people down to they're cores. I just don't see it ending well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.